Loved Ssr!!!!!

DavidRoss

Mouseketeer
Just returned from a trip with my father. We spent most of our time at BWV but were fortunate to spend two days at SSR Congress Park section with a 1 bdrm facing Downtown Disney. I have been a member since 1999 and have made 2-4 trips a year to DVC resorts. I have stayed in all of them except HH. But, I tell you, when I walked into that room at SSR I had the same feeling as when I walked into my DVC room the first time 5 years ago. And here's the kicker - I don't own at SSR.

The room was perfect. I loved everything about it. The decor and accents were amazing. I loved the desk in the bedroom and the dark wood furnishings. I think the oblong table is a great idea. Now a gathering of 4 can actually sit at decent size table and eat rather than two at the table and two at the snack bar. The sleeper sofa was great too. There was no bar poking through the cushion into my back. I liked the sleeper so much, I crawled underneath it and took the tag off so I could check out the company that made them and order a replacement for mine at home.

The grounds were immaculate. I can't wait to see it completed. It is going to be massive. I remember some other posts about a third phase of buildings going in. Does anyone know if they have started that phase? I got a map when we checked in and was trying to figure out where it was going to be. I know they are other sections such as The Springs and The Paddock. Are those names referring to phases?

I thought I was pretty comfortable with 375 points but let me tell you, I am running from the add-on monster and I think he is gaining.

What a beautiful resort! Congratulations to all of you who are fortunate enough to own a piece of the SSR magic!

Originally posted by DavidRoss
The sleeper sofa was great too. There was no bar poking through the cushion into my back. I liked the sleeper so much, I crawled underneath it and took the tag off so I could check out the company that made them and order a replacement for mine at home.

You're brave. I don't even have the guts to remove the tags from furniture I own!!!

I'm one of those lucky SSR owners -- less than 2 months and we're there. It will be our first visit home -- thanks for making me anticipate it even more. It sounds wonderful.

I am running from the add-on monster and I think he is gaining.

...Never heard it put that way before - now THAT'S a classic!!

Glad you had a good time!

Here is the website of the manufacturer...with pictures.

http://www.americanleather.com/cs.htm Retails for around $2500 (leather) at Macy's.

It looks like it is also now available to the public in fabrics (rather than leather) from someplace called American Upholstery...but I don't see a website from them. The fabric styles start at around $1400.

Pricey (I guess...I haven't purchased new sofas in 10 years...and let me tell you that it is TIME for new ones at my house) ...but if it is going to be used as a sofa bed regularly (or you have picky in-laws like me) I think it's worth it.

Hi,

Thanks for the report! Glad you had a good time!!!

Allison

As an SSR-owner, I'm glad to hear of your positive experience at SSR. It truly is a beautiful resort.

Good luck with that add-on monster! He can really run you down! LOL

10 bucks says you take advantage of the 130 free AP offer before it ends.... :teeth:

Glad you had a great stay. I look forward to staying at SSR someday!

Thank you so much for your report of my "home" :)

Woohoo! You've made me even more excited about our stay at SSR this December!!! I was kind of concerned with the mixed reviews, but now I feel much better about staying there! After all, I LOVE all the DVC resorts I've stayed at so far!! I just love my home-away-from-home!!!

Kim:earsgirl: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Originally posted by DavidRoss
Does anyone know if they have started that phase? I got a map when we checked in and was trying to figure out where it was going to be.

So-called "Phase Three" will consist of six additional buildings, bringing the total to 18. There was a small map in the last issue of Vacation Magic showing areas marked as proposed construction. Based upon the areas marked and their sizes, it looks like they will probably put two more buildings immediately past the guard shack, to the left of the main entry as you arrive.

The other four buildings will replace the Disney Institute Fairway Villas. This construction area does not appear on the current SSR map. It would be roughtly to the left as you enter, but set back from the current entry drive.

Pull out your copy of the Fall VM, or check for it on-line to see the map I'm referring to.

I know they are other sections such as The Springs and The Paddock. Are those names referring to phases?

Not quite. Phase One was the four buildings in Congress Park which are currently open. These were the only buildings initially slated for construction when SSR was approved in late 2001.

Phase Two represents the buildings in both The Springs and The Paddock, all of which are currently under construction. The three closest to the main pool area are officially "The Springs", while the remaining 5 buildings which surround the pond inside the resort are all part of "The Paddock".

Regarding your potential add-on, don't forget that DVC is still running a promotion whereby you get two free adult Annual Pass vouchers if you purchase 130 or more points at SSR.

Thanks for the great trip report!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter