Magic band plus- confirmed news from Disney.

from the linked Disney article said:
Before you embark on these experiences, make sure your MagicBand+ is charged, up to date and paired to your device. We’ve got you covered with easy how-to videos on DisneyWorld.com so you can get right to it.
Sounds like fun ... another thing to keep "charged, up to date and paired" ... hmmmmmm.

Just based on past experience, there's been a 2 week to 2 month 'lag' from when WDW gets things to when when DL does. So I expect DL to get MBs somewhere in mid-August to 'whenever it happens'. Just my 2¢ worth. And worth every penny of that 2¢. :rotfl2:

But thanks for this info! We're headed to WDW in 2023 and now I'll be able to start my 'research' on how things are going there starting the end of this month!!!

<alert> my memory sucks <end alert> I remember seeing something somewhere (maybe the video on the early release MB+ a few months ago?) that seems to indicate that the 'mechanics' of charging the MB+ is going to be a real pain in the you-know-where. Nothing about actual battery life that I recall.

Anyone know if the Magic Bands (when they come to DLR) will be used for DAS ride returns? Or would we still need to use our phones for that.

Ugh. I didn't know they were coming to DL. I am 100% not interested in using them. In fact, we haven't been back to WDW since they were instituted.

Ugh. I didn't know they were coming to DL. I am 100% not interested in using them. In fact, we haven't been back to WDW since they were instituted.

They will be optional. No one will have to use them. They will also be $35 each.

They will be optional. No one will have to use them. They will also be $35 each.
Excellent. I have no issue using my phone instead. I can have all three of our tickets on my phone correct? Sorry for all the questions. This is all new to us.

Excellent. I have no issue using my phone instead. I can have all three of our tickets on my phone correct? Sorry for all the questions. This is all new to us.

Absolutely! We use the phones for everything since the reopening. I have all our family magic keys linked to my account and just have my kids use my login for the app on their own phones. Its super easy to use the phone for everything. We don't even have physical tickets. I also use Google Pay when I am not mobile ordering (like at snack and merch carts). All the locations accept Apple Pay/Google Pay.

Absolutely! We use the phones for everything since the reopening. I have all our family magic keys linked to my account and just have my kids use my login for the app on their own phones. Its super easy to use the phone for everything. We don't even have physical tickets. I also use Google Pay when I am not mobile ordering (like at snack and merch carts). All the locations accept Apple Pay/Google Pay.
That's great. My husband doesn't want to download the app so I will manage it all on my phone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter