Luggage

slypan

Earning My Ears
Hello all,

When using the Magical*Express, your luggage is sent to your resort directly. When do you get? We plan on checking in around noon. Should we just head off to a park and our luggage will be in our room when we get back? Also, we will have carry-ons when we arrive, can we leave then at the hotel (POFQ) if our room is not ready?

Thx

Hello all,

When using the Magical*Express, your luggage is sent to your resort directly. When do you get? We plan on checking in around noon. Should we just head off to a park and our luggage will be in our room when we get back? Also, we will have carry-ons when we arrive, can we leave then at the hotel (POFQ) if our room is not ready?

Thx

You are exactly right! :thumbsup2 You'll want to plan on heading to the parks that afternoon after you check-in, you can leave your cell phone number and they will call you when your room is ready! :) Any carry-ons can be left with bell services. Once you get back to the resort and into your room just call bell services and they will bring your luggage and carry-ons to you.

If your room is ready before you head out to the parks, yes, your checked luggage will be (should be) waiting in your room when you get back.

ME says your luggage will be delivered to your room up to 3 hours after you have checked into your resort. I have found that is usually accurate.

Your checked luggage that has the yellow tags will be picked up at the airport and delivered directly to your room regardless if you are there or not. If you have carry-ons you can store them with luggage service at the resort. Those you will have to call for when you get back to your room or just pick them up yourself.

You may get lucky and your room will be ready when you check in and you can just drop off your carry-ons in your room before you head to the park.

If you have carry-ons you can store them with luggage service at the resort. Those you will have to call for when you get back to your room or just pick them up yourself.

That brings up a point I'm interested in: So, if your room isn't ready at check in and you end up leaving a small carry-on at the bell services desk, you CAN pick it up there yourself when the room is ready? (I'm happy to tip for it, I'd just rather not have to sit up late that evening waiting for the knock at the door.)

karly05 said:
That brings up a point I'm interested in: So, if your room isn't ready at check in and you end up leaving a small carry-on at the bell services desk, you CAN pick it up there yourself when the room is ready? (I'm happy to tip for it, I'd just rather not have to sit up late that evening waiting for the knock at the door.)

Yes, you can p/u, but I still tip.

I pack PJs, swim suit, change of clothes and needed medications/toiletries/sun block, etc in the carry on, so that if ME messes up (and they rarely but sometimes do, or the airline can mess up...), you will have what you need to enjoy your first park day and evening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!