Magical Express Replacement

Has anyone taken the public bus from the airport to the transportation center? Would be interested in their experience.
I wouldn't want to, just for the logistics of luggage. We had used shuttles in the past, sometimes we rented a car. The shuttles were Mears and Transtar. Both were your normal vans, and were fine. I do hope Mears upgrades to continue using the nice busses, with a program similar to DME for a reasonable fee. I'd be fine with that. I'd be OK even if Disney continued DME for a fee.

I just checked Uber pricing, I posted in the other thread $85 for Uber X MCO to WL.

I'd book a car service before I'd take a chance on ride share costs.

Disney can control Mears. Is Disney willing to at least indirectly subsidize Mears. Delivery luggage to guest rooms at no charge. At a minimum give space for RAC rent free. Could actually pay Mears a fee for every guest transported.

On the other hand Disney could squeeze Mears. Charge them for a bus stop in the resorts.

Given recent behavior I'd expect the squeeze play from Disney i.e. wring every spare penny out of Mears for the privilege of delivering guests to WDW.

I just checked Uber pricing, I posted in the other thread $85 for Uber X MCO to WL.

I'd book a car service before I'd take a chance on ride share costs.

Disney can control Mears. Is Disney willing to at least indirectly subsidize Mears. Delivery luggage to guest rooms at no charge. At a minimum give space for RAC rent free. Could actually pay Mears a fee for every guest transported.

On the other hand Disney could squeeze Mears. Charge them for a bus stop in the resorts.

Given recent behavior I'd expect the squeeze play from Disney i.e. wring every spare penny out of Mears for the privilege of delivering guests to WDW.

And remember when we all thought the parking fee was to drive people to MDE, Turns out just another price increase...

And remember when we all thought the parking fee was to drive people to MDE, Turns out just another price increase...
Moving all the DME guests to private transportation; Uber, taxi, car service or car rental is going to increase traffic around MCO and WDW.
I hope this at least causes Disney to be neutral and, at a minimum, not charge for bus drop offs

I just wish that they would have decided to keep the same service, but charge for it rather than throw all of these unknowns into the mix. While so many would scoff at paying for what was once free, eventually that happens and we would all know what to expect. As someone earlier mentioned, the infratructure is already there. It would have made ecomomic and customer service sense for a plan to phase this in by charging a a little bit and gently increasing it to build the cost that Disney has been paying for this service out to the consumer. Then the branding and onboard videos could all stay ..... we have nearly always used DME because of the convenience and the feeling that once we stepped off of the plane, the Disney experience started for us. Now, the idea of getting from the airport to the resort seems more hassle than experience. Though.....I am sure an experience it will be!

I just wish that they would have decided to keep the same service, but charge for it rather than throw all of these unknowns into the mix. While so many would scoff at paying for what was once free, eventually that happens and we would all know what to expect. As someone earlier mentioned, the infratructure is already there. It would have made ecomomic and customer service sense for a plan to phase this in by charging a a little bit and gently increasing it to build the cost that Disney has been paying for this service out to the consumer. Then the branding and onboard videos could all stay ..... we have nearly always used DME because of the convenience and the feeling that once we stepped off of the plane, the Disney experience started for us. Now, the idea of getting from the airport to the resort seems more hassle than experience. Though.....I am sure an experience it will be!

Somebody got a bonus for cutting a major expense because the thought in Burbank “Those dumb suckers will keep coming no matter what we cut”. This the thing which makes me so mad because Disney used to be about going above and beyond expectations. Because with MDE and RAC your vacation began when you got on the plane at your home airport

I think the complaints and (opposite of goodwill) would be the same if Disney decided to charge as it is for getting rid of it.
Disney has eliminated many of the advantages of staying onsite.

Last edited:
I think the complaints and (opposite of goodwill) would be the same if Disney decided to charge as it is for getting rid of it.
Disney has eliminated many of the advantages of staying onsite.

This what always happens when companies are run by the finance types who know the cost of everything and the value of nothing. Yes there would have been many complaints but as with the parking debacle the majority would have adapted especially post covid where you could spin it we are charging more because buses need to be sanitized after each run.

the current situation however is a real downgrade of thr Disney experience.

and if the new experience is like the old mears experience one will get to visit all the sketchy motels on I-4 before getting to Disney, Nooo thank you Rental cars from here init

Last edited:
This what always happens when companies are run by the finance types who know the cost of everything and the value of nothing
Who wants to guess on the cost of the new transportation by Mears. My guess is 24.99 per person's 3 and over. GO!

150 pp round trip because right before MDE started it was 39.95 each way and that was back in 2000

29.99 per person, no extra charge for luggage.

When Super Shuttle was still operating at LAX, we could go in a shared van to DLR for about $22 each. And it was in CA, nearly twice as far.

What? That’s a ludicrous price. Nobody is paying that for a shared shuttle. That would be $600 for a standard family of four. You could get much better service from a private shuttle service for way less money.

Prices for a shuttle will go up substantially now so its not far fetched though I agree, probably high

I would put in a wager of $29.99 as well, each way/per person above 3yrs old. Luggage included.

$40 -$45 R/T with luggage under the bus. Possible surcharge for DME RAC style luggage handling.

Private car service is $150, a little less. Mears can't charge the kinds of numbers posters are suggesting.

Uber is currently price gouging. You have no idea what it will cost until you're ready to book

MCO and or Disney could offer subsidies in recognition of traffic benefits and luggage considerations

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter