MAGICAL EXPRESS NOT VERY MAGICAL!!!!

Another thing that will contribute to late baggage delivery, is the resort you are staying at. The value resorts don't deliver bags as soon as they get them. They head out once they get a sufficient number of bags. And their Luggage Assistance CMs don't go out very frequently after midnight!!! The deluxe resorts are much faster.

We are west coasters ourselves. We usually arrive at MCO between 4pm-5pm and to our resort about an hour later. We check in then head to dinner or one of the parks. By the time we return around 10pm-11pm our bags are in the room. Have no idea how long they took but they're always there when we need them.

We are west coasters. Last trip we got in around dinner time and this time we won’t get in until 10pm. We grabbed our own bags last trip as we have small kids and just need their stuff. The lighter we can pack for the plane the better for us with strollers and car seats and stuff. We have to grab our own bags this time because we come in so late, but I had already planned to do it again. I didn’t think it was that much of a hassle to grab the bags, I parked myself against a wall with kids and our gear and DH grabbed the bags off the carousel and off we went. Honestly by the time we make a bathroom and drink stop, the bags are on their way out.

I have never understood why anyone wouldn't just get their own bags, in order to have your possessions as soon as you enter into your room.

Because having your possessions with you when entering the room isn't a priority for everyone. In addition, the baggage handling by Disney is one of the advertised perks of staying on-site. It's a lot easier and more convenient to get off the plane and head straight for DME, without a 20-30+ minute delay at baggage claim, without having to cart your luggage across the airport to get to DME, and especially when you have young children or elderly with you that can't help out.

I don't think arriving at 7-8pm is the problem. No matter what time of day, if you get to ME right after a bus has just left, you will have to wait awhile for the next one to arrive.
Good point. I kinda lost that part (the wait time) in mickandvick's post.

We take the overnight plane and arrive 6 to 7 AM. Walk up to DME with no one else around. We always wait 25 to 35 minutes for others to arrive. I can see it taking 45 minutes to get enough people on the bus to make the trip worth while.

Crazy to me how a free perk becomes a point of irritation and even anger when it doesn't work they way one wants it to work.
I have never understood why anyone wouldn't just get their own bags, in order to have your possessions as soon as you enter into your room.
I'll add another...

Since we get in before our room is ready we hit the parks right away. Nice to not have to wrangle bags.
Even the one trip we arrived around 5PM we enjoyed not having to handle our bags - we checked in and headed off to a meal at DS. Very convenient.

Hope that helps you understand why some people don't get their own bags when this service is offered.

Last edited:
Am also from the west coast and typically arrive anywhere from 5-7 PM. This last time I did get my bags after a bad experience the year before with Pop and my bags taking 5+ hours after I arrived at the resort to be delivered. Were delivered around 11:30 after I had called twice. But I have used other times including a trip last fall and all was fine and definitely received within 3 hours. And no, I have never sat on the bus 45 minutes waiting to leave. In March, it was just a couple minutes and then we were off.

We always arrive in the am but I always get my own bags. I much prefer the 10 to 15 min wai5 for bags at the airport then several hours at hotel. Even in am we have waited 30 min or more for a bus. We don’t go to parks much so i just want to get to room and unpack ASAP

We do that as well. If our room is ready we can put on our bathing suit and I can unpack and we are at the pool! If not we have bell services hold our luggage and go to the pool anyways.

've arrived later in the day...have yet to have a wait for the bus that is more than 25 mins. Once on the bus, the same thing. I know there are isolated incidents of longer wait times. Seems the OP, and family, have been very unlucky.
I wonder if they were on a flight with the Debster family... ;)
I can get by for a night/day with what's in my carry on. Having to handle my luggage only at my home airport is an appreciated perk.

I've only been to WDW once, so I only have one experience. I got to Disney World around 11 am. The paper Disney tag fell off at some point, so the airline temporarily lost my luggage. They gave me a call sometime in the middle the day and I gave them my resort information and they took care of it. It was in my room before I got there later in the evening. For me it all worked out, but if you're getting there late I could see it being a problem.

I also had some clothing and essential stuff in my carry-on just in case my bag went missing.

If you arrive at the airport at 8, you usually have to wait about 45 min. on the bus before it leaves the Airport.

I can’t say that it’s “usually” at all.

When you arrive at your Resort, you expect to receive your luggage delivered to your room with in the 3 hrs they quote you from the time you land.

As others have said, that’s not what they quote.

When landing in the evening, I recommend packing enough for the night in your carryon bag, and then telling Bell Services to hold your Magical Express bags until morning. That way there is no disturbance at night.

Yep.

My ex is on a work trip right now. He didn’t pack anything in his carryon. Three flights from Vancouver to Lima. And his bag never left Atlanta. He won’t get it until tomorrow morning. He has nothing but what he was wearing, and is a plus sized fellow so there’s nothing to buy in Peru. Pack a day’s worth of clothing in your carryon...

I see what you’re saying, but it’s just not important for many.

My only issue is finding some kind young person who can help me get the bag in and out of the overhead bin!

Oh please don’t rely on the kindness of strangers... pack what you can carry.

Honestly by the time we make a bathroom and drink stop, the bags are on their way out.

Same experience.

Just an FYI, a few years ago we waited at the luggage carousel for almost 2 hours because there was thunder/lightning and they could not get the luggage off our plane. It felt like forever. We talked to a airport worker and they said a few weeks before that a airline employee had got struck by lightning getting luggage off a plane. We are always in Disney in August when there are storms all the time.

Because having your possessions with you when entering the room isn't a priority for everyone. In addition, the baggage handling by Disney is one of the advertised perks of staying on-site. It's a lot easier and more convenient to get off the plane and head straight for DME, without a 20-30+ minute delay at baggage claim, without having to cart your luggage across the airport to get to DME, and especially when you have young children or elderly with you that can't help out.

Also, I have had one later night flight, and you basically have to go to one end of the airport, get your luggage, and go back to the other end. That doesn't mention going up and down several flights each time and having to possibly fight crowds.

It was just myself and it was a massive pain. I would not do it again if I had a choice.

Also, I have had one later night flight, and you basically have to go to one end of the airport, get your luggage, and go back to the other end. That doesn't mention going up and down several flights each time and having to possibly fight crowds.

It was just myself and it was a massive pain. I would not do it again if I had a choice.

Yes! Most arriving flights have baggage claim on the opposite side of the airport from where DME is. And elevators are few and far between.

I've maybe checked two bags in the last decade of traveling, but I would prefer to spend another 20 minutes to ensure I have possession of my things as they come off the carousel. I also don't like people in my room once I check in, so I'd opt away from luggage delivery.

I've maybe checked two bags in the last decade of traveling, but I would prefer to spend another 20 minutes to ensure I have possession of my things as they come off the carousel. I also don't like people in my room once I check in, so I'd opt away from luggage delivery.

FWIW, with the newly added room checks, having someone in your room after check-in will be inevitable at WDW. But your point about making sure your bags are present is one reason a lot of people opt to get their own bags. It's a trade-off.

FWIW, with the newly added room checks, having someone in your room after check-in will be inevitable at WDW. But your point about making sure your bags are present is one reason a lot of people opt to get their own bags. It's a trade-off.

Yes, I understand.

Another thing that will contribute to late baggage delivery, is the resort you are staying at. The value resorts don't deliver bags as soon as they get them. They head out once they get a sufficient number of bags. And their Luggage Assistance CMs don't go out very frequently after midnight!!! The deluxe resorts are much faster.

I know this was a lifetime ago, but my best luggage delivery was at Pop in 2010. My bag literally beat me to my room (I landed mid morning, got on a bus, we stopped at CBR, I checked in at Pop, went to my room and voila luggage was there). I wish my first experience with luggage delivery had been worse, because that set a precedent of awesomeness that has yet to be beat.

Understood. ideally, DME riders are, or should be, aware that the yellow-tagged luggage is pulled before any luggage is sent to the carousel.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter