Magic Express and social distancing?

Llama mama

DIS Veteran
I live in a rural town . How are major cities operating public transportation with new Covid restrictions? Wonder how Magic Express will operate? Do they have enough buses to run more routes to reduce numbers aboard?

Don't know. Won't know until Disney releases information.

boston is operating public transportation on the weekend schedule, but ridership is down as much as 92% right now.

Ops will be different as things open up.

I live in a rural town . How are major cities operating public transportation with new Covid restrictions? Wonder how Magic Express will operate? Do they have enough buses to run more routes to reduce numbers aboard?
They do have enough buses to space people out during the initial opening period, a time when there will be a lot fewer fly-in resort guests than usual. They will probably consider the bus full when a certain percentage of seats are filled, and encourage guests to skip rows or something like that.

Don't know. Won't know until Disney releases information.

boston is operating public transportation on the weekend schedule, but ridership is down as much as 92% right now.

Ops will be different as things open up.

On my train I have 40-50 people in 5 cars on a train that would easily have 700 normally. I'm not sure what the afternoon "rush hour" trains like like as my run only does the morning rush but have a feeling it's similar. Of course on most trains the majority of passengers flock to the doubledecker and not exactly social distance even though there is plenty of room making.

I live in Philadelphia and our transit authority reported a %98 reduction in train ridership . Many offices have extended work at home until July.

I am also wondering about magical express!

Has anything been posted about the regular bus services between resorts and parks?

Nothing official yet. I've been waiting patiently. We need to use Magical Express with a non-transfer wheelchair guest. Same for bus transpoyrtation.

I am waiting on Magical Express information as well. We prefer not to rent a car unless no other choice.
Hoping they still offer this service.

I am waiting on Magical Express information as well. We prefer not to rent a car unless no other choice.
Hoping they still offer this service.

My feeling/hope is that they would have already announced it if they were not going to offer ME.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter