Make a Wish (and other organizations!) - Wish Trippers...UNITE!! Volume 2!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome home many Wish Trip families and Maroo.

The photopass tips are for the ones that the photopass photographers took that you edit at home prior to having your photopass CD printed by Disney. I hope that makes sense. Would you believe I am still editing mine now that I found out that each photo has to be saved in each size if I may want to print them later as 4x6s or 8x10s as well as 5x7s. I have 6 days to finish! :wizard:

Maroo - welcome home...sorry it is not the happiest of homecomings.

I have started to work on the photopass and am still editing...you were right...it takes a bit of time!

Hope you have some time to take care of yourself this holiday ... you always seem to be taking care of everyone else.:grouphug:

Welcome home Maroo! I'm glad you're back, and excited to hear about this amazing trip. Sorry to hear "life" is bombarding you at the moment. Prayers are going up for your friends.

Welcome back, Maroo!

Weather-wise and crowd-wise, which time of year do you think is better? The week of February 13th, or the week of April 17th? We've been thinking April, but now I'm having second thoughts...

I'm going to call on my lunch break tommorow, but thought I would ask about it on here for now...

So, Sloan loves fire trucks almost as much as Disney characters so I e-mailed our Dream Factory volunteer and asked her about maybe possibly getting it set up where Sloan could ride the Main Street fire engine with Mickey or Goofy. She forwarded it along to headquarters and this is the respnonse she got.

"Anytime a family wants do anything with a character 1) it needs to be schedule several months ahead but it is very possible that they can still pull this off. 2) Since the parents have to be present they must reserve to meet the character because they have to use their credit card, I.d., etc... If they need any assistance they can reach me tomorrow at the office and I can walk them through the process but I can't guarantee that it will happen but we can try. :-) "

Maybe someone here has done something with a character and can help me...does that mean we would have to reserve this character interaction with our dredit card? I'm confused?

Welcome back, Maroo!

Weather-wise and crowd-wise, which time of year do you think is better? The week of February 13th, or the week of April 17th? We've been thinking April, but now I'm having second thoughts...

Hi Kelly,

I have been both times actually. We just went in Feb of 2009 (the last week) and we had a day when we were at the pool (high 80's) and then the rest of the days was FREEZING...we were buying hats and mittens at US/IOA!! This was supposedly unseasonably cold at that time....but just shows that February can be hit or miss weather wise. I think typically it is warmer in the day and then cool/cold at night (sweater or jacket).

We also went April vacation week in 2007...it was gorgeous!! Hot, but beautiful. High 80's each day and high 60's/low 70's at night. My kids were VERY hot....all they wanted to do was swim the whole time we were there. We did most days, relaxed in the afternoons (naps etc) and then did the parks at night when it was cooler. This is what we plan to do again this year, especially since I know it will be hot and Brigitte doesn't do great in the heat.

Having said that though, because it was so cold when we were there in February, our vacation suffered for it. Not saying you shouldn't go then, just saying that February weather is somewhat unpredictable. I think if you go expecting it not to be super warm and realizing you may or may not be able to swim, you wouldn't be that disappointed heading into it!!

Welcome back, Maroo!

Well we already knew we went the end of March, first week of April last year. The first day we got there it was cold, but the it was in 90's all week, and we had about three days were the crowds were not to bad, but than BOOM, they all came in grooves...:rotfl: Feb vacation seems to be an eastcoast thing, where April vaca seems to be all around, including spring break.

We are doing Feb vacation this year cause it is when I have school off, plus the heat in April can really be hot, it was lot for Jakers...I think you need to do what works for your family. You can not predict what the weather is going to be until the week before you go.

:cool1::cool1::cool1:So excitied...we have our dates for volunteering at Give Kids The World for Feb 17th and Feb 21, the 5-9pm shift..and the best part is we are in the Castle...we get to do both the wish stars and the wish pillows...I thought Jake was going to pass out from sheer excitment when we told him....:rotfl:...and of course I got off the phone and got teary eyed...:flower3: Not sure if I am more excitied about being to give back our time or Disney....it is a hard toss..:confused3

So if anyone is on their wish trip during that time, please stop and say hi:wizard:

Welcome back, Maroo!

Kelly, as far as the crowd predictor, the week in Feb looks to be worse. We asked for that week before our chapter told us they were booked through March. I was disappointed at first, but I think the week in April will be better. We are not acclimated to humidity, but the temps should be fine, especially with all the water play areas they have now, the VIP lounges in the parks, dining reservations (A/C), etc.

Here are the numbers for Feb 13th, the numbers in the middle, after the date, is the "level" predicted on a scale of 1-10:
Sat, 13 Feb '10 8 EP DS
Sun, 14 Feb '10 8 EP MK DS AK VALENTINE'S DAY
Mon, 15 Feb '10 8 EP MK DS AK PRESIDENT'S DAY
Tue, 16 Feb '10 8 MK AK EP
Wed, 17 Feb '10 8 EP MK DS AK ASH WEDNESDAY
Thu, 18 Feb '10 7 AK MK EP DS
Fri, 19 Feb '10 6 MK DS EP

And here is the week of April 17th:
Sat, 17 Apr '10 8 EP DS
Sun, 18 Apr '10 7 DS MK EP AK
Mon, 19 Apr '10 7 MK AK
Tue, 20 Apr '10 7 MK AK EP
Wed, 21 Apr '10 5 EP DS AK
Thu, 22 Apr '10 7 AK MK EP
Fri, 23 Apr '10 4 MK EP DS

Here is a link to check the average temps and rainfall:
http://allears.net/pl/weather.htm

:cool1::cool1::cool1:So excitied...we have our dates for volunteering at Give Kids The World for Feb 17th and Feb 21, the 5-9pm shift..and the best part is we are in the Castle...we get to do both the wish stars and the wish pillows...I thought Jake was going to pass out from sheer excitment when we told him....:rotfl:...and of course I got off the phone and got teary eyed...:flower3: Not sure if I am more excitied about being to give back our time or Disney....it is a hard toss..:confused3

So if anyone is on their wish trip during that time, please stop and say hi:wizard:

:yay::yay: How exciting! Jake is going to have a blast doing the pillows I sure.

I got good news yesterday. I get to bring my Baby Girl home for a visit over Christmas. Her biomom lost her to the foster care system. I am hoping to bring her home from a group home she is placed in. This is a big step in the right direction! I can't wait to pick her up in the morning! :love:

I got good news yesterday. I get to bring my Baby Girl home for a visit over Christmas. Her biomom lost her to the foster care system. I am hoping to bring her home from a group home she is placed in. This is a big step in the right direction! I can't wait to pick her up in the morning! :love:

:thumbsup2 That is such great news. Are you going to get to keep her for awhile or just over Christmas? I bet you are just extatic and Im sure it will be wonderful for her to get into a home situation. :banana:

Weather...

I would so go with Feb!

But that week is going to be busy in the parks - so expect some crowds.

But, you will have the button, so that should help! And there is always a chance it will be really cold! :confused3

You will have a great time either week!

:thumbsup2 That is such great news. Are you going to get to keep her for awhile or just over Christmas? I bet you are just extatic and Im sure it will be wonderful for her to get into a home situation. :banana:

We have her tomorrow morning until Saturday night. Hopefully they will make a decision to send her home for good soon after this. I can't wait to have her back again.

Here is another link...again I think it is hard to say...you really just need to make the trip when 1, the weather will not to much for Ali ( and I will say the end of April can be HOT, but Feb could be cold..:confused3) and 2. what is going to work with your jobs...I just can't wait to hear how the first visit with your granters go....:dance3::dance3::yay::yay:

http://www.solarius.com/dvp/wdw/timeyear.htm

Merry Christmas, everyone!

Well...almost!

In two short days we start VOLUME III of this thread! Can you believe it?!?!

But before we do that...

I want to make sure you guys are strapped in and ready for a quick trip report!

You guys all know Matty...and his wish to be a Gingerbread Man in the Christmas Parade?

Well, our resident DISer angel was able to email the right people and they made some magic on Matty's Trip! And I was there (again...I know...what are the chances?!?!?!?!)...

But I will explain all of that shortly...just wanted you guys to know it is about to begin...

You guys are going to want to CLICK HERE and subscribe...:rolleyes1

:cool1: oh that sounds great!Darn the 17th is our DHS/Epcot day and the 21st we go home. Maybe we can catch you at one of the parks or if we get in early enough on the 17th we can stop in. Im still working on the full itenerary so its not 100%yet;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter