Makin' Memories... A PTR for a 2022 Thanksgiving Trip. (hopefully)

Hello Everyone!!! Happy Sunday!!!

Gwen and I are binging the new Animal Crossing game today while Andy and Morgan are going to see the Eternals. And I am putting off figuring out groceries and doing laundry at the moment.

It has been a busy last couple days! I managed to get Gwen an appointment to get her vaccine next Friday! YEAH!!! It will be great to get that process going. Man it was stressful to get that set up! Thankfully our school is doing an optional drive which made it much easier. I said that all of my Disney planning helped! I just kept checking and checking for when they would post the sign up and got in before they sent the email out to the masses!

And now... I can start REALLY planning! Time to start looking for shirts and other goodies. Just in time to also Christmas shop!

So, Day 1, our First full day will be Magic Kingdom.

We usually start with Magic Kingdom and I am sure we will want to go there first for sure.

It is a Saturday and Touring Plans has an estimated park hours of 9:00 AM - 10:00 PM with early entry of 8:30 for hotel guests.

Which I have been seeing that they have been letting people in a half hour earlier than that. So, potentionally we want to be there by 8:00. I am hoping we can get there even a little before that so we can try and knock out the 2 "Fancy Rides TM" (as Molly calls them).

We would probably hit Space Mountain first, and then hopefully go get in line for 7DMT. If we can at least be in line for 7DMT before everyone else is let in, that would be a win.

I am thinking we will do Lightening Lane+ for today. I know we will be itching to ride everything. Plus Touring Plans has the crowd level set as 7 for the day. Which is pretty high. Between those 2 items, I think it makes sense to purchase for the day. When we get to the middle of the the week we can go without.

I am thinking Skipper Canteen for our sit down meal for the day. I am torn as to when to make the reservation. I keep going back and forth on whether to make it for lunch or for dinner. I was thinking if we do lunch, it will force us to get into some air conditioning and rest a bit. I could even do a late lunch, when waits start to get long? Or do I do an early dinner and just let us go crazy all day and keep things open.

Other than that, I don't have any plans. I was thinking of trying to squeeze in a visit to Trader Sam's but I think I will save that for later in the trip or even the Spring Break trip. I also want to keep this day fairly open so we can really do whatever we feel like doing. No park hoping or anything like that just yet.

I don't expect us to stay all the way to 10. But maybe if we are getting on rides well with Lightening Lane+ and I figure out the best time for us to rest and eat we can at least stay for a good amount of time.

It has been a busy last couple days! I managed to get Gwen an appointment to get her vaccine next Friday! YEAH!!! It will be great to get that process going. Man it was stressful to get that set up!

That is so amazing!! I'm so happy the US is getting going on this...hopefully Canada will get on it soon too before the holiday season.

Your trip plans look amazing. I will be interested to see how the lightening lane stuff works out and how hard it is to make the right choice on when to use it!

Hello Everyone!!! Happy Sunday!!!

Gwen and I are binging the new Animal Crossing game today while Andy and Morgan are going to see the Eternals. And I am putting off figuring out groceries and doing laundry at the moment.

It has been a busy last couple days! I managed to get Gwen an appointment to get her vaccine next Friday! YEAH!!! It will be great to get that process going. Man it was stressful to get that set up! Thankfully our school is doing an optional drive which made it much easier. I said that all of my Disney planning helped! I just kept checking and checking for when they would post the sign up and got in before they sent the email out to the masses!

And now... I can start REALLY planning! Time to start looking for shirts and other goodies. Just in time to also Christmas shop!

So, Day 1, our First full day will be Magic Kingdom.

We usually start with Magic Kingdom and I am sure we will want to go there first for sure.

It is a Saturday and Touring Plans has an estimated park hours of 9:00 AM - 10:00 PM with early entry of 8:30 for hotel guests.

Which I have been seeing that they have been letting people in a half hour earlier than that. So, potentionally we want to be there by 8:00. I am hoping we can get there even a little before that so we can try and knock out the 2 "Fancy Rides TM" (as Molly calls them).

We would probably hit Space Mountain first, and then hopefully go get in line for 7DMT. If we can at least be in line for 7DMT before everyone else is let in, that would be a win.

I am thinking we will do Lightening Lane+ for today. I know we will be itching to ride everything. Plus Touring Plans has the crowd level set as 7 for the day. Which is pretty high. Between those 2 items, I think it makes sense to purchase for the day. When we get to the middle of the the week we can go without.

I am thinking Skipper Canteen for our sit down meal for the day. I am torn as to when to make the reservation. I keep going back and forth on whether to make it for lunch or for dinner. I was thinking if we do lunch, it will force us to get into some air conditioning and rest a bit. I could even do a late lunch, when waits start to get long? Or do I do an early dinner and just let us go crazy all day and keep things open.

Other than that, I don't have any plans. I was thinking of trying to squeeze in a visit to Trader Sam's but I think I will save that for later in the trip or even the Spring Break trip. I also want to keep this day fairly open so we can really do whatever we feel like doing. No park hoping or anything like that just yet.

I don't expect us to stay all the way to 10. But maybe if we are getting on rides well with Lightening Lane+ and I figure out the best time for us to rest and eat we can at least stay for a good amount of time.
Your first day plans sound fun! I’m interested in seeing how these LL go too. I’m planning on using them for my trip later this month. We only have three park days so figure it will be worth it. Also just my daughter and I on this trip so not as $$.
My daughter has her first Covid vaccine on Friday too. I told her she gets a special treat for each shot since she hates them. 🤣 A little bribery can’t hurt!!
Have a great Sunday.

That is so amazing!! I'm so happy the US is getting going on this...hopefully Canada will get on it soon too before the holiday season.
Fingers Crossed for you guys!

Your trip plans look amazing. I will be interested to see how the lightening lane stuff works out and how hard it is to make the right choice on when to use it!
I am intrested to see how it works too! Especially as things get more and more busy. I am slowly hearing about which rides go fastest, like Skinky Dog and Milenium Falcon. I think those are the things that will make the cost feel really worth it.

My daughter has her first Covid vaccine on Friday too. I told her she gets a special treat for each shot since she hates them. 🤣 A little bribery can’t hurt!!
Yeah to her first shot!!! Anything to get it done! For sure.

Good to know!!! I do want to try them. Some family members are less excitied about this than me... but I feel like they will get it once we try them.
We all loved them, but I know others who didn't care for them. We found going early is the key to getting them without a crazy wait

I managed to get Gwen an appointment to get her vaccine next Friday! YEAH!!! It will be great to get that process going. Man it was stressful to get that set up! Thankfully our school is doing an optional drive which made it much easier. I said that all of my Disney planning helped! I just kept checking and checking for when they would post the sign up and got in before they sent the email out to the masses!
So happy for her!!!!!! Hope she handled it well

I'll be your official test dummy next month. Think we are going to try it in MK and MGM one day to see how it goes. Also plan on buying Ratatouille so we can ride

Other than that, I don't have any plans. I was thinking of trying to squeeze in a visit to Trader Sam's but I think I will save that for later in the trip or even the Spring Break trip
Did they open back up? Must have missed that

I managed to get Gwen an appointment to get her vaccine next Friday! YEAH!!!

Yay!!!! This is such exciting news! I am so happy you're able to finally get this ball rolling and can now, without hesitation, say you're going back to WDW!

I am thinking we will do Lightening Lane+ for today.

This makes sense. You all will be fresh and dying to ride as many MK attractions as you can. Plus, if it's going to be crowded, you really don't want to waste all your time in lines, feeling frustrated. Gotta make that first day of a trip and first day back at MK worth it!

Gwen and I are binging the new Animal Crossing game today while Andy and Morgan are going to see the Eternals

We saw Eternals on Friday night and like it. Did Andy and Morgan like it?

! I managed to get Gwen an appointment to get her vaccine next Friday! YEAH!!

Celebrating with you!!!

I am thinking we will do Lightening Lane+ for today. I

I plan on using Genie + for our MK day too but not paying for the Fancy Rides.

I am thinking Skipper Canteen for our sit down meal for the day.

Love this meal. So far I've only done it for lunch but really enjoyed the break.

Did they open back up? Must have missed that
They did. All the vloggers went on the first day and were all crammed in. It was a little ridiculous that Disney allowed them all to be in that small room, knowing that they would be posting videos about it. But I watched a different vlogger who went later, and it wasn't that bad.

I'll be your official test dummy next month. Think we are going to try it in MK and MGM one day to see how it goes. Also plan on buying Ratatouille so we can ride
We were saying maybe we would do Ratatoullie and Mickey's Runaway Railway since we haven't done either yet.

This makes sense. You all will be fresh and dying to ride as many MK attractions as you can. Plus, if it's going to be crowded, you really don't want to waste all your time in lines, feeling frustrated. Gotta make that first day of a trip and first day back at MK worth it!
I am also thinking that will let us take things slower the next time we are in Magic Kingdom, as well.

We saw Eternals on Friday night and like it. Did Andy and Morgan like it?
Morgan LOVED It! Andy liked it and enjoyed it. But Morgan was a big fan of it. What about you guys?

I plan on using Genie + for our MK day too but not paying for the Fancy Rides.
Mostly I think we will stay away from the Fancy Rides. Maybe the 2 that will be new to us (Ratatouille and Runaway Railway) But even then, I am hoping we can avoid it.

Love this meal. So far I've only done it for lunch but really enjoyed the break.
I think it's the same at lunch and dinner. It is def our favorite in MK.

51676189920_14141f593e_z.jpg
Yaaaaaaaaay, Gwen!!!!! :) She is rocking her button!

Just found your report and loving all your plans. So glad your daughter got her vaccination-definitely eases the stress levels knowing our kids are protected somewhat. She looks very happy with her badge. Looking forward to reading more :goodvibes

Morgan LOVED It! Andy liked it and enjoyed it. But Morgan was a big fan of it. What about you guys?

We liked it, but it was different from the other Marvel movies.

Mostly I think we will stay away from the Fancy Rides. Maybe the 2 that will be new to us (Ratatouille and Runaway Railway) But even then, I am hoping we can avoid it.

I think we'll pay for ROTR and Remy but that's it.

Congrats to Gwen! How did she do afterwards?

I am caught up now, yay to Gwen getting her 1st vaccine!
I love how Molly explains Ill’s so much better calling them Fancy rides!
We hope to fiddle faddle Genie+ a couple times in December and buy a couple fancy rides (Rise and Remy)

I am beginning to think I am the only person on the planet that doesn't like Skipper Canteen. I'm not sure why but I just didn't enjoy our meal there.

Yaaaaaaaaay, Gwen!!!!! :) She is rocking her button!
Thanks for the idea to order one! She was amazed that I got a "Disney" button.

Go Gwen! My DD got hers on Friday as well. Hoping they wake up feeling good today.
How did she feel the day after? Gwen was fine. But we all had no side effects for whatever reason.

Just found your report and loving all your plans. So glad your daughter got her vaccination-definitely eases the stress levels knowing our kids are protected somewhat. She looks very happy with her badge. Looking forward to reading more :goodvibes
Glad you are here!!! She was very happy to get her first shot! More to come, promise!

Congrats to Gwen! How did she do afterwards?
She did fine. We all didn't have any side effects! thankfully.

I love how Molly explains Ill’s so much better calling them Fancy rides!
Fancy Ride TM! Don't forget the TM. ;)

I am beginning to think I am the only person on the planet that doesn't like Skipper Canteen. I'm not sure why but I just didn't enjoy our meal there.
It's ok! You are allowed to not like it. I think there are a lot of folks that don't like that type of food. What did you get that you didn't like? I do think the apps are better than the main courses.

Thanks for the idea to order one! She was amazed that I got a "Disney" button.

How did she feel the day after? Gwen was fine. But we all had no side effects for whatever reason.

Glad you are here!!! She was very happy to get her first shot! More to come, promise!

She did fine. We all didn't have any side effects! thankfully.

Fancy Ride TM! Don't forget the TM. ;)

It's ok! You are allowed to not like it. I think there are a lot of folks that don't like that type of food. What did you get that you didn't like? I do think the apps are better than the main courses.
My daughter's appetite was a little off the day after the shot but overall not bad at all! I think she was a little tired too.

We leave on Friday for our Mommy/Daughter trip!! I am so excited.

Happy Sunday!!!

We had a filled weekend of getting ready for the holidays and getting some Christmas decorations set up outside. The weather was fairly mild here this weekend, so it was nice to hang lights and not freeze to death!

I have been busy trying to get things ready for the holidays. I have an advent calendar for the girls that is a HUGE pain to fill now that they are older and I can't put toys in them. But they love it and I remind myself that one day they won't want to do these things. And speaking of which... I finally figured out my "schedule" for the elf on the shelf. And started to pick up some of the props that I need. This also sounds crazy to do, but it literally keeps me sane for the month of December. I just check the schedule, set up and go to bed. ha.

Anyway,
I am at 75 days!!!! How did that happen!?!?! Now I feel like I am behind on my planning! I have 15 days to figure out what I want for dinning reservations!

So, I am here to talk out my Day 2 plans.

Day 2 is going to be Hollywood Studios and I think we will have a similar plan, get up early and use early park entry to hopefully ride Rise of Resistance.

Hollywood Studios is listed as a 7 today, so i am thinking we might do Lightening Lane again today. Pretty much for the same reasons as Magic Kingdom day. And we may buy the "Fancy Ride tm" for Runaway Railway depending on wait. But I am hoping we can just wait for that one.

My hit list for food today is:

• Woody's Lunchbox for some breakfast tots! Love those!
  • Ronto Wraps for Lunch
  • I will probably want / need to make an Oga's reservation. Maybe not today but later in the week.

Dinner is hopefully going to be
Homecomin'. This has kind of become a tradition to go here on Hollywood Studios day. I am thinking either 5 or 6. We aren't late dinner eaters normally.

Originally I thought this was Super Bowl Night but turns out it is next weekend. I had thought we would head back to the hotel, so Andy could watch the game but that won't be the case. We can decided if we want to head back to the hotel or the park.

Day 3 is EPCOT Day. And I am thinking we can sleep in and not rush into the park today. After 2 early mornings, I figure it will be much needed.
Plus today "should" be the Extended Evening Hours for deluxe guests for EPCOT. So, I am thinking we can go in late morning do stuff, go back to the room and rest and come back for some evening fun.

I am sure we will want to ride stuff but I think we can save some of the ride for EEH. I will try for a boarding group for Remy in the morning. But I think the Goal / Plan for today will be to eat our way around the world! And enjoy Festival of the Arts stuff.

I wasn't thinking of any real reservation today, if we eat around the world, we won't need a sit down meal. I am looking forward to see what the Festival of Arts food options will be. But the one day the girls about trying something in each country, which would be intresting for Gwen to try. So, that is the goal!

And I was thinking we could try and watch Harmonious this day. I think we could probably go back to the room and rest for a bit and come back in time to watch Harmonious and then do Extended Hours! It sounds like EPCOT has pretty low waits during it, so hopefully that will be the case.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter