Makin' Memories... A PTR for a 2022 Thanksgiving Trip. (hopefully)

Guys! I am running out of time!!! I am low key panicking! We have 65 days!!! Or 5 days till I can make dinning reservations!

So, I literally JUST saw on instagram that Space 220 Lounge can now be booked like a regular dinning reservation! I might have to try for that one day! Not sure if I should do it on our eat around the world day or later in the week? Probably easier to get later in the week.

Day 7: Hollywood Studios

Today Touring Plan has the crowd level as a 4, so I am hoping it feels lighter than our first visit. And we won't need Lightening Lane. But if I am being honest, I wonder if we will want to do it just because we are used to having Fastpass?

I am honestly not sure what the plan will be for the day. Maybe we will get up and try for getting on Rise in the AM? But we will have been out late the night before, so maybe we don't rush this day? I think at this point either will be fine.

I need to talk to Andy about it, but I think we might skip Oga's this trip. I am not sure we are ready to be sharing a table with strangers indoors quiet yet. We have gone a bunch of times already and it will be there for future trips.

I am thinking we head to Disney Springs for dinner? We love Polite Pig and will probably want to go again.

Day 8: Magic Kingdom

This will be our last full MK day. Or at least possibly our last full day. By this point, I plan less and less on what we are going to do.

I am thinking of getting a lunch reservation at Steakhouse 71. I think we will really enjoy it! The burger and the grilled cheese both sound amazing. I hope it can be a nice break from the park. Gwen also wants to find the 5 legged goat at the Contemporary. So, we can do both!

I figure we can decide if we want to go back to MK after lunch or maybe hop over to EPCOT to do any more Festival of Arts stuff that we may have missed from our full day.

Day 9: Magic Kingdom / EPCOT

Today I think will probably be the greatest hits day at MK. We usually try and hit 2 requests of each person on our last MK day. I might fork over the $$$ again to do Lightening Lane depending on how the begining of the trip went.

I assume we won't spend the entire day at the park today and want to head back and relax some, maybe swim.... But I think I am going to make our dinner reservation for Le Cellier this night. We loved our first visit here and I want to try the Artisan Cheese and Charcuterie Plate with the beef fat candle! Has anyone heard / seen this? I also dream of the Poutine. It was so good! And is something that we can't get around here. Well, Jersey does have something called Disco Fries but they are more like gravy on fries. NOT the same!

We can head into EPCOT late afternoon and have a nice dinner, shop a little and maybe ride a ride. (if we invest in LL for the day, we can probably grab a few LLs, which using it at 2 parks makes it feel more like a value)

I am also thinking maybe we try Le Creperie for lunch this day? Or even a late snack? I don't think we will do the sit down version, just because we won't have enough time this trip. Which is crazy to think, it's a long trip.

Day 10: Hollywood Studios

This will be our travel day back home. Always the saddest day... I booked HS since it's a walk or boat ride away from the hotel. I get a little stressed coming back from MK to our hotel to make it in time to get to the airport. This is just easier.

Not sure if I will make any dinning reservation for the day. I tend not to, as we usually have things we want to cram in and a sit down meal sometimes feel like we are wasting time on the last day.

Maybe we will buy Lightening Lane again today, just so we can cram in as much as humanly possible before we have to leave. But we will see.

Possible Lightening Lane Days:
Day 1:
Magic Kingdom
Day 2: Hollywood Studios
Day 8: Magic Kingdom / EPCOT
Day 9: Hollywood Studios

Restaurant Run Down:
Friday Day 1:
Morimoto Asia - Dinner 6:00-ish
Saturday Day 2: Skipper Canteen - Still not sure if we should do lunch or dinner!
Sunday Day 3: Homecomin' - Dinner 5:00 PM
Monday Day 4: Eating around the world - maybe Space 220 Lounge?
Tuesday, Day 5: Tiffins - 5:00 PM
Wednesday, Day 6: Sanaa - Early Dinner 4:00 PM
Thursday, Day 7: Polite Pig
Friday, Day 8: Steakhouse 71 - Lunch 1:00-ish
Saturday, Day 9: Le Cellier Steakhouse - Dinner 6:00-ish
Sunday, Day 10: no reservations?

As a side note, restaurants that I am pushing to the April Spring Break trip:

• BOMA
  • Hoop Dee Doo Review
  • Artist Point
  • Frontier Cantera
  • Trader Sam's
I need to go over the list with Andy before Monday to make reservations. I kind of can't believe we are getting this close!!!

Random Thoughts that I am mulling over:

• I kind of want to book a dessert party for MK literally just so we can see the new fireworks and not worry about crowds. But I also don't feel like we need to do one.
  • I feel like we won't get enough out of our park hoppers but Andy wanted to have the flexibiltiy. So, I guess it is what it is. It also feels weird not having it after having Annual Passes.
Genie + was ok for our trip in November. I think you will have better luck with it during a less busy time. We were there the weekend before Thanksgiving, so a bit more busy. I personally like the fast pass system better because then you can make dining reservations around your fast pass schedule. I found it more difficult with the unknown of when we would choose our genie top choices.
I did like the individual fancy lightening lanes though. We were able to secure the times we wanted for the rides we wanted and it wasn't as stressful. We paid for Rise, Mickey and Minnie, and Seven Dwarves.
Nevertheless, I will probably use genie again if we go during a less busy time though!

When you mentioned that your April trip is close to your husband’s 50th birthday, it suddenly hit me that my husband’s 50th birthday is 2 days before we leave for our April trip! I feel like a terrible wife because that didn’t even occur to me before! I have no idea what to do for him. He says he doesn’t like Disney and only goes because our girls like it so I doubt it’s where he would choose to celebrate his birthday. I picked the week because that is the girls’ spring break and my oldest is in high school now so I hate to take her out now.
Hmm... I mean there is so much "non-disney" stuff as well. What does he like? You could do something off property? The April trip, we talked about going to Kennedy Space Center or a day trip to the beach... Or even just a restaurant that you know he would like?

I hear you on the high school thing! Morgan will be there next year, and I am not sure what we will do!

Just found this! I’ve read all of your trip reports and really enjoyed them. Hope you can get all the reservations you want in a few days! I know you’re excited for the trip. We are going in April also and it will be our first trip back since the pandemic started.
Welcome by the way!!!! Glad you are here!!! As we get closer, I am getting a littler nervous about how it will be different but I am hoping we will just find new fun!

Genie + was ok for our trip in November. I think you will have better luck with it during a less busy time. We were there the weekend before Thanksgiving, so a bit more busy. I personally like the fast pass system better because then you can make dining reservations around your fast pass schedule. I found it more difficult with the unknown of when we would choose our genie top choices.
I did like the individual fancy lightening lanes though. We were able to secure the times we wanted for the rides we wanted and it wasn't as stressful. We paid for Rise, Mickey and Minnie, and Seven Dwarves.
Nevertheless, I will probably use genie again if we go during a less busy time though!
Interesting!!! See right now, not having used it, I feel like the busier time is when I would want to use it. Everyone will like certain things better. And I guess that is the beauty of it. You can buy one or the other or not at all.

Hmm... I mean there is so much "non-disney" stuff as well. What does he like? You could do something off property? The April trip, we talked about going to Kennedy Space Center or a day trip to the beach... Or even just a restaurant that you know he would like?

I hear you on the high school thing! Morgan will be there next year, and I am not sure what we will do!

Welcome by the way!!!! Glad you are here!!! As we get closer, I am getting a littler nervous about how it will be different but I am hoping we will just find new fun!

Interesting!!! See right now, not having used it, I feel like the busier time is when I would want to use it. Everyone will like certain things better. And I guess that is the beauty of it. You can buy one or the other or not at all.
We were able to get 3-4 a day but that was leaving the parks around 4-5 each day. I was also bummed because I had a plan and then Slinky Dog was glitching and it threw off the whole plan for the day. I think I would have liked it better if there were zero glitches!! Magic Kingdom was more successful!! Also it would be good if you are planning on going back at night or even going in later, to have a bunch stacked.
With all this being said, we didn't stand in many long standby lines this trip. We focused on using our genie pass, fancy rides, and then looking for shorter waits.
I'm trying to figure out when I want to go next!! Trying to convince my husband to go along next time. Thinking maybe early November for a little less crowds or the first week in June to avoid taking kiddos out of school.

I'll have to think about it, but I'm sure we can find something special to do for him. We are planning an adults only trip to Mexico next year also (belated 20th anniversary trip as our 20th was in 2020 so the trip was cancelled) so maybe that can be an anniversary/birthday celebration.

I think you should be able to do a lot at Universal with 2 days. We've only been there once. We went over to Universal for one day during our January 2015 trip (didn't stay at Universal; just took an Uber from Disney that day). We didn't get the express pass because it wasn't busy that day and we were able to do a lot of the rides in both parks in just one day. We did skip all the water rides as it was pretty cool that day. The only thing I really wanted to do that we didn't get to was Mummy and that was just because it started raining really hard that afternoon. We tried to wait it out, but it was really bad so we gave up and left around 4. This year we are planning to start with Universal and stay on property for 2 nights before going over to Disney for the rest of the week. I was going to stay at Portofino Bay until I watched Molly from All ears do a vlog about Hard Rock and now I'm thinking we will stay there instead. Is that the one you decided on too?

We were able to get 3-4 a day but that was leaving the parks around 4-5 each day.
3 & 4 doesn't seem like enough to feel like you got your moneys worth. But I think it depends on the day, I think...

I think I would have liked it better if there were zero glitches!!
Well, we all know how well Disney IT is!

I'll have to think about it, but I'm sure we can find something special to do for him. We are planning an adults only trip to Mexico next year also (belated 20th anniversary trip as our 20th was in 2020 so the trip was cancelled) so maybe that can be an anniversary/birthday celebration.
A trip to Mexica is also good!

I watched Molly from All ears do a vlog about Hard Rock and now I'm thinking we will stay there instead. Is that the one you decided on too?
It is. A friend of mine said Hard Rock is physically the closest to the park. So, that won me over!

I like your plans and hope you get your dining reservations with ease My boys love le Cellier, the youngest one for the pretzel bread. Possibly the most expensive bread ever!:rotfl: I’ve always enjoyed our meals there .QUOTE="StarWarsMomofGirls!, post: 63576669, member: 564656"]
Jersey does have something called Disco Fries but they are more like gravy on fries.
[/QUOTE]
We call those “gravy chips” because we’re just full of imaginative ways to describe things here:rotfl: You can also get curry chips with, you’ve guessed it, curry sauce.😋
Your trip is really approaching quickly. Good news that you can book Space 220 lounge now and avoid having to pay crazy prices for a dinner that picky eaters will not eat. Fingers crossed for your adr day 🤞

Happy Saturday!

I hope everyone is doing well. Gwen got her second shot yesterday! And she is feel fine so far. She did fine last time as well. So, fingers crossed she stays that way.

I showed Andy my plan and he said.... "I think it looks good" So, I guess that is good. I mean I added the restaurants that he requested so ... why wouldn't he! ha!

Any rate, we both agreed to skip Oga's this trip . So, I won't be trying for that.

I am still undecided on the Friday Extra Magic Hours the day we arrive. I am so torn. I love the idea of getting to do a night visit our first day but the hours are 8:00 - 10:00 PM. And that will make for a late night, as we won't get home till 11 at least. And that is just setting us up to be tired the next day. So, I feel like the smart move is to stick with going to Disney Springs and have a nice relaxing evening.

They actually added real park hours and a few more dates for Extra Magic Hours so, I have confirmed for our whole trip.

Granted the park hour right now have early close times. Which is always a love hate thing for me. With going in Februrary, they always start out with early close times. And as they figure out more people will be there the later they will push close time out. So, I can always gage how busy it will be based on how late they push the times out.

But back to the Extra Magic hours... They have a Friday one, the day we arrive but that is literally the only Friday one. It is almost strange... why are they doing only this one Friday night?

That is really all I have at the moment. Which me luck on Monday! I am super nervious about the website failling me but it will be what it will be! I think the only really HOT one I am trying to get is Space 220 Lounge. And honestly if I dont' get one, it will be ok.

Glad Gwen did well with her 2nd shot! My 9yr old is getting her 2nd one today. I am so happy she with be fully vaccinated soon!

Good luck Monday! I hope you get everything you want. I know I still have some time, but I’ve been trying to decide on our ADRs for our April trip. I think we are going to try to do Space 220 and Topolino’s breakfast which I think are both pretty hard to get. I understand why you don’t want to do the regular dinner there, but the girls and I watched some vlogs and they both really want to try it. My 14 yr old has always been an adventurous eater. My 9yr old is a little pickier, but she loves salmon and they have salmon on the kids menu. I think we might try Oga’s too if I can get a reservation. We haven’t been there (haven’t even seen star wars land yet). We’re not huge Star Wars fans (my husband and I have seen all the movies)c but I think it would be fun to try it.

Somehow, I just found this and read it all :)
Good luck on Monday! We will be there around the same time (Jan 31-Feb. 13). I made our ADR's on Thursday. Got mostly what we wanted and have moved things around since then ;)
I also have Touring Plans but didn't realize they had a Podcast until I read one of your posts on here. I just went on and subscribed.

GOOD LUCK!! I'm sure you're already done getting all your reservations by now. I hope it all went smoothly and you got everything you wanted, especially 220!! Can't wait to hear how it went.

I understand the arrival day struggle. We've done the early flights and hitting MK on arrival day but we've always ended up exhausted the next 1-2 days. Last trip day 2 got ugly with our exhaustion. Next trip we plan on doing a mid morning flight instead of our usual 6 am and make it a non park day. The plan is to try out DS. We haven't been in about 14 years and DD16 is looking forward to checking it out. I still get tempted to add a park day and go see Harmonious. But then I tell myself how tired we will be. So far I've stopped myself from adding that park day.

I can't wait to hear what ADRs you ended up booking!

Hello Everyone!

I was successful this morning! It was a busy morning for us!

It was also St. Nicholas night, so, we had stuff to check out in the morning plus the usual Elf antics and advent calenders to check out. So, at 5:55 AM we had done all of that already and I was getting the girls some breakfast and trying to move as fast as possible to start at the 6:00 window.

I was only worried about possibly getting Space 220 reservation. I figured the rest wouldn't be so DIRE... So, I tried on my phone at first and that wasn't working. So, i gave up and just finished breakfast, made my coffee and headed to the attic to hid and make reservations. (I work in the attic everyday, so not as creapy as it sounds)

But once I sat down and got moving, I was able to get pretty much everything we needed!

I ended up grabbing a Space 220 Dinner reservation. Completely the opposite of what I said I was going to do... BUT i have some logic:

1. Gwen keeps talking about the restaurant. And just on Sunday made her Animal Crossing restaurant (a video game) Into a space themed restaurant "just like Space 220". She just REALLY wants to go.
  2. I had to get a reservation later in the trip for availabilty reasons, not suprisingly. And dinner just worked better. We can go to a different park in the morning and then hop to EPCOT later.
  3. The lounge didn't have any reservation slots loaded in yet. So, I can still try and change to a lounge reservation later possibly.
  4. I figured it was better to get a reservation and cancel than not get one and hope to get one later.
  5. I also look at similar to Cinderella's Royal Table. It's a place that we will probably do once. So, why not?

So, what did I get?

Friday: I ended up making 2 reservations for Morimoto Asia. One for 4:45 and one at 6:00. I was kind of flip flopping on time. I was thinking 4:45 for IF we wanted to try and do the EEH. Or if we are really hungry when we get there.

Saturday: I did the same for Skipper Canteen and made a lunch and a dinner reservation since I hadn't decided which was better for us just yet.

Sunday: I actually commited to a time for this day. Ha! Homecomin's at 5:00

Monday: no reservation since we will Eat Around the World (also couldn't get Space 220 for this day)

Tuesday: Tiffins at 5:05. I am hoping we can get finish dinner and get in line for FoP before the park closes, which they posted official times and it's 7:00 PM! Eek! I guess at least we should be able to see the beakon of lights on the way out? maybe?

Wednesday: This day threw me for a loop a little, I grabbed 2 Sanaa times, since 4:00 wasn't an option. 5:00 is the start of dinner and I guess lunch is over at 3:00. So, I grabbed a 2:55 & a 5:00 time slot. I am thinking we will go with the 2:55, as 5 will be cutting itclose if we want to see fireworks at Magic Kingdom before EEH.

Thursday: Today is to be our Polite Pig night, but I went ahead and grabbed a 2nd Homecomin' reservation just in case we have to drop Sundays reservation for say getting on Rise or something. Or maybe we will just want to go twice! Who knows!

Friday: Today I ended up with 2 reservations. First Steakhouse 71 for lunch at 1:00. I figure that will be enough time to get stuff done in MK and head over. And then, this is the day I ended up adding Space 220 dinner reservation @ 6:00. It really was the only day later in the trip that would work, so I grabbed it. I am not sure how I feel about 2 sit down meals in one day, so we will see.

Saturday: Today, was Le Cellier and I grabbed a 5:55 dinner reservation. This will be a nice end to the trip. I know we have one more day after, but this will be the last full day. And a nice way to end the trip, hopefully.

Sunday: I ended up grabbing a Sci-Fi Drive Inn reservation this day for lunch @ 12:10. I wasn't going to do a reservation this day but I thought it might be good to have at least one full meal before we travel back.

So overall, a successful morning!

One last thing, it's been awhile since I have done reservations, and now the reservation window is a pop up. Sooooo, when I started making reservations in Chrome it wasn't working. But once I switched to Safari it worked fine. So, if you are having issues, make sure you don't have pop ups blocked and possibly try a different browser.

My 9yr old is getting her 2nd one today.
How did they do? I hope ok.

I think we are going to try to do Space 220 and Topolino’s breakfast which I think are both pretty hard to get.
I kind of forgot abotu Topolinos! I might need to add that as a possiblity for our Spring Break trip! I didn't have too hard of a time with Space 220, it just needed to be towards the end of the trip.

I think we might try Oga’s too if I can get a reservation.
I feel like everyone should go to Oga's at least once. It is lots of fun! It's not for everyone but the theming is great in there.

Somehow, I just found this and read it all :)
I am glad you found me!!!!

We will be there around the same time (Jan 31-Feb. 13). I made our ADR's on Thursday. Got mostly what we wanted and have moved things around since then ;)
It's the best time to go to Disney! Glad you got mostly what you wanted!

I also have Touring Plans but didn't realize they had a Podcast until I read one of your posts on here. I just went on and subscribed.
I love listening to it! It's great. Sometimes I don't listen to the second half which is usually a history story. It just depends on what the topic is.

Sloane got her 2nd on Saturday too and no issues!!
YEAH!!!!

GOOD LUCK!! I'm sure you're already done getting all your reservations by now. I hope it all went smoothly and you got everything you wanted, especially 220!! Can't wait to hear how it went.
Thanks!!! I really didn't have too many issues. Not sure if that is a sign of how busy it will be or not?

I understand the arrival day struggle. We've done the early flights and hitting MK on arrival day but we've always ended up exhausted the next 1-2 days. Last trip day 2 got ugly with our exhaustion. Next trip we plan on doing a mid morning flight instead of our usual 6 am and make it a non park day
I have to keep telling myself this!!!! I know it will be better to just take it easy and do Disney Springs. I literally have to keep reminding myself this is the better plan. i think we will stick with it. I just keep repeating it to myself.

My daughter did great with her 2nd vaccine on Saturday. She did say she had a headache Sunday (which she also complained about after the 1st shot), but other than that she was fine.

Also, thanks for the tips on booking ADR's. I haven't done that since our June 2019 trip, so it's been a while for me too. So you can book them at 6am eastern time? For some reason I thought it was 7am so that's good to know. Of course, I'm on central time so I guess I'll be getting up before 5am on the day I can book mine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter