Magic Bands Upgrade

Yup been trying to order the two stitch ones for my daughter since last night.... can’t get even one in a cart. So frustrating
I wonder if they really do have them in stock, I haven't been able to add them since the first day.

I guess I’m happy that the one I want (Minnie with the little bows only that showed up the first day or 2) so I only get as far as looking at options and not trying to complete a purchase. I’m not convinced I’ll be buying a specialty band this trip. Will try again next year if this is still an option.

Hoping if it is, that by then they will have all the current problems ironed out.

I just managed to check out with stitch and the pineapple swirl band 🥳

order just went thru: $40.00
dh: toy story all characters. ds: donald ds: sorcerer mickey me: castle white sketch
paid with cc. went thru they say. email confirmed after purchase.
i wouldve wanted genie for my son as he wanted it but we just couldn't wait anymore so he chose mickey sorcerer.
not even a tink btw! just sayin

More bands are on again, however same situation that keeps happening for us, can't check out and by the time I get back in 2 of the ones we want seem to be out of stock. Wouldn't mind but one of the ones in stock today is one that was saying out of stock yesterday, I can never get it where all 4 we would like are available. Think it will be vinyl wraps for us.

I was finally able to check out just now using private mode in safari. I didn’t get the toy story band or dole whip one which were my first choices. But we did get Olaf, Belle, All about the bow and Minnie bows. I have been trying to complete this order for days. It’s really upsetting, and I don’t think I’d put up with this with any other company. Why is it ok for Disney to treat its customers like this??

We have a split stay in 37 days, so it's telling us we only have 5 days and 6 days to complete our orders (who knows why - doesn't make sense with the new 11 days out schedule or even the old 30 day out one ??). I was FINALLY able to get an order through after months of either trying or trying to find where there were actually 4 bands available at once that we all want. My wife and daughter both got Captain Marvel, and got the black Toy Story one for my son. Supposedly got the Haunted Mansion one for myself, and it went through, but now it shows just a blank white circle for mine where it shows the correct MBs for the other 3, so who knows. It also took a couple tries with error messages trying to check out. Now I'm trying for the second batch, and I was trying for a while, was able to add Sorcerer Mickey (for me) and Dole Whip (for my daughter - she really wants it, but doesn't eat Dole Whip - go figure, she's 5), but could never get to checkout screen. Looks like Flynn Rider (son) and white Castle (wife) were working. Now that they've changed what's available again, can't match up 4 that we all want again. Grrrrr. It's like they're just messing with everyone - hey, we'll say this is briefly available, there are 4 in stock, let's just frustrate everyone. Aaaand GO!

I have been checking daily but there were so few available that I didn't try to order, despite my faves being available since every one else's were not, now my there are more available but no more dole whip or snacks, where were available before, lol...so now I have added my kids bands, but can't add my husbands or mine. I haven't tried to check out yet, so who knows if that would be successful or not, but I'm not sure if I should just load other choices for my husband and me or leave the cart for a while and hope for the best! It is quite a crapshoot! :confused3

The irony is that I have never purchased an upgraded magic band and I have never felt like it was something I wanted enough to pay for - even when there were ones that I really liked! And now I really want one, lol! :headache:

We have a split stay in 37 days, so it's telling us we only have 5 days and 6 days to complete our orders (who knows why - doesn't make sense with the new 11 days out schedule or even the old 30 day out one ??). I was FINALLY able to get an order through after months of either trying or trying to find where there were actually 4 bands available at once that we all want. My wife and daughter both got Captain Marvel, and got the black Toy Story one for my son. Supposedly got the Haunted Mansion one for myself, and it went through, but now it shows just a blank white circle for mine where it shows the correct MBs for the other 3, so who knows. It also took a couple tries with error messages trying to check out. Now I'm trying for the second batch, and I was trying for a while, was able to add Sorcerer Mickey (for me) and Dole Whip (for my daughter - she really wants it, but doesn't eat Dole Whip - go figure, she's 5), but could never get to checkout screen. Looks like Flynn Rider (son) and white Castle (wife) were working. Now that they've changed what's available again, can't match up 4 that we all want again. Grrrrr. It's like they're just messing with everyone - hey, we'll say this is briefly available, there are 4 in stock, let's just frustrate everyone. Aaaand GO!
I've been trying all morning to get the HM one for myself. It successfully added, then I added others for my family. Tried to check out and it wouldn't let me. Now every time I get a band added for someone, at least one other person's disappears. The HM one has shown "available" all morning, but it keeps disappearing, and now won't let me add it back on at all.

I'd been trying to do all of this on my phone (supposedly successfully placed a different order a couple days ago from my phone - we'll see what arrives in the mail). I tried my laptop, and when I opened the website, it immediately came up w a message that NO upgraded MB are available. But then let me select some for my family anyway? Now the only one I CAN'T add is the HM one for me (which of course is the one I *really* want).

ETA: I closed the tab on my phone and tried to reopen. Now when I select the "My MagicBands and Cards" page, it comes up with a white screen. The ONLY thing on it is black text at the top left that says, "Your MagicBand Order."

just tried. Trying to add either stitch selection to my sons seems to error it out. Just can't get to the checkout part. Does my son have to have a ticket? Wife and I have annual passes but he does not.

hmmmm.... after some testing, I can get to the checkout with just about any bands except vader, and the 2 stitch ones. Guess which ones my son would want?

They keep adding Dole Whip one, which my daughter really wants, but it just will not add/work (same problem yesterday). So frustrating.

just tried. Trying to add either stitch selection to my sons seems to error it out. Just can't get to the checkout part. Does my son have to have a ticket? Wife and I have annual passes but he does not.
This has been my experience too. Was able to add haunted mansion for myself but can’t get the stitch one still listed as available to add to my daughter.

They keep adding Dole Whip one, which my daughter really wants, but it just will not add/work (same problem yesterday). So frustrating.

We finally got through with that one yesterday - got it to work on my wife's phone so maybe try another device?

We finally got through with that one yesterday - got it to work on my wife's phone so maybe try another device?

I'll try again tomorrow if they reload them again. Yesterday when I was trying, I did try Chrome, Safari, and Incognito on Chrome. Maybe I'll try my phone or iPad tomorrow too. The next problem will be whether all 4 become available at the same time again - doubt I'll be so lucky to have that happen again and have it actually work.

I would have been happy enough if they'd just added new color choices and hadn't bothered messing with us with all of this.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter