Magic Band Shipping Experiences

Sharpdisney

Mouseketeer
Hi, there were lots of threads on here with folks asking about Magic Band shipping time, etc. I just wanted to post our experience before I forgot the details.

We are in Michigan. Our departure date is Feb. 24, a slow to moderate time.

I had customized my MB prior to the deadline and confirmed my address.
My deadline was 30 days before our departure.
The very next day, MDE status changed to "Your bands are being customized, check back soon for shipping information."
25 days before my departure, on a Friday, I received the email that they had shipped. I checked the tracking and it stated they were in Memphis the day before (which would have been 26 days before departure).
They arrived the following Monday, which was 22 days before departure.

Just thought I'd share in case others were curious or watching that mailbox!

I got my email the other day with tracking confirmation. Says they are in Memphis also but shows expected delivery date of 2/26/15. Our trip is on 3/4, seems kind of odd that it would take that long for them to get here

Well, ours have been "customizing" since 2/2. Our last 2 trips with magic bands, they were only customizing for 2 days, shipped out, and we had them 3-4 days later. We leave 3/5. Interested to see what happens over the next few days lol!

Well, ours have been "customizing" since 2/2. Our last 2 trips with magic bands, they were only customizing for 2 days, shipped out, and we had them 3-4 days later. We leave 3/5. Interested to see what happens over the next few days lol!

Yeah, I just find it odd that they are sitting in Memphis from now until delivery on the 26th? I don't know why they could be taking so long to get here. I haven't seen anything about our second set either, we're staying at CSR before our cruise and CB after

we leave on the 27th of Feb and our still says Customize quickly magic bands will ship at any moment...

Mine have been "customizing" for 11 days now. Check back "soon" for shipping information. We leave in 20 days (3/9).

We just got ours today. We leave March 7.

We got our DME luggage tags today, also.

Customized our AP bands on Feb 10th, they shipped on the 11th, and got here today, the 17th. So 7 days shipping including weekend and presidents day.

Anytime we've customized they've been shipped within 24 hours and usually take about 3 days to get to the door

They delay sending until very close to your trip so people don't get them and then lose track of them because they received them too early.

Just a question, I customized our bands and hit DONE. (Granted I have 17 days til they have to be done it says). Will they wait til those 17 days are up before they process the order? I thought maybe if I hit done, it would go ahead & process it but I havent gotten any type of email.

I ordered our 2015 Annual Passholder bands on a Monday in January and they were delivered on that Friday.

I customized mine the other day about 50 days prior, but when I check back it says all my bands are customized and I can update it up till 30 days before my visit. Nothing about them being processing or shipped. Did I do something wrong?

I have read that if the name on the reservation doesn't match the name on mde there may be an issue in. Shipping ie if you are joseph on your reservation because of credit card but used joe 8 mde they might delay the shipping to confirm things are right

I think my problem is they sent it as Parcel Select, which is essentially the slowest way they could do it

I called them and was assured that even if they don't make it before we leave, they can be picked up at the resort when we check in

We got the email on 2/13 saying that our bands shipped out via USPS Parcel Post and they arrived this evening 2/17. Arrival day is 3/14.

I customized mine the other day about 50 days prior, but when I check back it says all my bands are customized and I can update it up till 30 days before my visit. Nothing about them being processing or shipped. Did I do something wrong?

They don't ship out until about 30 days or less before your trip. They don't want to ship bands months in advance, then people misplace or lose them. Also helps for those that might change their mind on what color they want.

So no you didn't do anything wrong. Look for them to ship out around your 30 day out mark

Also, for those who book a last minute trip only say 2 weeks out. When you customize your magic band's, you must customize them all on the same day. The day you start customizing, it'll lock that night at midnight to be customized and shipped out the next day. So if you have multiple bands and start one at 10pm, it'll lock that same night. So don't start one, then wait for the rest

Just a question, I customized our bands and hit DONE. (Granted I have 17 days til they have to be done it says). Will they wait til those 17 days are up before they process the order? I thought maybe if I hit done, it would go ahead & process it but I havent gotten any type of email.

It will still give you the additional time incase you want to change your magic band.

I think my problem is they sent it as Parcel Select, which is essentially the slowest way they could do it

I called them and was assured that even if they don't make it before we leave, they can be picked up at the resort when we check in

The first year we got the, they were still "testing" and had only rolled out to a few resorts. They were sent by Fed Ex or UPS and got here in 2 days. Now they ship parcel post and it takes forever.

They delay sending until very close to your trip so people don't get them and then lose track of them because they received them too early.
Actually, it is because people cancel and this is Disney's way of not sending a bunch of souvenir magic bands.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter