Loss of DH

We’ve talked on another thread, but I’ll mention here that Snowysmom also lost a very beloved pet this summer. 😪

I’m so glad you posted here @Snowysmom. This thread will stick around for a long time and not get lost like it would on the CB. Posters here tend to be really understanding and kind. I know when I had a major loss in my life it was hard to feel like the world went on when mine was falling apart. On some threads it might feel tough hearing about others having fun and doing things while you’re saddled with so much such sadness right now. So this was a good move, I think.

What you lived through was a trauma. Waking up to find your spouse gone is understandably something that will always be hard to think about. I can’t imagine. Sudden deaths are always hard, but what happened with you and your DH, I’m sure, will feel a little unsettling for a long time. Finding others to talk about it with may be helpful. Especially others who’ve lived through a similar trauma. There are so many sad stories out there.

Once you move a little past the trauma (not saying you can ever “get over it”), and get through some of the busywork that sits before you, hopefully remembering the good times will become more prevalent, and you can begin to think about ways you will move forward with your life, the way your DH surely would’ve wanted you to. Think of it as carrying on for both of you. :hug: You will play a big part in helping keep his memory alive for your kids and grandkids, and they will feel fortunate to still have you, even more.

Your sons sound like lovely young men. This is a testament to you and your husband. Take the time you need and try not to feel like a burden. You’re all going through a shared experience and there’s nothing wrong with being together. As I said before, one day at a time. You’ll move through the stages of grief as time goes on. The way you feel today is not the way you’ll feel forever. So hang in there. And know so many of us care.

So very sorry for your loss and the changes that now come with it. Being 67 and DH being 69 I'm always aware how life could change quickly. May you find peace with the memories of the years spent together. :goodvibes: :hug:

So sorry for your loss.
We are doing our foliage drive tomorrow to the White Mountains and will be thinking of you and your husband.
May all your wonderful memories with him bring you comfort to get through the days ahead.

I'm so sorry for your loss, Snowysmom. Sending prayers for peace, comfort or whatever you may need right now. We are here for you.

I'm so very sorry for you. Being roughly your age (just 2 years older), I can't imagine the shock and grief you must feel.

I am so so sorry for your loss. The shock and grief is so overwhelming at a time like this. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. :hug: :grouphug:

I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your lifetime partner, and husband. I am broken-hearted for you. I wish I could say the words to help make you feel better, but they just don't exist. My genuine thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this difficult time. :hug:

You have my heartfelt condolences.

My BFF's Dad passed away suddenly when he was 67. The benefit that you have is that you traveled together and have those memories. My BFF's parents always put off traveling until all of their children were out of school. My BFF was in her second year of med school and her brother was in his 3rd year. Her Mom always instructs everyone to travel and make memories while there is still time because you don't know what you don't know about tomorrow.

Her Mom is in her 90s now and she lives with her other DD, near to my BFF. Her other kids are scattered around, but they are all still very close. Their sense of family didn't leave with their father.

It's too soon for you to have figured out what normal is. I hope that you can find peace in your memories. You will be in my prayers.

Very sorry for your loss. May your memories bring you comfort and random moments of joy in your heart.

My deepest condolences :hug:
I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers

I am so sorry for your loss. There is no good way to die, but given a choice, I would choose to slip peacefully in my sleep with my loved one at my side.

Sending my sympathy, and wishing you peace and comfort in the days that follow.

Know those we loved are always in our hearts. Sweet memories to remember, and make new ones, as life is to go on, hopefully for many more years. Hugs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter