Maddie Makes a Wish

Aw. :goodvibes Are you going to the GKTW parties? :)

Yep. Pretty much all of them. Maddie LOVES parties and "pretends" to have a party for someone in the house (parents, stuffied animals, AG doll) pretty much every day. One of her favorite things to do is to go to the Dollar Store and get party things. We are really, really hoping that we will be staying at GKTW so that we can attend them all. I'm getting so anxious because I know that we'll have our dates any day now, but I don't know what the hold-up is. They told us last week that they were "almost ready" to schedule, but we don't know what that means.

Day #10: Maddie: "I want to go to the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique and become a princess"

Maddie did this when we went to WDW about 18 months ago and she LOVED it. This will be tricky this trip, since we're finding out our dates so close to the time we need to travel and we probably won't be able to get a reservation. And, we are trying hard to not spend any extra money other than what MAW gives us, so may not be able to fit BBB into the budget. She talks about it every day though :(

Day #11: Maddie: "I want to go on the Haunted Mansion ride and see some friendly ghosts. They're nice, right?"

I was really hoping that I'd be able post here and say that we got our dates, but nothing yet. Last Friday, we heard that they were "almost" ready to book our trip, so we assumed that we'd definitely hear something this week. Last night, my mom received some paperwork that she needed to sign, since she'll be going on the trip. She faxed it back to MAW last night. I was still hoping that with that step taken care of, we'd hear something today. But nothing other than "they are working on it." I know it hasn't even been three weeks since we met our wish granters and that I just need to be patient, but it is SO hard! I went on to the Disney Dining Reservations website last night, just to see if any of the restaurants we want are available for the time frame we requested, but of course everything is booked. And I'm getting nervous, since Maddie really, really wants to stay at GKTW and I know they are probably pretty much booked for our time frame (late April to early May). I know that whatever happens, and even if we can't stay at GKTW or get our choice of "special" meals, we'll still have an incredible time. I just really, really want our dates!!! Pity party over :)

:hug: I totally understand - we waited & waited, and our window for booking excursions & stuff opened, and by time we were able to book, there wasn't enough spaces for all of us. I hope you get dates soon, are able to stay at GKTW, and can get the dining you want. Keep trying on the dining, people change their reservations all the time.

So cute about the parties she throws. :)

Maybe you could do your own smaller scale version of BBB? This was several years ago, so I'm not sure if the items are readily available now, but we bought a princess sash & a tiny tiara at Claires, hair glitter wands that look like mascara, and body glitter spray. Angel got a lot of compliments, and we were able to do it every day.

Has she been on Haunted Mansion before? :) Our first trip, Angel was scared, and pulled her Santa hat down over face & wouldn't come out until the ride was over. :santa:

Day #12: Maddie "Do they have purple slushies, Mommy? I want one. If they don't have purple, I can have red. That's okay. But I need a slushie at Disney. Ok, mommy?"

I justed wanted to let you know that I'm now following along on your PTR. Can't wait to hear all about Maddie's wish. :goodvibes
Loved reading about all the things she wants to do on her trip. :lovestruc

your daughter is so precious, I love reading about all of the things she wants to do!! :)

I really hope that you get your dates soon, and that you are able to do some of the things you want to do. Like you said though, the entire trip will be full of memories that you will have forever, so soak them in no matter what! :goodvibes

I am finally joining in, Thanks for signing our TR so I could find you! :goodvibes:goodvibes Maddie is precious and I loved Christi's idea about the book...instead of YOU illustrating it, why not have Maddie do the drawings and you write what she has told you...then you could put it all in sleeve protectors and a binder for her to have always. I have quite a few books my children have done this way and it makes my heart sing to read them, even years later.

I am finally joining in, Thanks for signing our TR so I could find you! :goodvibes:goodvibes Maddie is precious and I loved Christi's idea about the book...instead of YOU illustrating it, why not have Maddie do the drawings and you write what she has told you...then you could put it all in sleeve protectors and a binder for her to have always. I have quite a few books my children have done this way and it makes my heart sing to read them, even years later.

I really like this idea and am trying to find a way to make it work for her. She really struggles to write, color, draw, etc. but I'm thinking that she could find pictures online and glue them to "illustrate" the book. I agree that it would be awesome to have the book that we can all read later (and bring with us to remember all of her "must do" activities)! Thanks for following us!

Day #13: Maddie: "I want to swim with Ariel"
Mommy: "Really? Where would you swim with her?"
Maddie: "On the ride, mama. You told me that there was a ride"
Mommy: "There is"
Maddie: "So I want to swim with Ariel"

Hi! Following along!

I hope Maddie has a great time! I love all of the wishes, so cute! I think that she and my Jenna would get along well!

We have our dates!! :yay: We'll be staying at GKTW from April 28 to May 4. So, so excited!!! Maddie turns 5 1/2 on Wednesday (yes, we celebrate every milestone here!) so I will probably tell her then! MAW is still waiting on some final paperwork from our doctor and then will schedule the flights. :banana: (I just like that banana smilie)

Hello, just read the start of your wish trip, Maddie is a beautiful girl, I hope her Wish Trip is everything that she wishes for.

My DD was granted a wish back in 2011, I did not know this board existed when her wish trip was granted. It is a good place to connect with other parents & to get lots of info. We went back this year for a return trip & I done lots of research, I was better prepared this time.

God Bless!

Yay for dates! :cheer2: And for half birthdays :) Sometimes we do Angel's birthday celebration with friends on her half birthday instead, because that falls in summer when we can go swimming or something, and also not have to worry about bad weather.

Day #15: Maddie: "I want to go on the plane and eat snacks. Can we get an banana in the airport again?"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter