Magic Bands Upgrade

For those who've recently ordered and received their bands, did you get a shipping notice or anything? Or did the bands just arrive? I also ordered a set on 7/3 (and on 7/6), so I'm just wondering if I need to wait until after I get a notice to expect anything or keep an eye out (i.e., run enthusiastically to the mailbox each day I get home).

For those who've recently ordered and received their bands, did you get a shipping notice or anything? Or did the bands just arrive? I also ordered a set on 7/3 (and on 7/6), so I'm just wondering if I need to wait until after I get a notice to expect anything or keep an eye out (i.e., run enthusiastically to the mailbox each day I get home).
I ordered last week and only got the confirmation email. According to USPS tracking, they should arrive tomorrow, but Disney didn’t send a shipping notice.

I got an email saying they had been shipped.

I got an confirmation email that had a link to track my package. And with the tracking link you can put in your phone number and get text updates. So, that is what I did. It gave me text updates on where it was and when it arrived in my local postoffice and when it was delivered.

this upgrading of the bands has been an exercise in frustration. I have a split stay and both times my younger D;s is not available only at checkout and then it just replaces her with a grey one. ugh. .....they do have nice options though. ONly 2 of the 5 of us were able to get anything though.

Just thought of something Im sure has been discussed before - I had to cancel and rebook a hotel stay, for which I had a premium Magic Band ordered - I would assume they would charge me for the balance of the band. Here is the kicker, I'm Canadian and they don't ship them here. What would they do in that instance?

Just thought of something Im sure has been discussed before - I had to cancel and rebook a hotel stay, for which I had a premium Magic Band ordered - I would assume they would charge me for the balance of the band. Here is the kicker, I'm Canadian and they don't ship them here. What would they do in that instance?
I would contact Disney and see if they can link them to your new reservation? I’m Canadian also and wondering what they do with our bands. I ordered one the first day they vacate available so Kate April/early May but our trip isn’t until September. Is my daughter’s band already made and sitting somewhere? Lots of unknowns. I haven’t heard here what other international guests have experienced in situations like yours.

Can you see your premium band linked to your new reservation?

I've been trying at random times most days and while the list changes, the order never goes through when I try to pay.

🤯

Every time.

Thing is I don't know if it's something with my browsers or if refresh would really do it or if I should attempt a call to customer service.

Has anyone been able to order Captain America?
I have been trying for days, different computers, different browsers, incognito mode, mid-morning update, late at night, early morning etc. and haven't had any luck. Have tried getting various themed bands for everyone in the party and have tried solid colour for 3 out of 4 and just Captain America. Although Captain America always seems to be one of the ones available, have not been able to order it yet.

Both, for my first 2 orders I received shipping notifications with tracking numbers. For the order I placed on the 4th I didn't receive one, they arrived on the 6th.

I received an email with tracking info but I did not receive the Disney luggage tags like I had in the past. My TA said Disney was having issues getting that right and she contacted them and I just received them from Disney over the weekend. It was about 3 weeks after the bands arrived.

Just wanted to give an update about my experience... I ordered 1 upgraded band and 2 regular bands back on June 21. They ended up arriving less than a week later on June 27, and all bands were as ordered. I still have yet to be charged the $10 for my upgraded band (it showed up as pending on my cc the day I ordered it and then disappeared).

Has anyone else not been charged for their upgraded bands? It's been over 2 weeks since my order was placed, so I would have thought it would be on my cc by now. Not complaining though!

I've been trying at random times most days and while the list changes, the order never goes through when I try to pay.

🤯

Every time.

Thing is I don't know if it's something with my browsers or if refresh would really do it or if I should attempt a call to customer service.
I called customer service, sat on hold for an hour and they said they can't order them, I had a issues with them putting holds on my CC everytime it tried. It was quite the process and wasted my time and long distance fees to be told to keep trying.

🤯

Every time.

Yeah, I am seeing the random selection as well. I should've grabbed that Huanted Mansion one when I saw it, but I wanted to look through the others. I've checked intermittently and have seen it change every time, with some disappearing and reappearing (not that HM one though, grr!). I have not tried to check out yet though.

Tried to order multiple times. Each time it said unable to process request. I guess just keep attempting until my last day to order ordinary colors. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Tried to order multiple times. Each time it said unable to process request. I guess just keep attempting until my last day to order ordinary colors. 🤷🏻‍♀️

That's where I am too. The HM one came back up, but I can't complete the order. It's frustrating.

Yeah this system is really broken. I didn't order initially because I couldn't make up my mind, then they all sold out. I finally saw the one I wanted, but could not order without an error. I finally ordered one, looked like the transaction went through, but then nothing. When I went back to the website, it said I had no Magicband selected. Now the one I wanted is gone again....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter