Magical Express Replacement

The thing is, even if the Mears employees *do* know the cost, they aren't going to tell you until a public announcement is made.

But I can tell you this much (from pure speculation) that it is likely not going to come anywhere close to beating Uber/Lyft in cost, so unless it really adds some sort of benefit (like luggage transfer), it won't be worth it. Estimating $40 round trip PER PERSON compared to $40 each way for an entire family. Unless you have a very small party, they will not compete.
Thank you - that is valuable info - thank you for answering my question!

Thank you for "your opinion" - I will continue to call to get info - that is what the line is for. Inside info...seriously, how about regular info. It is unprofessional to put up a Mears Connect phone number and have the people that answer know nothing about what you are calling about. It's actually the definition of "unprofessional" - if they weren't ready, they should not have provided a phone number - people will call when provided a source.
Again, thank you for your overwhelming concern and I will manage...I thought I might gain some information about pricing - however, I am sorry that I asked...

Customer service employees don't get paid enough to deal with attitudes like this. The world is coming out of a pandemic and this is the sort of thing commanding people's emotional attention. Again, weird stuff.

Customer service employees don't get paid enough to deal with attitudes like this. The world is coming out of a pandemic and this is the sort of thing commanding people's emotional attention. Again, weird stuff.
Actually that's what they are there for...to answer customers questions...are you serious?

"Customer service representatives answer questions or requests from customers or the public. They typically provide services by phone, but some also interact with customers face to face, by email or text, via live chat, and through social media."

Please let me know when you deem it possible that I can get information...I wasn't aware that you were put in charge of this. I know now and will await information from you.

It has gotten to a point where you can not ask a question without someone taking the liberty of turning your words into an argument. People can ask what they want - there was nothing unreasonable about asking why a company does not have their customer service reps trained to handle calls about the very items they are selling. If you feel this is satisfactory then you have very low standards.

I am eager for the pricing information too. It's not going to make or break my vacation, but with two kids in carseats I have more limited options. The more expensive the airport transfer is, the more likely I am to rent a car, and if I'm going that route it would impact a lot of my other choices (in particular where we will be staying).

I am eager for the pricing information too. It's not going to make or break my vacation, but with two kids in carseats I have more limited options. The more expensive the airport transfer is, the more likely I am to rent a car, and if I'm going that route it would impact a lot of my other choices (in particular where we will be staying).
I agree - you then have to think of parking fees, if you decide to keep the car for the time you are on property.

I suspect Mears will offer their info soon. After all it's still 9 months out.

I suspect Mears will offer their info soon. After all it's still 9 months out.

And when they do I gurantee it'll be all over dis twitter, this thread and other places. No one jere knows how much it will be, it's all speculation.

People can ask what they want - there was nothing unreasonable about asking why a company does not have their customer service reps trained to handle calls about the very items they are selling. If you feel this is satisfactory then you have very low standards.

Good grief, they are not trained to handle the calls about the item because they are not selling the item yet!

You definitely have unreasonable expectations here. Wait for an announcement. Stop pestering them! You’re not going to get any reliable information until there’s an official announcement.

Actually that's what they are there for...to answer customers questions...are you serious?

"Customer service representatives answer questions or requests from customers or the public. They typically provide services by phone, but some also interact with customers face to face, by email or text, via live chat, and through social media."

Please let me know when you deem it possible that I can get information...I wasn't aware that you were put in charge of this. I know now and will await information from you.

It has gotten to a point where you can not ask a question without someone taking the liberty of turning your words into an argument. People can ask what they want - there was nothing unreasonable about asking why a company does not have their customer service reps trained to handle calls about the very items they are selling. If you feel this is satisfactory then you have very low standards.

There will be information when there’s information to share. Calling repeatedly and nagging them will do nothing to change that.

If your trip is not until January, you will have plenty of time to arrange your transportation.

Last edited:
Good grief, they are not trained to handle the calls about the item because they are not selling the item yet!

You definitely have unreasonable expectations here. Wait for an announcement. Stop pestering them! You’re not going to get any reliable information until there’s an official announcement.
I'll just say my standards are higher than yours and leave it at that! I'll also choose not to take your advice "Stop pestering them".
There is a simple fact here that you are missing - there is a phone number - a specific phone number for Mears Connect - this is the service that will take the place of DME - that is not in dispute and announced by the company...why would you put up a phone number and not have the product ready or at least train the people to be able to answer questions? Oh, but I am unreasonable to think that calling a number that is associated with a service would give me answers? Ok - apologize for the company all you want, they dropped the ball.

This all could have been avoided if asking a question - a valid question wasn't seen as an attack on the poor customer service industry. It's their job.

Last edited:
I'll just say my standards are higher than yours and leave it at that! I'll also choose not to take your advice "Stop pestering them".
There is a simple fact here that you are missing - there is a phone number - a specific phone number for Mears Connect - this is the service that will take the place of DME - that is not in dispute and announced by the company...why would you put up a phone number and not have the product ready or at least train the people to be able to answer questions? Oh, but I am unreasonable to think that calling a number that is associated with a service would give me answers? Ok - apologize for the company all you want, they dropped the ball.

This all could have been avoided if asking a question - a valid question wasn't seen as an attack on the poor customer service industry. It's their job.

Life is much easier if you just take these things in stride. Why get all worked up over it? Your trip is in 2022, right? They’re not even starting this service until January, right? Months and months away. It’ll be ok 🤣

Life is much easier if you just take these things in stride. Why get all worked up over it? Your trip is in 2022, right? They’re not even starting this service until January, right? Months and months away. It’ll be ok 🤣
I'm not worked up - I asked a simple question and was not expecting the deluge of negative comments. I will be just fine and my family and luggage will get to WDW in January. I did state that I like to plan in advance, usually a year in advance - this is a quite common practice.
Yes, I am going in January, so I would suppose you can see that waiting until January may just be a little aggravating and a waste of time. You don't wait until January to roll out a program that starts in January - I was just asking for some simple info on pricing. A question that I thought was not too difficult for a company who has taken the mantle over for Disney and has been doing this for X amount of years. Someone has to be the first to ask...

I'm not worked up - I asked a simple question and was not expecting the deluge of negative comments. I will be just fine and my family and luggage will get to WDW in January. I did state that I like to plan in advance, usually a year in advance - this is a quite common practice.
Yes, I am going in January, so I would suppose you can see that waiting until January may just be a little aggravating and a waste of time. You don't wait until January to roll out a program that starts in January - I was just asking for some simple info on pricing. A question that I thought was not too difficult for a company who has taken the mantle over for Disney and has been doing this for X amount of years. Someone has to be the first to ask...

Nobody’s telling you that you should wait until January. They said details will come out in May. It’s the beginning of May. The details haven’t been released yet, and they have until the 31st to do so.

You didn’t just ask a question. You asked a question and then slammed Mears customer service for not telling you details about a service that they have not released details about yet. That seems unreasonable to me.

I just don’t see why this is a big deal, but whatever 🤷🏻‍♀️

They said the info would be out in May. Would you have rather they said spring so you could have started bugging them a month and a half ago when the seasons switched. And the number they have could also very well be the number they already had in place and use for their other services. They probably weren't anticipating someone calling everyday as soon as May 1 came because they had to know RIGHT NOW what the price will be.

It has nothing to do with bad customer service, it has to do with your impatience and unreasonable expectations. If Disney says something will open in Summer of 2021 do you start calling them on June 21 as soon as it's summer to find out when it will open? Or do you wait like the rest of us for them to actually put info out.

If they don't announce anything in May and it's June 1 and there's been no info, then there's totally room to complain, but today is the second business day of the month, there's plenty more time.

Last I checked Mears said they’d have the info out in MAY. Not 12:01am on May 1. If, on 11:59 May 31, 2021 they still have not released the information then you at least have a legit complaint. You could sign up on their email list so you will be the first to know when they announce datails about the service. But no. Instread you have to harrass their customer service. Nice. Is your name Karen

...while I do reserve the right to be named Karen...I will bow out of this attack and seek to look for answers from those who actually have an answer. When Mears has put into place something relevant pertaining to cost or an actual start date, I will gladly post that information.

I sincerely hope everyone has a magical day...I apologize for asking a question so far from the relevant time frame.

Last edited:
...while I do reserve the right to be named Karen...I will bow out of this attack and seek to look for answers from those who actually have an answer. When Mears has put into place something relevant pertaining to cost or an actual start date, I will gladly post that information.

I sincerely hope everyone has a magical day...I apologize for asking a question so far from the relevant time frame.

Good luck. I think we all hope you have success in getting answers from their phone number. My only request would be to treat the reps you speak to with respect, as I'm sure you would! They will only be able to give you info they are authorized to provide by their superiors-- it's more than reasonable for a company to wait to release specifics until it is 100% worked out, and doing so takes time (and sometimes longer than originally expected). Bad customer service would be telling a caller that the cost will probably be $40, only to publicly announce later that the cost is $60 once everything is finalized. More info will likely come this month as they have said. Try to keep your expectations in check and you will eventually get the info you are looking for and on your way to finalizing your plans! Thanks for trying to press the issue to get more info out there.

I would like to state that I called and was courteous to the customer service rep that answered. I would agree that Management was the issue, as they should have at least given a prepared statement for the CSR to read.
Again, and this is the last time I will belabor this point, someone has to be the first to call - I obviously was that someone. My expectations may be higher than some - this in no way means that I was harassing the CRSs. I was simply asking for more information. If I had gotten information and pricing - this whole thread would be turned 180. I can take the sarcasm and jabs if that's what it takes to get the information for myself and for others who are seeking it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter