Magic Band mini-vent

As far as I know they will be shipped or handed to you. Might as well customize them. With the two I got in October (customized one then thought I left it at home so I got a grey one at the resort) and the 4 coming up for our January trip with 4 separate reservations, I'll have all colors but yellow. And I like it that way. :) DH and DS aren't as thrilled as I am, but they're trying to have some fun with it. :) Except for when you're actually at the resort, where is the opt out spot? I think so, too. Even with the shipping, you just KNOW that they have some sort of AMAZING deal with UPS right now. Companies have amazing pull with shipping companies; the prices they charge us are certainly not the prices they are being charged!

I will have 5 in October!! What you do now is start to decorate them yourself. Right now, I have a sparkly pink one with rhinestones and a Christmas one with sparkly red. Am planning a Minnie band in May. Then a Halloween band in Oct, followed by a black sparkly one with silver bling!

Thanks for the heads up! I think what will work in our favor is that we're moving to BLT, so we can stop there for the Band update and just walk to MK.

I bought our tickets today and it seems to have linked to our reservation successfully, but it will only let me make FP+ selections for myself. I'm hoping that once DH accepts my request to manage his MDE stuff it'll let me do his, and that this isn't some weird glitch.

I had the same issue due all the tickets when linked showed up in my name for our upcoming trip. I went to MDE and found the tickets that had been linked. You can then reassign the tickets to all the members of your group. fastpass will then work for everyone. It took me about 45 min to figure out why I was the only one able to do a fastpass. Hopefully this will help if you have not already figured it out.

We have a multi-stay vacation coming up in March so we used chose different colors figuring we'll have options for different outfits. :)

It doesn't look like you can attach the TIW card - can anyone confirm this?

We have a multi-stay vacation coming up in March so we used chose different colors figuring we'll have options for different outfits. :) It doesn't look like you can attach the TIW card - can anyone confirm this?

At this time, you cannot link the TiW card. Supposedly this is coming in the future.

We are psyched about the bands and kind of bummed we're only getting one set so far :)

I think people probably overestimate the cost of the bands. The military gives RFID bands out free as part of their airshow walkthrough displays (you use the bands in the displays to trigger custom videos, etc). You keep the bracelet when you leave. I found a box of similar bands, 500 for $75, and that isn't even a bulk price. The perceived value is much higher than the actual value; it has more to do with the shipping and presentation than the cost of the bands. But you must have faith that Disney is still making money :) Don't worry too much about the mouse's wallet.

I am sure they have done testing that reveals people spend MORE with the bands... and I'm sure it's enough to offset the shipping and manufacture.

Looks like the cost of the bands and the new system warrants a second price increase for for all tickets within 9 months. I agree, you don't have to worry too much about he mouse's wallet for the cost is passed on the customer.

My fam and I will be having a split stay also in the fall.

I found this very helpful. Thx!!:blush:

OlaftheSnowman

Looks like the cost of the bands and the new system warrants a second price increase for for all tickets within 9 months. I agree, you don't have to worry too much about he mouse's wallet for the cost is passed on the customer.

Disney has stated that the bands are resulting in a 20% increase in spending due to their convenience, I think that they have paid for themselves many times over.

:earsboy: Bill

Put the blame of these price increases where they belong. Runaway inflation and a pay increase for CMs.

Put the blame of these price increases where they belong. Runaway inflation and a pay increase for CMs.

Disney Parks and Resorts has been posting millions and millions in profit every quarter, seems that greed might also be a factor.

:earsboy: Bill

We have done 2 split stays with Magic Bands. Both times both bands could be used at both resorts. We will be doing this again next month.

I wish the would curtail the amount of mailings they send when you book a room. Just today I got two reminders for the same thing telling me "starting Feb 1 you can book your FP+" UM I got this mail on Feb 24.

Oh and this is for a vacation that was scheduled for April that I cancelled 3 weeks ago and rebooked for the summer.

There should be an opt out or at least email this info. Saves on postage and printing materials.

This doesn't seem accurate. Inflation hasn't been "runaway."

Let's face it the CM were underpaid, so I don't mind that aspect.

Simple fact is the parks are increasingly crowded and the demand is there. So prices go up (yes costs go up too, but again, inflation is not runaway). Disney is doing very well financially. They have an obligation to continue that to their shareholders.

A 30% spike in fuel costs in the last month, grocery prices up 20% year over year. Seems like inflation is running rampant. It's causing everything to go up and those in business see it clearly. A 5% increase in tickets seems small but it is just a symptom of a huge problem. Sorry, this is about the happiest place on earth. I'll shut up now. :)

Well it is a good thing I saw this post I had no idea that with a split stay in March I would be getting another set of bands. I wonder how you would know this. So had to got into that stupid site and try to find them and sure enough there they were and almost ready to ship. We are now down in Fl and I had to change the shipping address too.. What a waste of money and more confusion.
This is no longer fun and a pleasure , it is total aggravation to say the least. We had them in Oct for out trip and that was a pain and now even before we get there they are a pain.
This is no longer fun. It used to be fun booking and thinking about it and enjoyment, now it is stress before and stress while there. Maybe if you do this once in a life time or not that often this is cool but for me..... I do not need this. So sad, this used to be my happy place, not anymore.:sad2::sad2::sad2:

I wish they came in purple. So far I have pink, green, blue, and yellow. I don't want the gray one! :confused3

Latest posts

facebook twitter