Magic Key Program

I got this too and could never figure it out, and then it booted me. But beware, every time you hit submit it is authorizing your card.
My credit card showed three transactions and three refunds so it didn't take the money off my card. I ended up using a different card that I didn't want to use. I'm guessing I'll have to call to change it for future payments.

Sounds insanely frustrating. I can’t believe they don’t have an analog fail safe solution for situations like this. Like clearly you have tried the technology route, given it a good effort, now they need to bring in a human and resolve it.
They said, “the booth will probably start processing those if the app isn’t working by the evening.” That’s when I said I was leaving by 4 and they told me to screenshot everything and take pictures of being at the ticket booths.

In addition to being nervous about leaving with over $400 in used tickets that have NOT been upgraded to Magic Keys yet, I’m bummed because we wanted to use the discount today!

This is so silly, I am aware. But. Small gripe. My key isn’t showing up in app, like what I have seen posted for people celebrating, the image of the key with my name. My pass is in my app and linked to me there, but on desktop, it doesn’t show as linked. Any advice??
My key is also not showing on my profile. I'm guessing once I scan into the park it will show up. My best guess is because my pass wasn't purchased under my profile, but under my sisters. Her profile is showing a key.

Finally got through here, had to use iPhone (not Disneyland app, just website)..... sat in queue for about 4 hours. Tried browser on computer but it stayed at "more than hour".

Dream Key

Last edited:
My key is also not showing on my profile. I'm guessing once I scan into the park it will show up. My best guess is because my pass wasn't purchased under my profile, but under my sisters. Her profile is showing a key.
Scan the barcode from your pass, or add the numbers directly. It won't show up on it's own since another person bought it

Yea, mine was also purchased under a different account--I have a message to chat, but who knows if I will hear back.

It just seems so ridiculous that when I go to make a park reservation, both through the app (which takes me to safari on my phone) or through the desktop, it recognizes my key, but the key doesn't show up in my profile. I go in a couple of weeks, so if I do not hear from them with advice, I will just have to go to the ticket booth, I guess? Lol, this shouldn't be so complicated!! I have had my disney account for MANY years, which included being an AP. Oh well! I guess I am just envious of that cute little graphic on the app! :)

I entered the queue about 1pm PDT at 5% progress, it is now 2:32pm PDT and the bar is at 13%.

If it's linear, that's like a 10 hour wait ahead of me, which seems unlikely. Anyway carry on folks, if I get a queue ID < 30 mins I'll post it here as I'm not buying an AP at this point in time.

Yea, mine was also purchased under a different account--I have a message to chat, but who knows if I will hear back.

It just seems so ridiculous that when I go to make a park reservation, both through the app (which takes me to safari on my phone) or through the desktop, it recognizes my key, but the key doesn't show up in my profile. I go in a couple of weeks, so if I do not hear from them with advice, I will just have to go to the ticket booth, I guess? Lol, this shouldn't be so complicated!! I have had my disney account for MANY years, which included being an AP. Oh well! I guess I am just envious of that cute little graphic on the app! :)

You can manually enter the pass information in the app to link it. Or you can scan the pass barcode.

I purchased two magic key passes, one for me and one for someone else. Both show up in my profile on the web page under membership and passes. However, it doesn't show on his profile on the web. It will not let me link it as it says it's already associated with an account.

Honestly, it doesn't matter if it's there. I added the pass to his tickets in the app so he can scan in the parks himself. Also on the web site, he can make his own reservation. The key shows up there.

The only place he can't add it is in the profile page's membership and passes page. It doesn't really make a difference as everything he needs to do is available.

Is this what you are experiencing?

Saturday is now DCA start only for park hoppers and one park tickets with no hotel guest availability. So it looks like at least right now, Disney is prioritizing Magic Key availability. It would be a PR nightmare if some of us who have been dealing with Disney IT for several hours couldn't even go to Disneyland this weekend.
Well that’s concerning. We were assuming hotel guests would have higher priority over MK and were holding off buying them for our January trip.

Curiously we've made a similar re-eval. Funny how quickly we went from to top tier to the bottom tier. Hmm. And we'll also be taking a wait and see; we don't plan to purchase anything until our mid-Oct visit (hard ticket event).
OK, I changed my mind, again! I went through the drill and purchased today.

I have two Queue-It positions <1 hour ... send me a PM if one might help you? Fast, please! One has 33 minutes; the other 38.

One of the previous posts brought up a good point that if you are getting an Imagine Key, you must log in after you get through the queue in order for that option to be unlocked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter