Magic Key Renewals Start 8/18

Well, the Inspire Key's blackout dates on December 21st thru January 1st sounds fine and better, but I'm still not sure. I guess that lawsuit didn't teach them anything. Or did I miss something about that?
That's what the lawsuit taught them. If every pass has a blockout of some kind, they don't need to worry about what the term "no blockouts" means. (That's the main issue in the lawsuit.)

That's what the lawsuit taught them. If every pass has a blockout of some kind, they don't need to worry about what the term "no blockouts" means. (That's the main issue in the lawsuit.)

They double protected themselves, too…. The blockout in the top tier was probably business driven, but the mail in the coffin is the binding arbitration clause.

Class action (and individual) AP lawsuits need an entry on the Yesterland site!

I was secretly hoping for a la carte packages.. with option to add on photopass and genie+ and parking. The genie+ discount is moot for me because at $16 it’s still more than wdw and we wouldn’t need the photopass if we have Drea.. excuse me Inspire or Believe. I thought the discount parking for the lower pass but limiting them to Toy Story is a great way for Disney to make ppl feel like 2nd class citizens.

Once you add in the tax that WDW charges (that DLR does not) it's a negligible difference. Like a couple cents difference.

This "discount" just brings the cost of DLR G+ down to the cost of WDW G+ to account for the redundant PhotoPass benefit. WDW G+ does not include PhotoPass.

I know that WDW and DLR are two different beasts but I find it interesting that WDW's Incredi Pass is much cheaper than DLR's Inspire Pass and it's also not blocked out during Christmas and New Years.

I know that WDW and DLR are two different beasts but I find it interesting that WDW's Incredi Pass is much cheaper than DLR's Inspire Pass and it's also not blocked out during Christmas and New Years.
WDW passes have been cheaper than DLR passes since I started regularly visiting WDW in 2016. Their pass benefits are also different, they have a flat 20% off merch across all passes and all passes include theme park parking as an example.

Less AP holders at WDW, so they are trying to sale more by offering them at a favorable price. Plus stronger AP competition in the local FL market.
DL AP holders have shown to buy their passes at any price. So it keeps going up.

Some of my takeaways...
- MK holders are not buying into Genie+. Hence the discount addition. Why not add an additional charge to add Genie+ for the year.
- Is Free Photopass really that big of a perk?
- I wonder why certain MKH can only park at Toy Story Parking Lot and not the structures.
- They would probably sell more Believe Keys (and other MKs) if they offered a additional charge to include parking.
- The inclusion of being able to upgrade makes me think there will be another pass coming.
I can see it being the return of Dream Key, no blackouts, park hop when you want, free parking, G+ for $1.8k??? I can see this happening just before the Christmas blackout dates.
Because then all APs would be able to use the LL lines all the time and DLR would end up with the same problems as WDW. Too many folks using the LLs. This way APs might buy it every now and then but probably not every single visit.

Less AP holders at WDW, so they are trying to sale more by offering them at a favorable price. Plus stronger AP competition in the local FL market.
DL AP holders have shown to buy their passes at any price. So it keeps going up.
I totally get it. DLR is a mad house when it comes to local AP holders. I wonder what's holding up WDW from selling new passes.

My major issue is going to be my younger child who turned 3 during our Magic Key plan. If no new sales will I be able to add him? If not I guess we aren’t renewing. 🤷‍♀️
Same question for me, guessing a phone call to guest relations may help. I'm really hoping so.

Hmm, I guess they did learn something after all. But I'm not sure I'll get it anytime soon. Maybe next year, but we'll see what my family thinks.

These changes are not good for us.. our current Dream Keys expire in the middle of our Thanksgiving week trip. My concern is if we can’t renew until 30 days before, 1) what if the Inspire Keys are no longer available by then and 2) what if there are no more reservations left for the rest of our Thanksgiving week trip? Another one of our main trips for the year is between Christmas and New Year’s, which we’d have to buy tickets for now. This might be the end of our being AP/MK holders for years.

These changes are not good for us.. our current Dream Keys expire in the middle of our Thanksgiving week trip. My concern is if we can’t renew until 30 days before, 1) what if the Inspire Keys are no longer available by then and 2) what if there are no more reservations left for the rest of our Thanksgiving week trip? Another one of our main trips for the year is between Christmas and New Year’s, which we’d have to buy tickets for now. This might be the end of our being AP/MK holders for years.
I would not be concerned about reservations. I have never not been able to get a reservation the night before a visit.

I totally get it. DLR is a mad house when it comes to local AP holders. I wonder what's holding up WDW from selling new passes.
I personally think it'll happen sooner than later. I feel like the initial pause was mainly for capacity reasons, which have since subsided. And I think they've held off to get past the summer busy season - same as DLR.

They announced the new AP tiers at the end of August last year - it'd make sense for them to reopen them in the same timeframe.

All of that, plus vastly greater park capacity and a much smaller customer base. They have so much more space to fill, and fewer people to fill it with.

I would not be concerned about reservations. I have never not been able to get a reservation the night before a visit.
Even during busy times like Thanksgiving weekend, for multiple people? For us this is a concern because we’re not local and have to travel to get there, so we can’t really gamble on getting a reservation last minute especially during a holiday week.

same for us. I called customer care and they told me I can renew on the 18th and my new pass (I'm upgrading to an Inspire) will start the day after my old one expires.

Even during busy times like Thanksgiving weekend, for multiple people? For us this is a concern because we’re not local and have to travel to get there, so we can’t really gamble on getting a reservation last minute especially during a holiday week.
Yes. They usually show backup again between 8pm-11pm and will usually stay available until any least the following morning. You may need to book them separately and not all at once but reservations have never not been available the night before. And if this summer's trend holds they should stay available most of if not all day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter