Magical EBTA 2017

Yes! The system must have updated or something - I was able to book! :)
Thank you for posting! Didn't realize there were character breakfasts on transatlantic! I guess we must have missed out on this last year. On previous cruises, we had always received the notice for our day for character breakfasts in our cabins, so when no notice appeared, we assumed there were no character breakfasts on this cruise! So happy I joined DISboards!! Just booked our character breakfast!

Hi! We were on DCL's 2013's EBTA to Barcelona, and we're booked on this!

I've organized Candy Exchanges on many cruises. We use Fish Extenders to pass out treats of local origin. We print out info from the Internet giving some history. Examples given out in past are Cheese Straws from Mississippi, chocolate from Hershey as well as many small local chocolate companies, salt water taffy from Jersey shore or Salt Lake City, Life Savers from Cleveland and citrus treats from FL.

So far, January 20, here's the list:

Updating interest list in local Candy/Snack exchange

Kerpe
Mommatothebear
SwingDancingAnn
Pawdoc
KJET54
Expedition EverestI
Poookie
Deb T
scottrob
bobbiwoz
tmullem93
cali cruiser
Maple Det
Shawnadb
Tinked

I keep groups between 7-11 rooms. If anyone thinks they are interested, just mention it here. I'll be asking for cabins and allergic concerns in 2017!

Looking forward to meeting fellow cruisers and participating in meets or pin trading events!

Bobbi

PS. Rudisdey posted this on page 11. Looks like a reference for you if you send him a message regarding what you could do in Amsterdam!
I will be on the cruise also together with my wife and friends from Florida. We live in the Netherlands in a town just 6 miles from the centre of Amsterdam. When there are any questions about the interesting spots in Amsterdam, I am happy to answer your questions the next months.

Rudisdey, Today at 1:03 AMReport
#220Like+ QuoteReply

We would love to be a part of this. Please include us on the list.

Thank you for posting! Didn't realize there were character breakfasts on transatlantic! I guess we must have missed out on this last year. On previous cruises, we had always received the notice for our day for character breakfasts in our cabins, so when no notice appeared, we assumed there were no character breakfasts on this cruise! So happy I joined DISboards!! Just booked our character breakfast!

My experience, too. Thank goodness for DISboards! Booked our character breakfast, and, okay, I admit it... A princess experience, too!

Updating interest list in local Candy/Snack exchange

Big red07
Nrbrenna
Kerpe
Mommatothebear
SwingDancingAnn
Pawdoc
KJET54
Expedition EverestI
Poookie
Deb T
scottrob
bobbiwoz
tmullem93
cali cruiser
Maple Det
Shawnadb
Tinked
ndloewen

Still opened for participants. April first I will ask for information like cabin numbers, how many adults, children in each cabin and if there are any allergies.
When I began the list, I did mention that I keep the numbers between 6-11. If I split (into 2 groups it looks like at this time) I look at cabin numbers and arrange by decks. If you have an opinion about splitting, some like larger groups and have asked to be in both groups, for instance in the past, please mention those ideas here, and in the conversation you send to me around April 1st.

Bobbi

My experience, too. Thank goodness for DISboards! Booked our character breakfast, and, okay, I admit it... A princess experience, too!

Where is it on the website that you are able to book this? I've logged in and looked under my reservation, but do not see anything. If it matters, this is our first Disney cruise, so perhaps this is not available to me yet? Thx.

Where is it on the website that you are able to book this? I've logged in and looked under my reservation, but do not see anything. If it matters, this is our first Disney cruise, so perhaps this is not available to me yet? Thx.
You can see and book 75 days out.
When I booked the character breakfast, it seems I had various times to pick from. Since this seems to be a new way of booking, and since you at least know to look for the character breakfast, I think you'll be O.K.pixiedust:

After you log into your reservation you will see Activities. When you can book activities it will say Book Now in blue print. Then you'll be able to see a box for each day of the cruise. Click at the bottom of the day's box to add activities and another page comes up. Click on Port Adventures to book shore excursions, and Onboard Fun to book character breakfast, ticketed character meets, Bibbity Bobbity Boutique and Royal tea. You can check out what excursions are being offered before it's time to book by clicking on Things To Do. Then scroll down to Transatlantic Cruise and click. The top upper left box allows you to filter for each city.

After you log into your reservation you will see Activities. When you can book activities it will say Book Now in blue print. Then you'll be able to see a box for each day of the cruise. Click at the bottom of the day's box to add activities and another page comes up. Click on Port Adventures to book shore excursions, and Onboard Fun to book character breakfast, ticketed character meets, Bibbity Bobbity Boutique and Royal tea. You can check out what excursions are being offered before it's time to book by clicking on Things To Do. Then scroll down to Transatlantic Cruise and click. The top upper left box allows you to filter for each city.

Thanks for that. It baffles me why, but it says that my activities are not available until February 27th. I've been on many different cruise lines, but have never seen such a disparity in services for new vs. returning customers. I'm going to have a pretty sad 5-year-old if we are unable to book this. :sad:

Thanks for that. It baffles me why, but it says that my activities are not available until February 27th. I've been on many different cruise lines, but have never seen such a disparity in services for new vs. returning customers. I'm going to have a pretty sad 5-year-old if we are unable to book this. :sad:
You will see that most people on this cruise are at platinum level and the have first opportunity to book. When my window of opportunity opened (gold), I was on the computer at 12 AM to book excursions. Ann Frank House walking tours were sold out, but everything else was available (going to get tickets online and do this ourselves after our windmill excursion! We are hesitant to go out on our own, but I really want to see this!). Just booked breakfast and character meets yesterday. PLENTY of availability for all (princesses, Frozen and breakfast). You absolutely won't have a problem booking!!!! We're doing the Northern European cruise right after this one and breakfast was totally available yesterday, and it is only offered on one day. On this cruise I saw it was offered at least three mornings. Rest easy and know your 5 year old is going to have an awesome vacation! You will make many wonderful memories!!!!!

Your five year old is going to have the time of her/ his life! Characters are out in force every day. Every evening you will have the opportunity to take your photo with a character, and they're hanging around in different places in the ship, and they visit the children's programming. If you participate in the Candy exchange or the FE group (or both!) little goodies will be delivered to your room daily! Every night your little one will find a towel animal on the bed. There are ice cream bars shaped like Mickey (ask for one for dessert after dinner!) and waffles shaped like Mickey and... trust me. Disney Cruise is fun for adults, but it's designed for your child.

You will see that most people on this cruise are at platinum level and the have first opportunity to book. When my window of opportunity opened (gold), I was on the computer at 12 AM to book excursions. Ann Frank House walking tours were sold out, but everything else was available (going to get tickets online and do this ourselves after our windmill excursion! We are hesitant to go out on our own, but I really want to see this!). Just booked breakfast and character meets yesterday. PLENTY of availability for all (princesses, Frozen and breakfast). You absolutely won't have a problem booking!!!! We're doing the Northern European cruise right after this one and breakfast was totally available yesterday, and it is only offered on one day. On this cruise I saw it was offered at least three mornings. Rest easy and know your 5 year old is going to have an awesome vacation! You will make many wonderful memories!!!!!

When you really want to visit the Ann Frank House there is always the possibility to do this on your own and not with a Disney Port Adventure. But you have to buy tickets before on internet two months before visiting: http://www.annefrank.org/en/Museum/Practical-information/Opening-hours-prices-and-location1/
We will visit Amsterdam on a public holiday and many tourists will be in the city. So the Ann Frank House tickets will be sold out fast. Also other museums will be very busy.

When you have more questions about Amsterdam, ask me. I live near Amsterdam and work in Amsterdam.

As always the DIS saves the day. I didn't know you had to sign up for the Character Breakfast either. All signed up now. Thanks to all.

Any First time cruisers get anything they wanted? All Character Breakfasts and meets were full when I was trying! That seems insane to me that on a 15 day cruise that everyone can't have a turn on a character breakfast and a character meet and greet that wants one.

If I were a first time cruiser who is unable to book a ship activity like the character breakfast, I would call DCL, or my travel agent as ask for some information like will the ability to book on board be available, if not, complain. The way I remember from the past, you booked on board and every MDR rotation had a time to register.

I hope you are successful!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!