• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Magic kingdom closing 10pm vs 11pm

SuperMomOf3

Earning My Ears
I just noticed that 3 days in July MK is closing at 10pm instead of 11pm. Is there reasons for this? Does the 1hr make much of a difference? Would you change your park reservation if the day you were going to MK would close 1hr earlier?

Hours at MK change often so the 1 hour difference is pretty common. Personally I wouldn't allow that 1 hour to change whether I went to MK that day or not and would go whatever day(s) works best with our plans.

The parks closed at 10:00 many nights we have been there. It didn’t impact us at all. It makes getting up for rope drop that much easier.

That may change again. For our trip in April, the hours of several parks changed regularly right up to a few days before.

This is a bit of a bump but are there any times of the year when MK is open until 11AM/1AM (EEH)? Or is it pure random throughout the year? Reading above as well, times can also change on the day or a few days before.

Going in September and saw the dates for when we're going appear today, so I'm just curious.

Anyone been in September when it's open until 11AM in Sept?

This is a bit of a bump but are there any times of the year when MK is open until 11AM/1AM (EEH)? Or is it pure random throughout the year? Reading above as well, times can also change on the day or a few days before.

Going in September and saw the dates for when we're going appear today, so I'm just curious.

From our experience, very rarely. We went in Sep for a number of years and the parks often closed earlier than 11:.00.

Also, about 50% of MK nights are party nights I believe which means the park closes to day guests at 6PM.

From our experience, very rarely. We went in Sep for a number of years and the parks often closed earlier than 11:.00.

Also, about 50% of MK nights are party nights I believe which means the park closes to day guests at 6PM.
Thank you for the reply :).

What times of the year are the parks open later in general do you think? We went November last year but is it only Summer/Xmas time that it's open until 11? It seems that way.

One of them is and extended hours night 10:00 p.m. - 12:00 a.m. Maybe the others have events as well (or park maintenance).

Thank you for the reply :).

What times of the year are the parks open later in general do you think? We went November last year but is it only Summer/Xmas time that it's open until 11? It seems that way.
Hours can change on a daily basis. A Google search would probably be my recommendation although I’m not sure how accurate it will be as they can change greatly from year to year.

Last edited:

I believe that MNSSH starts in September, so I would expect the park to be closing early on those days.

When we were there three weeks we had one MK day open until 11:00pm (luckily it was our MK day) and all the others were until 10:00pm. I looked at the summer schedule and it seemed like every day was 10:00pm. Why our day was 11:00pm, I have no clue - I found it odd - nothing special was going on. It was nice having that extra hour to go on rides while others left the park. When we returned on a 10:00pm close time night - the difference in crowds leaving the park was enormous. DD19 and I chose to walk to The Contemporary instead of waiting in the massive crowds for the monorail (both options) or any of the boats. The later closing definitely made a difference.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter