Make Sure You Check Your Receipt When You Return A Nationa EA Car

lat

DIS Veteran
DVC Gold
We picked up a SUV (Buick Rendevouz (sp/) on 4/24 in the morning on the EA aisle.

However, when we returned the car, normally I would just take the receipt and go. I had the car reserved for $162 or so for the entire stay. This time, I happen to look at the receipt the checker handed me and it showed over $770!!!!

I had to go to the National booth and ask them to correct it and was told that the system overrode my rate because I had a SUV (reserved an intermediate size car). They corrected my rate for me.

Make sure your receipt shows the correct rate before you walk away.

The same thing happened to me last week! I was charged something like $290 when I had a reservastion for $125 EA. It only took a couple minutes at the booth to fix it. The man checking in my car said it happens alot.

Make sure you bring a copy of your reservation!

Yes it does happen a lot. Even when you had them your reservation from the net and highlight ever important detail.
The attendants at the booths are not the sharpest knives in the drawer so, I have learned to ask for a printout of my charges BEFORE I leave the booth.

Likewise here. Last year, on return of an EA rental, the bill looked like a receipt for purchasing the car. :eek: A few words and it was taken care of.

Similar experience over Easter this year. The person on the desk said I couldn't get a receipt until the keys/slip were brought to the desk (dropped off at National-Dolphin location)-so she would just fax the receipt to us-we opted to wait (since there was a large dent in the rear panel of the car when we picked it up and we did not want to be blamed for it). We waited a good 1/2 hour- Long story short-they were going to charge for the dent until we provided the proof that the dent was already there when we received the vehicle. Always get your receipt and always check and report any damage to the vehicle when you pick it up. It could have been a costly oversight!

Also check the preliminary calculations before you leave the pickup counter to get the car. Sometimes unwanted insurance or coverages are added.

Disney hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/disney.htm

<small>
9/65 Disneyland
3/75 World Inn (now Doubletree Club)
4/85 Kon-Tiki (now Econolodge Hawaiian)
'80s Disneyland once or twice
7/94 Dixie Landings (now Port Orleans Riverside)
9/97 All Star Music
11/98 ASMu & first premium annual pass
12/98 Knights Inn on 192
9/99 All Star Movies
12/00 All Star Sports & PAP#2
9/01 ASSp
11/01 ASSp
1/03 Motel 6 & ASSp & PAP#3
11/03 ASMu
8/04 Pop Century planned
</small>

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter