Loved QS Plan!

W21981Brick

Mouseketeer
Just got back, did QS for a week and loved it. We did not eat burgers and fries but 2 times! I searched the menus for different choices and went to those restaurants. My son(8 yrs) had no problems w/ his choices, a few times we did request fries and he got them. Sometimes we ate at different places than him, which was fine we were not in any hurry. It was worth it when I checked my recipts a few of the days too. WP Express in DDD was great and the bill was $59! Thanks to these boards and really getting the info I need to make wise choices was a huge help.

This is great news Brick! Please tell us where you had the QS and what you ate and enjoyed the most.

:surfweb:

It's funny, we are definitely a deluxe plan family and will be using it for our trip in December to try as many of the signature restaurants we possibly can. But last night we were talking about a possible trip next year & thought maybe the QSP would be fun to try one time especially since we hope to go for the Food & Wine Festival. Would love to hear more about some of the places you ate that weren't burgers & fries!

Some of the places were Seasons Food Court, Yakitori House, & Yorkshire Fish Shop at Epcot. Pizzafari and Yak & Yeti in Animal Kingdom. Cosmic Rays, Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn and of course Caseys Corner in MK. The online menus really helped to make our desisions.

I saw you went to Yakitori House. We ate there on our last trip, in Feb., and really enjoyed it. Do you know if there were restrictions on what you could order there? I thought I heard that one of the combos was off limits.

We're going to use the QSDP this summer and can't wait to try it! Did you go to Pepper Market?

I had not heard of anything being off limits in Japan. Pepper Market was on my list but we never made it there. I wish we could have made it back to DTD to go to Earl of Sandwich and try that too. Oh well mabey next time!

Did you find it was too much food? We used it for this past trip for 9nights, 6ppl. We had 108 CS and 108 S to use and on our last day I took 14meals with us to the airport and brought home 29 snacks. LOL

I felt like all we did was eat too!

Anyway we ate at:
WP Express x2
Cooke's of Dublin
Pepper Market
Sunshine Seasons
Casey's Corner
Cosmic Rays
Pinocchio's x2
Pecos Bill (won't eat there again though)
Flame Tree
a few times at Artist Palette
American Pavilion at Epcot
ABC Commissary

I wanted to eat at Columbia Harbor House but we kept getting there after it closed for the night so never did.

Our totals were never under $50 and mostly $90-$100+

The only disappointment I had was that I couldn't get the salad at Yakitori House in Japan. I always get the teriyaki chicken and salad when I go there, but didn't want to pay any money out of pocket for the salad when I had the dining plan. I had plenty to eat and really enjoyed the ginger cake for dessert (one of the few times I actually ate the dessert with the meal). But I missed my salad.

Is the ribeye steak at Pepper Market allowed as a choice on the QSDP? We are going in a couple of weeks and I hadn't even looked at Pepper Market. The choices there look great! Just wanted to know if we would be allowed to order the steak on the QSDP.

TIA!

What did you get at Casey's? We're using QSDP next week, and I'm curious.

Thanks

Casey's Corner only serves hot dogs. You get a combo meal (fries/dog) and a drink and dessert (cracker jacks or brownie). It's a good, filling, quick meal.

We just got back and used the qs plan as well. We stayed at the poly and at at capt cook's a couple of times. I would say that this plan would be better if you were staying at some place like pop because the large food court. Over all it was pretty good. We also at at Wolfgangs x2 and it was great. May be the best counter service on property.

We also used the advise on the boards about using deserts for muffins and water. We ate the muffins for breakfast and also used snack credits for breakfast as well.

In the end I feel that we probably broke even (we would not have ordered the same foods if we paid out of pocket) but we were given more options and received more food.

ds we had a good moose at abc
mk we had pudding, cake, brownie, and water
ep we had cheese cake and muffin
capt cook's we had dole whip, rice crispy treats, ice cream, apple pie
it is really anything that they have under $4. Just ask the CM on what they have.

ps
I can confirm the tracking of kids counter service credits (or lack there of) as posted in other posts.

Is the ribeye steak at Pepper Market allowed as a choice on the QSDP? We are going in a couple of weeks and I hadn't even looked at Pepper Market. The choices there look great! Just wanted to know if we would be allowed to order the steak on the QSDP.

TIA!

I am pretty sure I've read that you can get the steak, but that it is only offered at dinner now.

TIA!

Yep! I had the Ribeye last week. It was great! It's like a $24 item. Crazy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter