Magic Band at Disney World AND Disneyland?

You can use Magicbands in WDW but not at Disneyland. The new Magicbands, Magicband+, are coming to Disneyland but there has been no information as to when those are releasing. Not sure if this has changed with Genie+ but for Fastpasses you can use your phone or at least I did when I went in 2019 and had zero issues.

I'm more trying to figure out if they're worth the investment for us - we probably won't be in WDW for at least another 3 -5 years. But I plan to spend quite a bit more time in Dinseyland.
You can use Magicbands in WDW but not at Disneyland. The new Magicbands, Magicband+, are coming to Disneyland but there has been no information as to when those are releasing. Not sure if this has changed with Genie+ but for Fastpasses you can use your phone or at least I did when I went in 2019 and had zero issues.

If you aren't going to WDW frequently, then I wouldn't buy a Magicband. Even when Magicband+ releases it is unclear whether the original Magicbands will work in Disneyland (I googled it and I'm getting some inconsistant results so for now I would say...maybe?) You can get a physical card at your hotel if you are staying on property (both WDW and DL) or at guest relations. You can also use your phone as a park ticket + what you use to scan into Lightning Lanes.

Last edited:
I’m at Disneyland more frequently than DisneyWorld.

We have only been to DisneyWorld one time in the last 10 years. Still, for us magic bands for our week long trip was completely worth it. We were staying on site which also let us use it for our room key, in addition to paying for things, rides, park entry, etc.

Sure we could have used our phones, watch, or tickets. But we found the ease of the magic band worth the cost

No doubt that value is different for everyone but I’m glad we got them!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter