Make a Wish (and other organizations) ~ Wish Trippers UNITE! Volume FIVE!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Little kids are always both fun and difficult to work with because they don't always understand the scope of a wish, who these strange people are who want to talk to them and so forth (and 30 months is I think the youngest we go, if I'm doing the math right). My first wish kid was almost 4, and I believe the places she most wanted to go in the world at that moment of our first interview included the mall and the movies. And the person she wanted to meet most was her mom. It was adorable.

I wouldn't worry if I were them. Wish granters are trained to understand the thought process of toddlers and how to work with both the child and their family to help determine their one true wish.

When Maddie got her acceptance letter in the mail, her first answer to the "if you could have any wish, what would you want?" question was "a pile of chocolate!" She then changed her mind to "a pile of chocolate at Disney" and then finally to "Disney so I can be in a parade on Main Street" when her wish granters actually came. I'm assuming that the little boy will probably be able to have his cake somewhere along the wish granting process! Too funny :)

Yeah, when we first started talking about how she would get a wish and Ja was asked where she would most like to go, her answer was "To Grandma's." Grandma lives exactly 3 minutes away ;):rotfl:

YAY for those who are going soon!! I cant wait to hear all about your trips!!

This next month is going to slooowww down for us since its the last month until our trip is here!!

Jacob has been so sick the past few days. He has strep throat. Boo.

So we also decided that it was time to start the process for a service dog for Jacob. He is only getting worse and its starting to get necessary for him. We are getting a seizure response dog. If anyone is interested in keeping up with him and his progress in getting a dog, we made a facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jacob...06117766151811

I hope those going on their trips in the next couple weeks have a magical time!! I can't wait to hear all about it when you get back!

Jackie

When Maddie got her acceptance letter in the mail, her first answer to the "if you could have any wish, what would you want?" question was "a pile of chocolate!" She then changed her mind to "a pile of chocolate at Disney" and then finally to "Disney so I can be in a parade on Main Street" when her wish granters actually came. I'm assuming that the little boy will probably be able to have his cake somewhere along the wish granting process! Too funny :)

Chocolate is good ::yes:: Maddie is so cute :) The little boy's family keeps telling him things like Cake with Mickey, and he laughs & says Just Cake. He's pretty advanced for his age, and I get the impression that he's playing them. :teeth:

Yeah, when we first started talking about how she would get a wish and Ja was asked where she would most like to go, her answer was "To Grandma's." Grandma lives exactly 3 minutes away ;):rotfl:

Aw, so sweet.

This next month is going to slooowww down for us since its the last month until our trip is here!!

I'd like it to slow down, I have too much left to get ready. :teeth:

Just checking in to see how everyone is doing! So glad to hear that some of your wish kids are going on their trips!! It sounds so exctiting!:dance3: I can't wait to read all about them! :thumbsup2 We are waiting still for any word from our wish granters. I guess its taking a little while for paper work to go through?:confused3 Otherwise, Kara is doing great! We were back at Hopkins this past wednesday where she had her port accessed for the first time for bloodwork and viscristine chemo, we were amazed at her! She didn't even cry! :thumbsup2 We will begin her next cycle on April 10 th. So far the only side effects we have seen are her jaw hurting and one vomiting episode. :sick:

As we are waiting for our wish friends to call with some dates...we are already making plans and Kara has picked all the places she wants to eat! I have also been picking up little things like a light up princess toy (found at Target for $5.00) and a new Ariel bathing suit along with some other stuff. I think I may have to take my name off the Disney Store email list as they keep sending me deals for an extra 25% off sale stuff and I just can't resist!!! :upsidedow

Anyone have any advice for dining reservations? Did you have to book them or did the wish granters? I know part of Kara's wish is to go to BBB and the Castle for lunch but i hear it books fast and they do pre payment with your credit card! I am assuming I would just make the other reservations? Also was wondering if I should bother with pin trading, not sure if Kara would be too young to trade?

Well off to read some reports!!

A new thread is under construction - Can't believe we are about to start Volume 6!!!

If you want to post over there, feel free! It's on the disABILITIES section - not sticky yet - We will make sure we leave this one open for a little while, too - so that everyone can see their responses to any questions -

I am working on transferring all of the info to the new thread! :)

Sheri - Glad Kara is doing well. Hope you get dates soon. Yay for getting some preparations done. :) Kara isn't too young for pin trading, but there are some things to consider - is she shy, does she understand the concept? I've read reports where the child didn't understand why someone was taking their pin, even though they were getting one in return.

Thanks Maroo!!
Even though DD's trip was over 2yrs ago (I wish I knew it was here back then- Dis Boards) I like to read everyones post.

Wow! already?

I will close this thread and stick the new volume on the top of the board.
Plus, I will add a link to that thread into post 3 of the disABILITIES FAQs thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!