Make a Wish (and other organizations) ~ Wish Trippers UNITE! Volume FIVE!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just so everyone knows, there is a minor GKTW entertainment schedule change. Every Monday for the month of October is a Halloween Event instead of Safari Double Dare/Kids Night Out.

Is NewDrama12 the 'wizard' volunteer we met while at GKTW a few weeks ago? I'm the mom of Brooke and Avery and we chatted several times during the week! Nice to see you on here and thanks for keeping the wishtrippers in the loop!

Is NewDrama12 the 'wizard' volunteer we met while at GKTW a few weeks ago? I'm the mom of Brooke and Avery and we chatted several times during the week! Nice to see you on here and thanks for keeping the wishtrippers in the loop!

Sure is! No problem. I love the wishtrippers!

Now that I've been found by Maroo it makes this all seem more real:banana::banana::banana::banana:. Maroo you are wonderful :lovestruc. To answer your questions, yes this is a GKTW/MAW trip. I will try to update later today!

We leave in

:cool1::banana::woohoo::yay::dance3::cheer2::dancer:party::jumping1::jumping3::bounce::Pinkbounc:maleficen:ccat::simba::donald::stitch::dumbo::sulley::tigger::figment::goofy::hmghost::mickeyjum:dogdance:

Thank you you for the amazing pre-journey ride!! You guys serious ROCK!! I cannot wait to get home & share my post hourney ride with you all!! :banana:

Another little tip, for those of you who subscribe to Netflix, they have quite a few Disney Park videos to watch, or order. We've never been able to watch movies with our son because of his sensory issues, but at least three nights a week for the last month he will ask to watch a Disney Park video. We make popcorn and all hit the couch popcorn::, after all, it's research! Or maybe just a little pre-Disney magic. ;)

Another little tip, for those of you who subscribe to Netflix, they have quite a few Disney Park videos to watch, or order. We've never been able to watch movies with our son because of his sensory issues, but at least three nights a week for the last month he will ask to watch a Disney Park video. We make popcorn and all hit the couch popcorn::, after all, it's research! Or maybe just a little pre-Disney magic. ;)

Thank you so much for this info! We'll definitely be checking this out! :)

Girl you and me are alike. When my son found out his wish was coming true. He had us watching the Disney Park Videos all the time off of the netflix. The videos are nice because you learn about Disney parks. I can't wait to go to the Animal Kingdom.

Has anyone been aloud to take anyone else on their child wish trip that does not live in the home.

My dad is coming along, but he has to pay his own airfare, tickets to the park, etc. They didn't mention that he had to pay for staying at GTKW. I am thinking that the fee GKTW charges is a flat rate and not per person.

:wave:

Another question.....

Bags, what kind of bags do people recomend a person use to carry their "stuff" in at the parks?

2 WEEKS!!!!!

:banana::cool1::yay::banana::cool1::yay::woohoo: :cloud9::cheer2:

I used a buxton organizer bag for small things like my camera and water bottles, but a backpack for jackets, sunscreen, extra water, etc.

My dad is coming along, but he has to pay his own airfare, tickets to the park, etc. They didn't mention that he had to pay for staying at GTKW. I am thinking that the fee GKTW charges is a flat rate and not per person.
I was wondering because my niece would love to go. Her mother died two years ago and her father isn't in the picture. She has post traumatic stress disorder from her mom passing away. She lives with my in laws but they are disable and they wouldnt be able to take her around the parks. She pretty much would have a horrible time with them if they took her. I feel so bad for her but i dont know if i can ask my wish cordinator if she could come. I wouldnt mind paying for her expenses in february but i am afraid to ask them. She would have to be able to stay with us at GKTW and be on the same air flight. Any advise from anyone. I just feel a horrible and i don't know what to do. I don't want to impose on MAW.:confused3

I was wondering because my niece would love to go. Her mother died two years ago and her father isn't in the picture. She has post traumatic stress disorder from her mom passing away. She lives with my in laws but they are disable and they wouldnt be able to take her around the parks. She pretty much would have a horrible time with them if they took her. I feel so bad for her but i dont know if i can ask my wish cordinator if she could come. I wouldnt mind paying for her expenses in february but i am afraid to ask them. She would have to be able to stay with us at GKTW and be on the same air flight. Any advise from anyone. I just feel a horrible and i don't know what to do. I don't want to impose on MAW.:confused3

I have heard of others taking family with them. i would ask, what can it hurt?

Do any of you know if the schedule changes during Christmas break? Is there anything special that is done on Christmas day at GKTW.

Thanks
Savanna

Do any of you know if the schedule changes during Christmas break? Is there anything special that is done on Christmas day at GKTW.

Thanks
Savanna

I know they placed easter eggs and baskets for easter.... but not much changed... I would bet they do something special....

From what I have read on other posts you would have to pay her way but they could arrange for her to stay at GKTW....
It couldn't hurt to ask... but I'm very sure you would have to pay her way.

If your child is celebrating a birthday while staying at GKTW, let them know at front desk. They will arrange that the morning of the kid's birthday, a helium balloon and little surprise package is waiting for them on the porch. Inside will be a colouring book, some crayons, a special card from Mayor Clayton and a special birthday button that they are to wear to breakfast (where they will receive a special breakfast and everyone will sing them 'Happy Birthday!') They will also receive a special note to bring to the Castle of Miracles where they will be able to pick out a special present from a giant gift box.

What a great way to celebrate! Makes them feel really special. Normally, they only do it if the child's actual birthday falls during the trip, but for some reason, our MAW rep made special arrangements that we were to celebrate Brooke's birthday on the trip. She turns four on Monday! Yeah!!

That sounds really cool!! I will be subscribing!!

Thats so cool! Do they only do this for the Wish kid?? Or for other kids?? My son, daughter (non wish kids) will celebrate bdays as well as my husband during our trip.

Lots of great tips! Thanks!

I'm not certain. I have a feeling it is for any kid who celebrates a birthday. They'll gladly sing happy birthday at breakfast for the parents, but I don't think dads get balloons! ;)

About how long does it take to drive from GKTW to the various theme parks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter