Magical Express was AWFUL!

BettyCv said:
Same thing just happened to us. My youngest daughter's package arrived the first day, then the rest of our family's info. came the very next day. The good news is, you'll have TWO vouchers for lanyards and pins. The bad news is, you probably have three kids... (not that it's bad to have three kids, just bad to have 2 vouchers with 3 kids!) LOL!

Betty
I don't know....this past weekend it was very bad having 3 kids. I almost told them I was going to cancel trip if they don't get their attitudes straight. Too afraid that they wouldn't get it straight and I would have to 'put up or shut up'.

Seriously, last trip we got two 3 lanyards - 2 for the girls and one for my husband - so an extra 2 will give us all one each!!

debden said:
I agree with the OP. Luggage being 5 hours late is NOT ACCEPTABLE!! If it was any transportation service (other than a Disney related service) people would be complaining up a storm about the service!
Give me a break...not everyone wants to have a carry on. I take up to 4 trips a year and I would be literally screaming if my luggage did not reach my room within a 1/2 hour after I checked in. It doesn't matter if the service is 'Free' or not..nobody should have to wait that long!
I would write a letter to Disney and let them know how unhappy I was with their service.
Debbie

Here's what I suggest that I think might help avoid any screaming on your part... don't use the service. That's what we're doing for our upcoming trip so we can avoid any hassle. I suggest the same to everyone else.

The wrinkles will be ironed out soon enough.

I wonder how many people think that Regis rode the ME Bus? My bet is that Disney provided a Limo for him and his Bags with no wait to his room.

One other thing about "ME", and that's Disney seems to be having a problem with their system during what is normally a slow period for Disney, whats going to happen with "ME" once Disney gets into its PEAK season during the Summer like around July 4th when the Parks are Pack and Closed often every day.

Hey everyone, just wanted to share my ME experience -- departed May 8 and returned May 14. We were in the "no tags" crowd. Line was not too bad at check-in; fortunately we had marked our suitcases and were able to give this description. Otherwise they were showing people a card with different types of suitcases (not sure I could pick mine out of a line-up, don't know about you!). Bus out worked fine -- drop-offs didn't take too long. We had packed what we needed for a day (plus) in our carryon's having read the board here, so we changed into swimsuits and hit the pool. By the time we got back to change for dinner, both bags were in our room. About 4 hours from time we landed for us. So the trip in was ok from our perspective. If we'd needed our bags, though, I can definitely see how others might have a problem. It wasn't the total disaster I had feared, though.

The return trip was definitely weird, and a bit nerve-wracking. First of all, it was a Mears bus, not the ME-type bus we had taken on the way out. The driver didn't exactly announce it was ME very loudly, so if I hadn't known they were working under contract and had been just waiting by the curb, yeah I could have easily missed it. Potentially confusing. The other thing was that we were scheduled to leave AKL less than 3 hours before our flight. We made two stops --one at CS, the other at ASMo. At CS, there was nobody there. We'd been late leaving AKL -- think lots of people loading suitcases, small kids, etc. -- but this seemed strange. Then we got to ASMo, big crowd to load up. At this point it was 2 hours from flight time and we hadn't even started off to the airport. More bag loading. Then a 30-minute drive, with some people saying they would probably miss their flights. The driver let us all out at one end of the terminal -- the nearest end -- and Southwest was ALLL the way at the far end. There goes more time. And then the Southwest line was nightmarishly long, but kudos to them they kept it moving. We got to our gate with just a few minutes to spare. For someone like me, who likes being early to airports rather than possibly missing a flight, it was not exactly in my comfort zone, but it turned out ok.

Would I use it again? Probably, but I also won't be going again for at least a year and by then they should have worked out the kinks.

Stayed at POFQ last week and was in building 3 where I could see and passed by frequently where Bell Services was doing the ME luggage. They were outside and seemed to be using a different system each time I noticed. The last system seemed to be small traffic cones with a number on each. It rained one afternoon and they were not out with the luggage. I wondered if they were able to do it at all. It definitely seemed to be a work in progress. It appeared that the CM's were standing around a lot scratching their heads!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter