Magic band Upgrades

Rockraj31

Earning My Ears
Trying to book my Magic bands upgrades today but when I get to payment it says theres a problem and throws out the magic bands VERY FRUSTRATING

Yeah, they've sold out. Sometimes the payments are going through but then Disney are issuing a refund. No date yet to when more will be back in stock.

Been on since 9am this morning everytime I try and may tells me to contact customer services

I got mine ordered last week for September and received a confirmation email, but the payment has now been refunded, so don’t get your hopes up even if it goes through 🤦‍♀️

Tried logging in today to see the options, not realizing these were a limited qty item, only basic are available. But if Disney sees it as popular and a money maker I don't see why they wouldn't keep adding inventory.

This was the reply that I got to my email...

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort!

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you and your family in your planning.

Due to strong popularity, the option to upgrade to a Premium MagicBands is unavailable. You may continue to choose from a selection of complimentary solid-color MagicBands. Please know that we are working to replenish our inventory as soon as possible.

We look forward to seeing you and your family on your upcoming visit!

If you have any other questions or challenges, please do not hesitate to contact us by calling us at 407-W-DISNEY (407-934-7639) or by chatting with us in the Help Center of the Walt Disney World®website (only available on the US site). Cast Members will be happy to assist you further.

Disney Signature Services told me to call this free number for MB issues. I haven't tried it yet so please report back if they can help. 0800 169 0749.

We have also been looking every day to see if this system is sorted. We don’t go until August so still have some time for Disney to sort the system.

They still seem to have all of the options available in the parks though so if anyone does not get to upgrade before they go, Disney should just issue a voucher for the $15 so you can upgrade when you get there. Little more hassle but at least people don’t miss out due to technical problems!

I ordered the premium magic bands a few weeks ago when they were first released. Since then, I have been unable to even get back onto the page where they display them all. I just keep getting the 7 Dwarves popping up and telling me that there's an issue with the page and to check back later. Is anyone else having this problem?

I ordered the premium magic bands a few weeks ago when they were first released. Since then, I have been unable to even get back onto the page where they display them all. I just keep getting the 7 Dwarves popping up and telling me that there's an issue with the page and to check back later. Is anyone else having this problem?
Me! I've actually emailed Disney and my order has basically been put on hold as I don't go until September. If they have the right bands in stock nearer the time then I'll get them, if they don't then I won't! So I think that page is what they are doing to people in our situation? You should have also had an email saying that your order is on hold?

I thought I would provide my experience with this for a recent account of the issues people are facing with regard to ordering the new premium magic bands. On the first day the premium bands were available, I ordered a premium magic band for myself (Tinkerbell) and my husband (Sorcerer Mickey) for a upcoming trip to Disney World starting on 7/22/19. I received an email with a confirmation number stating the order was placed. One week later, I received an email stating that due to popularity, there would be a delay in my magic bands being shipped but that I should rest assured they would be coming. Last week, I noticed that when I signed on to my account on My Disney Experience, the photo of the premium band I ordered for myself was showing up next to my icon but there was only a plain gray band showing up by my husband's icon. I checked our bank account and saw there was a $20.00 pending charge that had just been submitted from Disney. I immediately called Disney and was told that since the pending charge was $20.00, not to worry and we would both be getting our premium magic bands. They told me the correct photo of the premium band I ordered for my husband not showing up on my account on My Disney Experience was just a technical error. The day after the Pending charge showed up on my bank account, I received an email with a tracking number saying my magic bands had shipped. At this point, I was excited and thought everything was OK. Well, when the magic bands arrived, mine was correct, but the magic band they sent my husband was a plain grey one. So, I called Disney again and was on hold for over an hour with a very nice CM who was trying to find out what the procedures were to notify the correct entity about my problem. She found out what the procedures were and told me she sent an email to the company who is in charge of distributing the premium magic bands. She told me if I did not hear back from this company within a few days, to call her back and she would escalate the problem higher. I received an email yesterday (in less than 24 hours) from the company saying that the premium magic band I ordered for my husband was out of stock and they did not know when it would be back in stock. They assured me they would revert the $20.00 pending charge on my bank account to $10.00 (which they did). They provided me with a Discount Code that they told me I could use on the Shop Disney Website to order my husband a premium magic band from there. They advised there was a very good selection of magic bands currently available on that website. The discount code was for $15.00 off any magic band, expect limited edition ones, and it included FREE shipping. My husband looked at the available magic bands on the website and they actually had a Sorcerer Mickey one that he liked even better than the one he did not get so we placed the order. With the discount code, the cost of the Magic band was only $9.99 which is the same cost as the one he did not get originally. The magic band is expected to ship in 2-3 days and I am confident we will get this one. In addition to the email I received from the company, I also got a voicemail message on my cellphone where they gave me a number to call for my husband to select a different premium magic band from the ones they still had in stock it he wanted. However, he was very happy with the one on the Shop Disney Website so we ended up not calling the number back. Overall, I am disappointed that Disney did not anticipate the high number of people who would take advantage of the new option to upgrade magic bands for only $10.00 but they way they handled my issue when I contacted them was exemplary and I am very satisfied with the way it was handled. I hope this discount offer is made available to other people who end up not getting the magic bands they ordered.

Glad you managed to get it sorted! I still don't know why Disney doesn't say you can either order a coloured one free of charge or get a voucher for $15 off one in the parks so you could just go and buy one if you wanted one when there. It would make the whole process easier.

That would be a nice option for Disney to offer. Perhaps they will offer that option in the future.

They could even offer a $15 gc if you decline the bands. They offer a giftcard if you decline housekeeping at moderate and value resorts (i think they do) so if you decline the magicband then they could give you a digital gift card. i mean you are still spending it at Disney. I have a ton of magic bands and as long as they still work then i would much rather have an incentive to decline them if i don't need them.

They could even offer a $15 gc if you decline the bands. They offer a giftcard if you decline housekeeping at moderate and value resorts (i think they do) so if you decline the magicband then they could give you a digital gift card. i mean you are still spending it at Disney. I have a ton of magic bands and as long as they still work then i would much rather have an incentive to decline them if i don't need them.

I agree this would be a great option.

Hurrah I think.... I've had an email saying that my magic bands have shipped to the resort which, as they don't send the plain ones out this far in advance, makes me think it must be the upgraded ones! They are also showing on my MDE for the first time. Hopefully the charge will appear on my credit card soon and my nerves will be soothed!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter