Mandalorian Season 3

Too long between seasons and a casual star wars viewer isn't going to care about the rest of the Mandalorians.

I haven't even watched Clone Wars all the way through. Barely knew Ahsoka and Bo Katan. But everyone knows we are here to watch Baby Yoda / Grogu. Lol

I think an issue may be in the titles too. "The Mandalorian" has this mysterious hook to it. When you say "Boba Fett" - how many people really know that name? "Andor"? Obi-Wan Kenobi at least has name recognition, but I think they need to name the shows after the adventure, not the main character. Like, "Skeleton Crew" has a cool vibe and may intrigue people. Andor should have been called something like "Rise of the Rebellion" or somesuch.

I think the casual Star Wars fan has just lost interest in the current Star Wars. I was at an all time high at the end of season two when Master jedi Luke came in kicking butt, but my interest has steadily gone down since then.

Couldn't stand The Last Jedi and The Rise of Skywalker, so as far as movies I thought Rogue One was the best one from Disney.

Obi-Wan series was bad cannon breaking with all of the time He and Leia spent together.

Boba series was really bad with the power ranger looking vespa scooters and such.

Just some really bad story telling imho.

I think an issue may be in the titles too. "The Mandalorian" has this mysterious hook to it. When you say "Boba Fett" - how many people really know that name? "Andor"? Obi-Wan Kenobi at least has name recognition, but I think they need to name the shows after the adventure, not the main character. Like, "Skeleton Crew" has a cool vibe and may intrigue people. Andor should have been called something like "Rise of the Rebellion" or somesuch.

Well, Boba Fett. I think we'd know that if anyone watched the original trilogy. Lol.

But then again, did anyone care about his "origin story" after he got out of the Sarlaac Pit? Not me, but I watched the series for Ming Na Wen. Lol

Yeah if you didn't know and love Boba Fett before his series, you aren't much of an OG Star Wars fan. Same with Obi-Wan I would say.

Neither series did much for those characters, and I would say hurt peoples fandom of Boba Fett for sure. He was a silent, mysterious, ruthless bounty hunter in the original trilogy. He was a talkative, unsure of himself, and unconfident old man in the series.

Yeah if you didn't know and love Boba Fett before his series, you aren't much of an OG Star Wars fan. Same with Obi-Wan I would say.

Neither series did much for those characters, and I would say hurt peoples fandom of Boba Fett for sure. He was a silent, mysterious, ruthless bounty hunter in the original trilogy. He was a talkative, unsure of himself, and unconfident old man in the series.

Well, I think more people know the name Obi-Wan than Boba Fett. he's barely even called that in the movies (you can basically hear Han Solo scream it confusedly in the Sarlacc scene).

Personally I always though Boba was overrated, but I liked him more in the series.

Agree to disagree on this one. Boba was a very popular character during the original trilogy. I still remember kids trick or treating in Boba Costumes in the 80s. Most of the kids back then had Luke, Vader, Leia, Yoda, Han, Chewy, and Boba
Fett action figures.

Agree to disagree on this one. Boba was a very popular character during the original trilogy. I still remember kids trick or treating in Boba Costumes in the 80s. Most of the kids back then had Luke, Vader, Leia, Yoda, Han, Chewy, and Boba
Fett action figures.

Yeah, but did they call him Boba Fett or just "Bounty Hunter"?

Vader and Luke are the top two by a large margin in popularity. Vader is the single best villain in cinematic history, I would argue.

Next group would Leia, Yoda, Han, and Obi-Wan

Then a group of R2, Chewy, and C-3PO

Then likely a group containing Mando, Boba Fett, Grogu, and Ahsoka.

So I guess I agree that Obi-Wan is the more recognizable name instead of Boba.

Vader and Luke are the top two by a large margin in popularity. Vader is the single best villain in cinematic history, I would argue.

Next group would Leia, Yoda, Han, and Obi-Wan

Then a group of R2, Chewy, and C-3PO

Then likely a group containing Mando, Boba Fett, Grogu, and Ahsoka.

So I guess I agree that Obi-Wan is the more recognizable name instead of Boba.

It's not entirely about the recognition - it's just that when the name is just the name of the character it can come off boring. That's why a lot of Marvel movies have subtitles that talk about the story. "Age of Ultron," "Civil War," "Ragnarok," - those sound catchy. "Andor" is just some guys name - and it's not even that cool of a name. At least Obi-Wan Kenobi has cachet. Still, they should have called it something like, "Kenobi: Fallen Knight" or something like that.

If you did a Vader Series of him being ruthless in his prime, it would break Disney+ records. However, they wont do that because that requires them to admit George Lucas was utterly brilliant, and created better characters than Disney has.

You could simply call that Vader, and it would kill it!

Last edited:
If you did a Vader Series of him being ruthless in his prime, it would break Disney+ records. However, they wont do that because that requires them to admit George Lucas was utterly brilliant, and created better characters than Disney has.

You could simply call that Vader, and it would kill it!

Well, you know, he created Jar Jar Binks too! 🤣

I like Jar Jar of course, and would totally watch a show, but I think my opinion is in the minority on that.

Haha, that's pretty funny right there.

I guess Lucas had his bad characters like Jar Jar and the Ewoks.

Disney had their bad ones too like Rose Tika in the Disney Trilogy and the Power Ranger looking mods in Book of Boba.

Disney had their bad ones too like Rose Tika in the Disney Trilogy and the Power Ranger looking mods in Book of Boba.

You know what's funny? I love all those characters you call out as bad. Ewoks rule and I dig the hover-Vespa gang too. Rose was fine, if a little underused in Rise.

If you liked the power ranger looking folks in Book of Boba, I am not sure we can be friends anymore. They were about the least Star Wars type of thing that I have ever seen in Star Wars. They about broke youtube with folks railing about how terrible they looked / were and how out of place they were.

If you liked the power ranger looking folks in Book of Boba, I am not sure we can be friends anymore. They were about the least Star Wars type of thing that I have ever seen in Star Wars. They about broke youtube with folks railing about how terrible they looked / were and how out of place they were.

See, I just don't get it. They look totally "Star Wars" to me - maybe a little out of place on Tatooine, but on Coruscant? Sure. I dug the bikes. I did not think they really look like Power Rangers anyway, though Power Rangers do look awesome so that's not really a strong knock. They were like 70's Brit punks, and I dug it. I wish they had done more, but whatever.

I think the casual Star Wars fan has just lost interest in the current Star Wars. I was at an all time high at the end of season two when Master jedi Luke came in kicking butt, but my interest has steadily gone down since then.

Couldn't stand The Last Jedi and The Rise of Skywalker, so as far as movies I thought Rogue One was the best one from Disney.

Obi-Wan series was bad cannon breaking with all of the time He and Leia spent together.

Boba series was really bad with the power ranger looking vespa scooters and such.

Just some really bad story telling imho.
I'd been saying the same thing about most of the new Star Wars, and people kept accusing me of just hating on the product. I feel as if these new writers never bothered to go back and watch the original films so they could get an idea of what they are supposed to be writing.

Obi-Wan: In the original film, in her little video thing, Leia greets Kenobi with how years ago, he served her father in the war. Not.. "Hey Ben. Remember those crazy adventures we went on years ago? Yeah, that was crazy, wasn't it? How you've been since then? Yeah, so anyway..." Continuity, please.

Rogue One: Disney's attempt at fixing the whole "there's only white guys in space" thing. They successfully turned Star Wars into the United Nations. Why? Because. Oh, and look... another lead female in the role. Because girls count too. How adorable. Stop it, Kennedy.

Boba Fett: A huge pile of garbage, with a backstory that didn't make sense. He couldn't have been in the pit for all that long (did they ever address the timeline? I can't remember). He came out old, scarred, bald, and fat. That pit must have been more magical than Jabba knew, I guess. Kids on bikes? Why, though? At least when Lucas invented the speeder bikes, it was to sell toys. But overall, the series was useless. Keep the character a mystery, or cast someone with the same body type and tell a bounty hunter story about a guy in costume. Oh, right. The Mandalorian. Hit the bricks, Fett.

Overall I haven't liked much of what Disney has been trying to put together. It has been fan service for the sake of fan service, with some of the weakest and nonsensical storytelling since the fourth Indiana Jones film.

Take Rose out of the films and you lose absolutely nothing in the storyline There again, she was put in there for one simple reason. Just one.

The sequel trilogy should have been based upon the first set of novels that came out in the 1990s by Timothy Zahn with Mara Jade, Grand Admiral Thrawn, etc. Heir to the Empire, Dark Force Rising, and The Last Command. I bought those in hardcover and still have them. The second set of two books by Timothy Zahn were just ok, lol. I have those in softcover.

Of course, that would have either required de-aging Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, and Harrison Ford a lot...or they could potentially have cast a new set of actors to portray them.

It's the same thing with the Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser Hotel in WDW. If they had based it on the original trilogy of movies, where those with nostalgia and money would have been able to afford it, then I think it wouldn't have lost as much money as it did.

The sequel trilogy should have been based upon the first set of novels that came out in the 1990s by Timothy Zahn with Mara Jade, Grand Admiral Thrawn, etc. Heir to the Empire, Dark Force Rising, and The Last Command. I bought those in hardcover and still have them. The second set of two books by Timothy Zahn were just ok, lol. I have those in softcover.

Of course, that would have either required de-aging Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, and Harrison Ford a lot...or they could potentially have cast a new set of actors to portray them.

It's the same thing with the Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser Hotel in WDW. If they had based it on the original trilogy of movies, where those with nostalgia and money would have been able to afford it, then I think it wouldn't have lost as much money as it did.
It's all just silly nonsense at this point. "We had to set it afterwards because Darth Vader is dead, so we created a neutral land and set it afterwards..." Because folks would rather meet Kylo than Vader, I'm sure.

The Zahn Trilogy should have only been the sequels if they had made them in 1993. They didn't so they kind of had to move on from that. Personally, I'm happy with what we got. It's good in it's own way. The real issue is that so many fans only want what they got when they were 8 years old, but Star Wars has always been for 8 year olds - it's just now it's for the 8 year olds of today. The same was true of the prequels and why so many OT fans hated them. new generations get ethir own version - that's fine.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter