Losing weight for the mouse in 2015

I am so frustrated. I have been tracking everything and exercising like I am supposed to and staying under my calorie goal (to lose 1.5 per week), but nothing is happening I weigh 7 pounds more than before the holidays and I just can't seem to break this. I have enough to lose that I am not near my goal weight (like 100 to lose). I just really need to vent, I have been working really hard between the tracking and the exercising I just wish I knew what was going on.

I'm not as worried about losing weight (okay, I'm a little worried) but I do know that I need to be in better shape! I know that muscle weighs more than fat so if I exercise right and build more muscle, I might even weigh about what I do now, but I will be more fit and should fit into my clothes a lot better. I have told DH that we need to start walking as a family and am hoping that will help us get into shape for the walking that WDW requires as well as get into better shape overall. Right now, I know I have a good 5-10lbs of fat that needs the boot. I also need to reboot my eating to incorporate more veggies again. Fingers crossed we can do this!

I am so frustrated. I have been tracking everything and exercising like I am supposed to and staying under my calorie goal (to lose 1.5 per week), but nothing is happening I weigh 7 pounds more than before the holidays and I just can't seem to break this. I have enough to lose that I am not near my goal weight (like 100 to lose). I just really need to vent, I have been working really hard between the tracking and the exercising I just wish I knew what was going on.

I was having the extra same problem. I started dieting and walking right after Christmas. I did it for a whole month will no weight loss. I was a really heavy coke drinker. It was pretty much my only source of fluid. I completely stopped drinking it. After reading stuff online about cutting out soft drinks, I expected the weight to fall off, but there was no change.

I started weight watchers and it has made a huge difference. I'm down 8 pounds now. I do the Weight Watchers plan, but I don't pay for it. I have an app that was $2.99 called Points Tracker Pro. It's helped a ton!

Good Luck!

I was having the extra same problem. I started dieting and walking right after Christmas. I did it for a whole month will no weight loss. I was a really heavy coke drinker. It was pretty much my only source of fluid. I completely stopped drinking it. After reading stuff online about cutting out soft drinks, I expected the weight to fall off, but there was no change.

I started weight watchers and it has made a huge difference. I'm down 8 pounds now. I do the Weight Watchers plan, but I don't pay for it. I have an app that was $2.99 called Points Tracker Pro. It's helped a ton!

Good Luck!

Thanks I think I may try that. I am just so frustrated I stopped all pop in September (I was 3-4 Cokes a day) and gave up beef then too. I track everything and aside from the holidays (I just didn't) and one week where I was having issues and am always at or under my calorie goal. I exercise on the recumbent 1 hour 5 days a week (600+ calories burned according to the heart rate monitor) and still nothing. It just seems so impossible to me that before I was eating well over 750 calories a day more (way over) than I am now and wasn't gaining, but now I cut them out and start exercising and nothing happens...5 months later and I am down not even 10 pounds...all of which I lost in September and October so I think it was water weight from lowering my sodium (all the pop). Sorry to rant like this, but sometimes I just want to cry. This is why I tend to give up, because when I am giving it my all and nothing happens I feel terrible, but at least when I don't try and I am overweight I can think that I could do it if I wanted to.

Unfortunately I fell down the front steps yesterday and hurt my hip and foot so I will not be exercising the rest of this week and then next week I am working 5 15 hour days so no exercise then either, but next Saturday I will be ready to hit the exercise again too!

Ok so I think I am going to try the Points Tracker Pro and see what happens. How long have you been doing Tracker Pro? Is it self explanatory?

I screwed up the app name. It is actually Pro Tracker Plus. It follows the Weight Watchers Plus program. It will calculate how many points that you are allowed per day and then you can manually enter or scan products with the bar code scanner to get the right points. On the WW+ program fruits and veggies are free, 0 points. I've been trying to cut out anything processed, too. That seems to be helping.

I know exactly how you feel. I was super discouraged when no weight was coming off. I am finally seeing results after starting this. I've increased my water intake by a ton and I just threw some green tea into the mix. I have to gag it down since I don't like tea, but it's supposed to aid in weight loss. So, we'll see.

I saw a change after the first week. So far this tracking is the only thing that has helped me.
Give it a try! Good luck!

Keep fighting forward! I am losing weight so slowly it's frustrating. After a month I've only lost a few pounds, but I know I've gained muscle, and the exercise is making me feel better overall. I didn't gain the weight quickly and I know losing it is going to be a long process.

What feels like tremendous effort now, will hopefully become more like a lifestyle...it'll get easier, the pounds will continue to slowly come off.

I used to look for close up goals (how much thinner and lighter will I be in two months - "by my Birthday", "by the summer", and by fall I'm saying "by Christmas"), but that set me up for feeling like a failure when I didn't lose anything in two or three weeks...maybe hormonal, maybe because I gained muscle, maybe because too many times my nutrition was not in check (are you logging your food?). Now I'm looking forward to how different things will be in the more distant future. Slow and steady wins the race....and working out 6 days a week and staying within my food goals is getting easier.

cariann - Thanks, I looked up the app and will download it tonight on my IPad since it looks like it is IOS only and my phone is an android. How do you know how many points you get a day?

newfangled - Thanks for the encouragement. Yes I do track food on my fitness pal and I track everything that goes into my mouth food, drink, candy everything and make sure I stay under the calories, but nothing.

Finny- The app will calculate your points per day.

It's not the most fun diet, but it's working. It's little things from before that you don't even realize how quickly that they add up. Before starting this I wouldn't hesitate to order a side of ranch with my fries. Now I can see that wow, that side of ranch alone is 14 points! I get 26 points per day. So now, I've been eating much smarter and much less.

I am using MyFitnessPal. It's my favorite and I've lost 10 pounds (starting January 2nd). This is also how I lost 45 pounds before my wedding 3 years ago. Good luck to everyone!!

Hi there!
I'd like to join as well :)
I did WW a few times and it was successful but I've been lazy since our last vacation this past August and gained a lot back.
I've started Dr Phil's 20/20 Diet on Monday and I'm very hopeful it'll work :yay:
I needed something different this time around :rolleyes1
I plan on using this plan to lose and then switch back to WW for maintenance.

Nice to meet everyone!

Just curious...does anyone have a FITBIT or similar device that they have actually used at Disney World? I got one for Christmas and I'm curious to see how many steps I will take in a day once we get there in July!

I've joined the Biggest Loser Challenge at our gym with my husband. It's created accountability and a support system with competition. It's gotten the ball rolling ! We paid a certain amount of money and if we lose a pound or more a week you get 5 bucks back, after 8 weeks you have the potential to make money on this. Even if your gym does this or not, you could do this with a friend. Create a "pot of gold" with a certain amount, set a goal amount and a weigh in day. At the end of it use that money on yourself (non food related) like a pedicure or outfit. Not only are you working for your body to improve, you work to get your money back and to be able to treat yourself when you reach your goal.
And in journaling what i was eating, i've been able to create a diet that works in the long run. Being a busy mom I created a list of foods easy to make or fast that are under 200 calories such as a power protein yogurt, oatmeal with fruit, or apple with pb etc. and I have 6 "meals" with a 2-3 hour spread in between so I stay at a diet deficit calorie mark, have a balance of foods, and don't have to think about what I'm going to have. After 4 weeks, I'm finding that when i have a larger meal on the weekend I can't even finish it, it doesn't take as much to satisfy me as it used to take. I know it may be a long road but I'm excited to see where i will be come vacation time.

You are probably hitting a plateau. You may need to change how much or what you are eating and how you are exercising. Our bodies get used to things we do so sometimes you have to switch up and trick your body. Going from 3 main meals a day to 6 small meals or interval running instead of running linearly or adding some late night activity you can do at home may do the trick.

Checking back in for the first time since December :rolleyes1
I am happy to report that I have lost 16 pounds. It's not as much progress as I would have liked but I am happy to be moving in the right direction! We head to DLR in 53 days. I need to commit to a walking routine or there's no way I will keep up the pace I want while there! Keep up the good work everyone!:yay:

Just found this thread and I'd like to join. I lost 7 lbs in Nov-Dec by watching what I ate and not overindulging during holidays. I started a 1200 calorie diet and exercising for at least 30-60 minutes a day. I'm currently down 20 lbs overall. We're going to Yellowstone in June and I want to be 30 lbs lighter than I am now (so 50 lbs total) and a fall break trip to WDW (hoping for 70 lbs lost).

Just curious...does anyone have a FITBIT or similar device that they have actually used at Disney World? I got one for Christmas and I'm curious to see how many steps I will take in a day once we get there in July!

I've had a fitbit for a year or two. It always amazes me the number of steps I get at Disney. One trip I always hit my 10,000 steps before 11 am. And many days I hit 20,000. I don't know how I don't lose weight while there. That should be like 10 miles. My dad was with me on that trip. And he kept asking how many miles had we done. The fit bit I have is the one with dots that light up. And it only has 5 dots which equals 10,000 steps. So anything over I didn't know until I synced it with my computer. So it was a nice surprise the actual totals when I got home.

I would like to join as well - I'm one of those who did great and lost over 60 lbs maintained for two years and then medication issues, life issues and things happened fell off the wagon and gained it ALL back - I'm so frustrated with myself. But, just need to get back on track and get committed to do it again - the again part is what seems so overwhelming.

Joining in. Hubby and I started a weightloss competition today for our November trip! I need to kick his booty!

cariann - Thanks, I looked up the app and will download it tonight on my IPad since it looks like it is IOS only and my phone is an android. How do you know how many points you get a day?
newfangled - Thanks for the encouragement. Yes I do track food on my fitness pal and I track everything that goes into my mouth food, drink, candy everything and make sure I stay under the calories, but nothing.
Finny1981 what you are eating and when can make a huge difference. When I did weight watchers my coach told me that I actually wasn't eating enough. I needed to eat more power foods (veggies, fruits, etc) and throughout the day I wasn't getting enough protein. So maybe try adding some more protein in your diet. It will also help fuel your workouts. When I was told to add protein I added little bits in my snacks and it helped keep me full too. Some suggestions are have wheat toast or waffle with peanut butter, almonds or other nuts, lowfat cheese. There are tons of ways to add protein without eating more meat.
Another suggestion is to switch up your workout. Your body will get used to doing the same exercise all the time. Try switching it up at least once a week by doing something a bit different maybe a cardio video or some body weight exercises. I've had luck finding free workouts on Youtube or Comcast OnDemand.
Good luck! Hope you start seeing those numbers going down soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter