MagicBand Choices are so Underwhelming

TheyCallMeStacey

Mouseketeer
ShopDisney has VERY limited magic band options, and I know we'll want to use them on our next trip. I couldn't remember from the last time we did this, so I thought I'd ask the experts. If we wait until we arrive (staying in the boardwalk area)....

1. Can we purchase bands at the marketplace on the Boardwalk?
2. Will they link immediately to use in the park next day or does it take some time for that to happen?

Any down side to this scenario?

Unless they can lik them in the store you have to go into MDE and link them yourself. They should be ready once linked.

there are different ones to purchase on MDE that are not on shopDisney, although they are somewhat limited too. My trip is not until next spring, but bands arrived within week of purchase.

I'm definitely waiting on the magic bands, unless fastpass is re enabled, I'm honestly not sure I even need them. The limited selection and price changes make me think they are phasing them out.

I'm definitely waiting on the magic bands, unless fastpass is re enabled, I'm honestly not sure I even need them. The limited selection and price changes make me think they are phasing them out.
That certainly sounds like a possibility, as they do seem to be pushing everything to the personal mobile devices. Then again, they must make a lot of money selling MBs, so there might be a market for them for at least the next several years.

ShopDisney has VERY limited magic band options, and I know we'll want to use them on our next trip. I couldn't remember from the last time we did this, so I thought I'd ask the experts. If we wait until we arrive (staying in the boardwalk area)....

1. Can we purchase bands at the marketplace on the Boardwalk?
2. Will they link immediately to use in the park next day or does it take some time for that to happen?

Any down side to this scenario?

You could also just use your phone initially to get in the park etc then shop around for an awesome MB you love.

We’ve always ordered MB before the trip and then I’d see so many cool ones in WDW stores that i wished we didn’t buy already beforehand. You have an advantage there 😊

Unfortunately I am old school and don't have unlimited data on my phone (crazy, I know!!) So I think we'll probably look at the airport and boardwalk areas :) Thanks for all the input!!

The Boardwalk had a very limited selection when we were there a couple of weeks ago. There were a few, but not many.

We got ours at Disney Springs our first day in Orlando in the store where you can customize them. That really seemed to be the only place that had any real variety at all.

Linking was no problem using MDE and they worked immediately after they were linked.

I live on my smartphone, but I much prefer the magicband. I like the convenience of the magicband, but even more so I really feel like I’m on vacation when I put it on. There’s a nostalgia connected to it that I would never get from just scanning my iPhone. It’s part of the magic for me. :-)

I agree! I was just looking at the selection on MDE and I can't find three different solid colors for my boys that they will actually wear. Anyone know how often they update the inventory on MDE? I have 38 more days until I can no longer purchase magic bands through MDE. I'm not sure if I sure keep checking for updated color choices or just wait until we get to Disney.

Get the hard ticket at the booth. You can use that for park entry. Get the room key card at the front desk to get into your room.

I like getting the solid color ones and then getting decals from Etsy to decorate them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!