Make Your Own Magic! January 2022 Exercise Thread

Big ups to lfcfan and BonnieF who both have reached Blossom Blue, and with the latest influx of minutes, the team has reached Original Orange!
Also, welcome to lfcfan! :welcome:Thanks for joining us!

Today, I found an adorable craft that could easily be adjusted to fit any color theme or season. I think it would be a great decoration for a party or shower too!

You can find the instructions for this adorable Mickey Mouse Garland here! All it takes is some pom poms, ribbon, and hot glue!

Okay new here, and trying to understand how this works.

At this point of the month I'm at 86,256 steps, and 10 days of 30+ minutes of exercise.

So.... how does this all translate? LOL

At this point of the month I'm at 86,256 steps, and 10 days of 30+ minutes of exercise.

When I want to turn steps into minutes, I convert the steps to miles and then just use my average walking speed (normally a 20 minute mile for me) to turn the miles into minutes. I use this method a lot for Disney trips. Otherwise, at home, I tend to just count active minutes and not worry about the step count. Not saying my way is the correct way. Just giving one example of how you could figure out your active minute total if you have not tracked the time spent walking.

Also, welcome!

Big ups to lfcfan and BonnieF who both have reached Blossom Blue, and with the latest influx of minutes, the team has reached Original Orange!
Also, welcome to lfcfan! :welcome:Thanks for joining us!

View attachment 638776
Today, I found an adorable craft that could easily be adjusted to fit any color theme or season. I think it would be a great decoration for a party or shower too!

You can find the instructions for this adorable Mickey Mouse Garland here! All it takes is some pom poms, ribbon, and hot glue!

I wish I had the time and supplies on hand to make this right now to take with us on our trip! Such an adorable garland!

OMG. I have no minutes to report for today, but I want to talk about the heaven in a cup that is a citrus swirl. First off, there are actually two on the menu. You want the original citrus swirl - the 1971 recipe, which is frozen OJ on one side and vanilla soft serve on the other. Not the current new style 'creamsicle' orange-ish soft serve and vanilla soft serve. Without the tart of the orange juice, the creamy vanilla gets lost. Tragically, when I was last in the World (8/21) they said they no longer served the original due to supply issues. It was still on the menu, so I hope it'll be back some day. 😍 the Citrus Swirl!

Oh and fun fact - you can't get them in any other park than the Magic Kingdom at Disney World. They tied into the Orange Bird and the citrus growers of Florida back in the day.
Thanks for this info. I will definitely ask if they have the original recipe before ordering. I might not get it if they don't. I think I would like the original better, and it sounds very similar to the recipe posted, so I could just make it when we get back home.

Hi all- just catching up after a few lazy days. 60 minutes over the last couple of days - 15 on the hated Nordic trak, but a lovely 45 at the beach today - taking advantage of a relatively warm day. (80/500).
How I would love a Citrus Swirl right about now! Our February trip has been canceled because of my husband's issues (no news there - he's had every scan known to man and nothing shows!!!! I know that's good in a way - but they still want to start treatment so we're very confused as to what to do). On a better note, I have booked November for (what else!) Food and Wine! Hoping we can get down to our happy place sooner than that.

Raya - good luck with the house hunt!
Piglet - hoping your daughter is well soon.
Elizabeth - I'm going to make those snowgies next time I'm with my granddaughters! They'll love it!
So glad your husband's scans have all been clear. I would be confused, too. Wishing you both clarity and peace throughout the decision making process.

Congratulations to Bonnie F for turning Original Orange! A lot of us are getting really close to Practice Purple, so I suspect next time I post an update, there will be many more changes!

This next craft idea is one that I think would take quite a bit of practice, but of all the ones we've looked at so far, it's probably my favorite!
I am really inspired by these DIY Disney Nesting Dolls! The instructions show how to trace the faces onto the blank nesting doll bases if you aren't the best at free-handing. I think I might try this with My Neighbor Totoro characters later!

I'll echo what Twilight Sparkle said, but if you want to keep it even simpler, you can just estimate your exercise totals for the month so far as 300 minutes (30 x 10) and use that to determine what you'll make your total goal OR you can just start fresh and choose a new goal for the second half of the month! If you did 30 minutes a day for the rest of January, you could make your goal 480 or you can factor in what you've already done and go for a goal like 800! It's totally up to you! We just count minutes here, not steps, but like Twilight Sparkle said, you can try and calculate totals based on that as well.

Yay! As I predicted, several of us have reached Practice Purple! Congrats to sophy1996, PollyannaMom, and myself!

Today, I'll share a recipe that I've practiced many times.
639964 The cheeseburger egg roll can occasionally be found in the Magic Kingdom at the spring roll cart in Adventureland. It also features as a snack at some of the firework dessert parties. I've made them at home now several times and feel like my version is just as good, if not better. Here is my recipe from my blog, though I'm not sure how helpful it will be if you're making these for the first time!

Good morning! 33 minutes on the treadmill yesterday. In a crazy twist of events, instead of moving to Florida, we'll be moving to Boston. :faint: We've never been there, so we hopped on a plane on Friday. It's certainly not Central Florida, but we'll give it a try. Honestly, if you have a hometown that fits you and you never/almost never think about living someplace else, I'm crazy jealous. This will be move 14 and state number 5 since 2000. Disney is the only constant in our lives! :P

211/500 - 42%

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!