Magical Express Replacement

If the bus doesn’t have Disney themed wraps then what’s the point? I’ll take an Uber or a rental car.

part of the magic of MDE was being in the bubble. I don’t need the bud service without the magic touches

If the bus doesn’t have Disney themed wraps then what’s the point? I’ll take an Uber or a rental car.

part of the magic of MDE was being in the bubble. I don’t need the bud service without the magic touches
You do realize it was NEVER run by Disney. MDE is totally MEARS. Their buses, employees, system , lost and found., There office/head quarters is close to Universal. Not even on Disney's property.

You do realize it was NEVER run by Disney. MDE is totally MEARS. Their buses, employees, system , lost and found., There office/head quarters is close to Universal. Not even on Disney's property.
Did you ever notice sometimes your bus was a DCL bus. Also run by MEARS.

…what did I say that changed that? When DME comes to an end you think their going to license their character for their buses? No

It was run by Disney. Disney decided the maximum number of resorts per bus. How long a bus could be held at MCO before it had to be dispatched, even if it was all but empty. I thought the people who check us in at MCO are Disney CMs.

Disney contracted with vendors to do most of the actual work. Mears is the vendor which is responsible for virtually all the bus transportation.

Think of the bus transportation as a "private label" version of Mears shuttle service, designed to Disney's specifications.

Does anyone have a clue on when pricing will be posted? I called Mears last evening and the guy I talked to said he had no information other than the service will be called "Mears Connect". On their website it says make you reservation starting in May 2021...I am pretty sure that is where we are...

Does anyone have a clue on when pricing will be posted? I called Mears last evening and the guy I talked to said he had no information other than the service will be called "Mears Connect". On their website it says make you reservation starting in May 2021...I am pretty sure that is where we are...
Prior to Covid Mears shared shuttle service cost $40 R/T. That's a good ballpark. The question is if Mears will be doing anything with luggage, incoming or outgoing.....or will luggage be stowed under the bus with no other options.

A lot of guests used DME. That's a lot of traffic if all those guests gravitate to Uber, car service and car rental. That's a lot more demand, possibly without a sufficient increase in supply. I have no idea if Mears will be getting any subsidies to make the fares more attractive and reduce traffic.

Prior to Covid Mears shared shuttle service cost $40 R/T. That's a good ballpark. The question is if Mears will be doing anything with luggage, incoming or outgoing.....or will luggage be stowed under the bus with no other options.

A lot of guests used DME. That's a lot of traffic if all those guests gravitate to Uber, car service and car rental. That's a lot more demand, possibly without a sufficient increase in supply. I have no idea if Mears will be getting any subsidies to make the fares more attractive and reduce traffic.
I'll take $40 R/T - just need to be able to book it - I'll keep calling and post if I actually get an answer from Mears.

I'll take $40 R/T - just need to be able to book it - I'll keep calling and post if I actually get an answer from Mears.
No reason to keep calling. This isn't like getting a VQ for RotR, a FP for 7DMT or an ADR for CRT. Mears will be able to handle the numbers.

When a company says starting in May they mean goal is by May 31, maybe a little later.

No reason to keep calling. This isn't like getting a VQ for RotR, a FP for 7DMT or an ADR for CRT. Mears will be able to handle the numbers.

When a company says starting in May they mean goal is by May 31, maybe a little later.
I need to know the cost - so do most of all the people who are waiting to see if it is a viable option - and starting in May - means - starting in May - no goal of hoping it starts by the 31st. Not giving passes for posting that they are supposed to be up and running with Mears Connect. I have spoken with 5 people on the Mears Connect Direct Line (as per their website) and none of them know anything about this. Sad and does not vote well for Mears having their act together.

I need to know the cost - so do most of all the people who are waiting to see if it is a viable option - and starting in May - means - starting in May - no goal of hoping it starts by the 31st. Not giving passes for posting that they are supposed to be up and running with Mears Connect. I have spoken with 5 people on the Mears Connect Direct Line (as per their website) and none of them know anything about this. Sad and does not vote well for Mears having their act together.

They aren't starting to charge and run it until Jan. It's not like you need it for a trip next month. Just wait for them to release the info. It shouldn't be that big of a deal this far out, other options aren't going to sell out in the mean time.

They aren't starting to charge and run it until Jan. It's not like you need it for a trip next month. Just wait for them to release the info. It shouldn't be that big of a deal this far out, other options aren't going to sell out in the mean time.
I get that I do not need the info - I would like it, since Mears has stated on their website and in print that they would be starting booking in May 2021. Just a little accountability for putting information out there. It seems a slight problem when everyone you talk to at Mears, has no clue what is going on - that seems...let's say...unprofessional. I like to plan and have things taken care of ASAP - I have a trip booked in January - so, I would like to know my options and prices - that is all I am saying.

The issue is that I like to plan in advance - normally I do not need to worry about this, as we take DME.

I think it’s a safe bet that your luggage will go with you on the bus. The luggage delivery service for MDE was a separate company. Honestly, I wouldn’t bother with a MDE bus replacement but I might be willing to pay for a baggage delivery service so we could head straight from the plane to the parks.

I get that I do not need the info - I would like it, since Mears has stated on their website and in print that they would be starting booking in May 2021. Just a little accountability for putting information out there. It seems a slight problem when everyone you talk to at Mears, has no clue what is going on - that seems...let's say...unprofessional. I like to plan and have things taken care of ASAP - I have a trip booked in January - so, I would like to know my options and prices - that is all I am saying.

The issue is that I like to plan in advance - normally I do not need to worry about this, as we take DME.
Are you worried that these busses are going to instantly book up over 6 months out and you’ll get shut out? I don’t see the need to know right now. There are other options currently on the market that you could price out.

Are you worried that these busses are going to instantly book up over 6 months out and you’ll get shut out? I don’t see the need to know right now. There are other options currently on the market that you could price out.
I have priced some other options - just wanted to know what the price was for Mears Connect - as I am hoping it will be as close to DME as possible. I'll do Lyft if it comes down to not having another low price option.

Very weird and demanding. "May 2021" doesn't mean May 1. It just means within the month of May ... of which there are still 27 days. Just like a movie poster that says "Coming 2022" doesn't mean it's coming out on January 1.

So maybe let's chill with repeatedly calling customer service on the phone to try to get inside info? It will come out when it comes out. It's not "unprofessional."

I think it’s a safe bet that your luggage will go with you on the bus. The luggage delivery service for MDE was a separate company. Honestly, I wouldn’t bother with a MDE bus replacement but I might be willing to pay for a baggage delivery service so we could head straight from the plane to the parks.
Bags offers a VIP luggage service. $40 for 1 or 2 bags, $10 per bag over the 2. Delivered up to 40 miles.
I wonder how much lower it could be priced as an add on.

Unless something has changed new owners of Bags Inc was keeping existing management and running it as a separate company. That was precovid.

Very weird and demanding. "May 2021" doesn't mean May 1. It just means within the month of May ... of which there are still 27 days. Just like a movie poster that says "Coming 2022" doesn't mean it's coming out on January 1.

So maybe let's chill with repeatedly calling customer service on the phone to try to get inside info? It will come out when it comes out. It's not "unprofessional."
Thank you for "your opinion" - I will continue to call to get info - that is what the line is for. Inside info...seriously, how about regular info. It is unprofessional to put up a Mears Connect phone number and have the people that answer know nothing about what you are calling about. It's actually the definition of "unprofessional" - if they weren't ready, they should not have provided a phone number - people will call when provided a source.
Again, thank you for your overwhelming concern and I will manage...I thought I might gain some information about pricing - however, I am sorry that I asked...

The thing is, even if the Mears employees *do* know the cost, they aren't going to tell you until a public announcement is made.

But I can tell you this much (from pure speculation) that it is likely not going to come anywhere close to beating Uber/Lyft in cost, so unless it really adds some sort of benefit (like luggage transfer), it won't be worth it. Estimating $40 round trip PER PERSON compared to $40 each way for an entire family. Unless you have a very small party, they will not compete.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter