Make a Wish (and other organizations) ~ Wish Trippers UNITE! Volume FIVE!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
And hope Wish Families, Past, Present and Future will jump in and help provide some advice for ideas you didn't know or found out along the way about being a Wish Family in Florida! Don't be shy, even if you aren't a Wish Family, do you know a tidbit or secret to share to make this experience even MORE magical?

All families get a FREE PHOTOPASS CD! (Maroo is modest about this; however, she planted the idea for this with Disney).

Get as many Photopass pics as you can!!!! :)

Universal would give a free photo to the Wish Family...are they still doing that?

We got 1 free 8x10 at Universal. :)

With the magic perks of your Give Kids The World Button, you will:
• Receive free parking at all Walt Disney World Resort and SeaWorld theme parks.
•Show your parking voucher for free parking at Universal Orlando.
• Receive a free single stroller or manual wheelchair rental at all Walt Disney World Resort and SeaWorld Orlando theme parks.

We were able to get a free double stroller no problem at MK and Epcot.

• Pick up a stroller or wheelchair voucher from GKTW Guest Services for a free stroller rental at
Universal Orlando.(Copied from the Bunny Guide).

We used a stroller rented by MAW for us at Universal.

Take advantage of the Wish Lounges at Magic Kingdom and Epcot. Go in to rest, have a bottle of water and experience a place only a Wish Family can relax.

We went to both and were so thankful to use these quiet, uncrowded sanctuaried for a rest, changing area, and to get a drink!

Spend time at GKTW enjoying the fun and amenities!

Warning: somedays, your children will not want to leave GKTW to go to the parks!! ;)

And as Maroo always says...WEAR YOUR GKTW button...you NEVER KNOW where the magic will strike!

About how long does it take to drive from GKTW to the various theme parks?

It was about 20 minutes or so to the Disney parks. We did not go to Seaworld.

And hope Wish Families, Past, Present and Future will jump in and help provide some advice for ideas you didn't know or found out along the way about being a Wish Family in Florida! Don't be shy, even if you aren't a Wish Family, do you know a tidbit or secret to share to make this experience even MORE magical?

All families get a FREE PHOTOPASS CD! (Maroo is modest about this; however, she planted the idea for this with Disney).

Get as many Photopass pics as you can!!!! :)

Universal would give a free photo to the Wish Family...are they still doing that?

We got 1 free 8x10 at Universal. :)

With the magic perks of your Give Kids The World Button, you will:
• Receive free parking at all Walt Disney World Resort and SeaWorld theme parks.
•Show your parking voucher for free parking at Universal Orlando.
• Receive a free single stroller or manual wheelchair rental at all Walt Disney World Resort and SeaWorld Orlando theme parks.

We were able to get a free double stroller no problem at MK and Epcot.

• Pick up a stroller or wheelchair voucher from GKTW Guest Services for a free stroller rental at
Universal Orlando.(Copied from the Bunny Guide).

We used a stroller rented by MAW for us at Universal.

Take advantage of the Wish Lounges at Magic Kingdom and Epcot. Go in to rest, have a bottle of water and experience a place only a Wish Family can relax.

We went to both and were so thankful to use these quiet, uncrowded sanctuaried for a rest, changing area, and to get a drink!

Spend time at GKTW enjoying the fun and amenities!

Warning: somedays, your children will not want to leave GKTW to go to the parks!! ;)

About how long does it take to drive from GKTW to the various theme parks?

Well It has been determined that DeAnna has a 2nd tumor in her nasal cavity. They are removing her nose and the tissue behind it on the 19th of October. ( will post the details on my PTR site for those intersted). However, she is really needing something to focus on over the next two weeks. I let her pick the house rental for the 2nd week we are staying, but anyone have some ideas of videos or websites (other than disney) that we can use as a distraction.

Thanks

Savanna Garrity

:( I 'm so sorry to hear DeAnna's new diagnosis! Does Deanna have an Ipad? or something like that?

:( I 'm so sorry to hear DeAnna's new diagnosis! Does Deanna have an Ipad? or something like that?

No, we do not have one. I really do not know that much about them. I have a net book that I am planning to take to the hospital.

She plays the Disney webpage non stop. I thought someone might have ideas for other sites.

No, we do not have one. I really do not know that much about them. I have a net book that I am planning to take to the hospital.

She plays the Disney webpage non stop. I thought someone might have ideas for other sites.

Does she have a webkinz? They are stuffed animals that have these special codes. You go to the webkinz website...put in the code, and then you take care of your pet there. Play games to earn money you can spend at the store to decorate your pets room. They are fun and gobble tons of time!

Does she have a webkinz? They are stuffed animals that have these special codes. You go to the webkinz website...put in the code, and then you take care of your pet there. Play games to earn money you can spend at the store to decorate your pets room. They are fun and gobble tons of time!

Webkinz if fun! You can spend a lot of time on that site (um I have heard;) ). Ok I have a webkinz LOL.

There is also a Disney faries site where you can create your own fairy and play games.

Webkinz if fun! You can spend a lot of time on that site (um I have heard;) ). Ok I have a webkinz LOL.

There is also a Disney faries site where you can create your own fairy and play games.

LOLOL...while I can't claim to actually have one of my own...I should! The girls like it when I play games on their acct and my son likes to play games and never spend....so I shop on his acct! Or I did, he's outgrown it now. They are a fun thing!

LOLOL...while I can't claim to actually have one of my own...I should! The girls like it when I play games on their acct and my son likes to play games and never spend....so I shop on his acct! Or I did, he's outgrown it now. They are a fun thing!

My dd likes to spend so I "have" to play the games to win the kinz cash right?;)

Matthew is getting sick. His bark cough started up and he is all congested. We are waiting for his doctor to send a new prescription in so he can get his nebulizer treatments. His lungs were clear all summer for once and know its starting to sound course. Then the ear infections will start up and so on. The season i dread the most fall and winter.

I wish that I had found this sooner! We will be leaving in 9 days and there is so much that I could be learning!

My little miracle, Jared, is the reason we are going on this trip. He was born with only one, little, sick, kidney and was in kidney failure from birth. He received a kidney transplant just after he turned two. He is now 6 years old! I can't believe it! He is also hearing impaired and struggles a bit with everything, but his amazing little spirit is contagious! He is a blessing in our lives! And he is so excited to go to DisneyWorld!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=42861648 Jared's PTP![/IMG]
0p11n8epgnfno2sd.png

I'm not sure what I am doing. I posted a new thread with our pre-trip info, but I don't think it is in the right place. Help!:confused:

I wish that I had found this sooner! We will be leaving in 9 days and there is so much that I could be learning!

My little miracle, Jared, is the reason we are going on this trip. He was born with only one, little, sick, kidney and was in kidney failure from birth. He received a kidney transplant just after he turned two. He is now 6 years old! I can't believe it! He is also hearing impaired and struggles a bit with everything, but his amazing little spirit is contagious! He is a blessing in our lives! And he is so excited to go to DisneyWorld!

I'm not sure what I am doing. I posted a new thread with our pre-trip info, but I don't think it is in the right place. Help!:confused:

I see you have already found the Wishtrippers thread! :thumbsup2 Again, WELCOME and as I said, we will be at GKTW at the same time. Your PTR IS in the right place, that is how I saw you! Your dates are October 15 to October 21 if I counted correctly...is that right? Again...:welcome::welcome::welcome:

AIMEE!!!!! How wonderful to see you back! Thank you for confirming some of what I posted! Do you have any other tidbits to share? We leave in ONE WEEK and I need something to perk me up and don't want to miss anything if we can help it! We have lots of down time planned; because Lisa can't over exert. For those that don't know we will be heading back to Philadelphia November 5 for another cardiac cath (we will be inpatient at least 7 days, probably longer, due to her coumadin). The results will determine if Open Heart Surgery number 4 can't wait any longer. Our prayer is she CAN wait, she needs to be much larger to get a bigger mitral valve; however, her pulmonary stenosis has gotten worse and we might not have any other choice. Due to her Coronary artery injury she isn't a candidate to have it fixed via cardiac cath. I am having a hard time being excited about the trip, with all that is going on. The good news is, the younger three have no idea of what will be happening after our trip...and I have no idea what accommodations we are making for Rachel and David while we are out of town. Some prayers and :goodvibes:goodvibes would be appreciated!

I am incredibly sorry for the latest health challenges! :grouphug: Lisa likes different sites at different times, depending on her mood...she enjoys build a bear, whyville, nickelodeon, club penguin. I just heard of puzzlepriates and stardoll; however, have not had time to check them out. There is another website Lisa enjoys; however, my mind is drawing a blank. She LOVES playing the ipad at the hematology clinic; however, we don't have one either.

Matthew is getting sick. His bark cough started up and he is all congested. We are waiting for his doctor to send a new prescription in so he can get his nebulizer treatments. His lungs were clear all summer for once and know its starting to sound course. Then the ear infections will start up and so on. The season i dread the most fall and winter.

I hope Matthew feels better soon! I am so with you on the germs of the seasons! Definitely not good for our already compromised children!

I am so sorry it has been so long since I posted. Life has just been absolutely crazy. RIght now I am sick and so are 3 of the kids. Hoping that we are all better soon because we leave in 6 days!!! I cannot believe it. I don't know how everything came up so quick Anyway, this is what we are planning.....any thoughts would be appreciated

OCT 9th
ARRIVE at lunchtime
Orientation 7:45pm
Just enjoy GKTW

OCT 10
Magic Kingdom for K Birthday (9am-7pm)
Bibbidi Bobbido Boutique?
MK closes at 7pm, Cake? Back to GKTW to swim?

OCT 11
Hollywood Studios (Open 9am-8pm)
Epcot Open (Open 9am-9pm)

OCT 12
Magic Kingdom- Brendan Sets off Fireworks Day
Epcot in the am.....Open 9am -9pm)
Then Magic Kingdom until close (10pm)

OCT 13
Universal Studios (open from 9am-7pm)
Islands of Adventure (open from 9am-7pm)
GKTW Christmas Party (Definite)

OCT 14
Seaworld - get there at open (open 9-6pm)
Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure (open 9-8)
GKTW Pirate and Princess Party (Possibly)

OCT 15
Breakfast and GKTW Pony Rides if time?
Depart

Also, does anyone have any ideas on what we mus do. My kids are almost 6, 7, 10 and 12) Also, is there anything you wish you would have brought and didn't or brought and didn't use? Thanks so much!!!

EXCITING plans! I do hope you are all feeling MUCH better...you leave in THREE days!!!! :yay::woohoo::yay:

There are four or five different stations with different activities and crafts. I was there last night and my station was cars themed, so we had a sheriff's car, a fire truck, and a race car that kids could learn about and get inside of. There is also lots of trick or treating spots as well. Mayor Clayton and Ms. Merry will be there and all of the volunteers are in costume.

That sounds like fun! I have another question...long ago when I first started planning (and that was over a year ago) we read about a teen night at GKTW. My recently turned teen daughter asked me last night if they still had teen night at GKTW (seems like it was on Sunday night maybe). Do they still do something like that? Thank you for any response you have on that!

Also newdrama...are you working anytime October 13 to October19? How about you thelurker? (I think you work the carousel on Wednesday mornings if I remember correctly).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter