Magical Southern Caribbean ~ 9/20/14

Happy 1 year milestone everyone!

Only 365 more days until we set foot on the Magic!!!

:goodvibes

Can't believe we've hit the 1 yr milestone!!!!!!:cool1:
Looking forward to setting sail on a new adventure cruising the Southern Caribbean on the "new" Magic........:goodvibes

Some familiar names on this thread. We have booked this as a semi-dummy a while ago. (especially SMEECANADA... I think this will be cruise #4 together!)

Welcome aboard Sil. It'll be great to have you along and hopefully we'll meet up on this cruise. Just didn't happen on the Fantasy. It'll just be DH and I on this one. Our youngest will graduate in June, so will most likely be moving onto University in the fall. It's going to be a great cruise and wonderful itinerary.

Hello all!!

Just back from a fabulous trip to Aulani and DL!!!

Now let hope this year goes fast!!!!

Welcome to the new folks!!!

Can't believe that our cruise will be here in less than a year. Made another payment today which means it's time to start and work on plans for the cruise - tours, FE, Palo's, etc. Anyone else making solid plans yet? :confused3 I was also wondering if there was an updated list for the FE group? I'm still trying to decide.........popcorn::

We almost changed our plans to the fourth and final Southern cruise... Until we saw the current rates. OH MY GOD! it's over $1000 more than what we paid for the first cruise. Our idea was to do the final cruise and then the repo to PC as we need to go to WDW for a wedding planning session but it's cheaper just to go back to Disney two weeks later. $500 would have been ok to switch but $1000 was just insane. Glad we booked on opening day though!

ANY DIVERS OUT THERE?

I post this periodically so that the newbies can read it.....

My husband Richard is an experienced diver of over 30 years and loves to dive on the islands when we cruise. Are there any divers amongst you who would be signing up for dive packages or organise your own dives?

pixiedust:

My DH has been a diver for a couple of years and we have friends going on this cruise as well that are divers. They will definitely dive one or more stops on this cruise. I am not a diver so they are a trio that would most likely welcome a 4th to even out their dive party.

BTW, we are Tracey and James.
Leaving the child at home for this cruise :banana:

It's never too early to start planning... Right?? I had a look at shore trips.com to see the kinds of excursions that the ports were offering (I know it's not a comprehensive list!) and the Barbados excursions looks awesome! Snorkeling with turtles is probably what we will end up doing on that island. DF and I will probably end up doing separate excursions on the other islands though. I like my photography and nature and he will be happy on a beach or snorkeling. :)

We are on the Western in January and by the time I had planned what I wanted to do ewe were way past check in and one of the excursions I wanted to do was booked already (at 95 days!). For the maybe once in a lifetime Southern I will be sitting on the website at 105 days out easy to book.

But I couldn't tell you what I was doing next week either LOL

Wish they would at least put the excursions up -- I like to review them a bit before making a decision and would love to know what the choices are.

Yes, I'm impatient! ::yes::

They have released their port adventures for next years Med cruises so I am hoping that they will release these soon to compare prices. I need to plan how much money we need!

They have released their port adventures for next years Med cruises so I am hoping that they will release these soon to compare prices. I need to plan how much money we need!

That's good to know. I keep checking and I didn't think anything new had been added yet. Thanks.

I've been checking the site weekly hoping for port adventures but no luck...... :coffee:
Mark and I love to explore the ports check out what makes each one unique.... so here's to hoping that the excursions are release soon so that we can all start planning! :goodvibes

I saw the Magic leaving PC earlier and now can not wait to be sailing on her for our cruise......

My DH has been a diver for a couple of years and we have friends going on this cruise as well that are divers. They will definitely dive one or more stops on this cruise. I am not a diver so they are a trio that would most likely welcome a 4th to even out their dive party.

BTW, we are Tracey and James.
Leaving the child at home for this cruise :banana:

Funny, I was just about to reply back to this as well Tracey!

I'm the Jennifer in the friends that Tracey is referring to, right now we're looking at maybe going in on the 18th to San Juan so we can get a dive in there on the 19th, and diving 2 of the other ports. Now of course that doesn't mean that we can't send James and Scott off to dive on their own and hit up a nice spa or something! :thumbsup2

ANOTHER DIVER

GREAT 1 here and 1 more doing a back to back west bound, so off to a good start :cool1:

:beach:

ANYOTHERS????? also there are some snorkeling too

garRy:firefight

Started checking flight times for arrival into San Juan. We were thinking of flying in on Friday so that we could enjoy the sites of Old San Juan before the cruise. Was wondering when others were planning on arriving. :confused3

We are probably going to arrive on the Tuesday or Wedneday. The Thursday is DFiancee's birthday and we want to go to a bioluminescent bay and the rainforest... And the Bacardi factory. I did Old San Juan on a cruise this year and enjoyed it!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter