Losing weight for the mouse in 2015

Joining this thread! Went to WDW in 11/2014 and it looks as though we are headed back 11/2015! This time I want to be 50+ lbs lighter. Although a plush size person I had no trouble walking the park or riding the rides. I'm just wanting to get slimmer for Disney & see the results in pictures!

Sounds like an opportunity for some choice before and after photos!

Still trying find our stride at the gym. There are not a lot of choices for facilities here...this one is the best available.

We all know January is super busy at the gym as people work on those resolutions. I've seen worse at other places, but hubby finds in particularly annoying when we go after work. It's busy enough that getting one of the "good" treadmills is possible, but getting two of them next to each other is unlikely. And which weight machine to use next is often driven by availability. I'm fighting hard to make sure we don't become one of the folks that stop going.

So today we tried before work. We got there at 6am (they open at 5am). It was better...not crowded at all, but more people that than I thought. I think not having any food wore me down quick though - I wasn't happy with my performance or fatigue. :confused3

If things slow down in the afternoon at some point that will be more ideal. Time will tell.

My weak time is when I work at night. IF I can remember my supplements before dinner, I have an easier time of it. Since Christmas, though, I've been forgetting. :(

I think a great sense of accomplishment would come with a 5k or longer, but I can't ever find the motivation to train. Good luck with it!

Hi guys, just checking in! Today I am joining the gym! I saw what I looked like in a full length mirror yesterday and I was NOT happy. Especially since I thought I was wearing something that looked nice.

How is everyone doing? Sorry I haven't checked in more often, school and kiddos events have been keeping me busy!

Hi guys, just checking in! Today I am joining the gym! I saw what I looked like in a full length mirror yesterday and I was NOT happy. Especially since I thought I was wearing something that looked nice.

How is everyone doing? Sorry I haven't checked in more often, school and kiddos events have been keeping me busy!

No worries...I definitely understand the busy part. Just keep pushing forward. :cheer2:

Past couple of days have been a success. I exercised, had a gym day (and did an extra 2 mile walk at lunch yesterday). My diet has been under control and the scale was kind to me today.

Today is supposed to be a rest day for exercise. But I'm feeling cravings. I'm hungry, I feel inclined to make poor choices.

I think the best thing to do is get moving. I'll have a quick bowl of high fiber oatmeal and do two mile walk at lunch again (or maybe I'll try riding my bike today). I am sooooo much more in control on days I get some exercise.

Just checking in! I am having a really "good day" today after a few rough days.
I am a girl scout cookie mom and have cases of girl scout cookies in my house. It is very hard to have the will power not to eat them, especially with all the stress I am under with family commitments. I am just going to have to dig deep.
Heading to the grocery store to stock up on healthy snacks to help.

Ok I have a question for ya'll. At what point when starting a diet do you start considering loss not just water weight? Time wise/weight wise? Like maybe after the first 5 pounds or first week?

Ok I have a question for ya'll. At what point when starting a diet do you start considering loss not just water weight? Time wise/weight wise? Like maybe after the first 5 pounds or first week?

Depends on the diet.

With a low carb diet you will lose a LOT of water weight in the first week. The glucose you had in your body carries a lot of it. It's not a bad thing, and it doesn't mean you didn't lose fat too. But your body does a lot of cleaning house!

I'd say whatever diet you are on ....by week 2 or 3 the body adjusts and weight loss is maybe what some would call "real". Personally I say good riddance to the inflammation and glucose water weight (and again.. ya did lose some fat too).

I am not on a ketogenic diet, but have drastically cut my carbs. Since diabetes runs in my family I knew it needed to be part of the deal. I may move into ketosis if I can stand to give up a few more things. I'm just not there yet.

Just checking in! We celebrated all the January birthdays last night and I enjoyed myself to the fullest :) BUT today is the start of a fresh new week. This weeks goal is to cut back on my favorite food....cheese.

We will see how that goes.

I am really nervous about weigh in tmrw. :/. Sick half the week and didn't care what I was eating plus 2 parties. Yikes!!

I am really nervous about weigh in tmrw. :/. Sick half the week and didn't care what I was eating plus 2 parties. Yikes!!

Well just be really to jump back on that horse and move onward!

The scale punished me for a couple very bad days. Family was in town, I missed breakfast and ate like a pig at lunch, I didn't rein myself in when we had a meal out with other out of town visitors...it was all bad.

Today I was back on track...worked extra hard at the gym and won't allow that screw up to make me give up on my efforts. I have to tell you I sure felt like it (You know that dialog you have with yourself).

Reality is giving up would mean regaining ALL the weight and probably then some...I would feel like a failure...again. No it's best to just push forward. It won't be too hard to take off the pounds from the last couple of days as long as I don't give in.

Well just be really to jump back on that horse and move onward! The scale punished me for a couple very bad days. Family was in town, I missed breakfast and ate like a pig at lunch, I didn't rein myself in when we had a meal out with other out of town visitors...it was all bad. Today I was back on track...worked extra hard at the gym and won't allow that screw up to make me give up on my efforts. I have to tell you I sure felt like it (You know that dialog you have with yourself). Reality is giving up would mean regaining ALL the weight and probably then some...I would feel like a failure...again. No it's best to just push forward. It won't be too hard to take off the pounds from the last couple of days as long as I don't give in.

Thanks for the encouraging words! Well, I must have done something right even though I didn't track everyday. I lost 1.6 for a total of 6! I drank tons of water the last few days which I think helped. Thanks again!!

We are going in July and we start WW next week. We also do MFP which I find is easier than the WW app.. We both lost 40 lbs each last year but gained it back so we are ready to do it again before our trip. We don't want to be the ones sitting on the side of the pool at the resort fully clothed. LOL.

At WW waiting for the meeting to start. Wasn't the best tracker so I was nervous... But down 1.6 for 5.6 total in 3 weeks! I'm hoping to be down 10 before Disneyland in just under 3 weeks. I think it's possible if I buckle down.

We are going in July and we start WW next week. We also do MFP which I find is easier than the WW app.. We both lost 40 lbs each last year but gained it back so we are ready to do it again before our trip. We don't want to be the ones sitting on the side of the pool at the resort fully clothed. LOL.

Well I guess this answers my question. I was wondering if WW was easier to track than MFP. I just have not been tracking on MFP for the past few weeks (which is not a good thing I need accountability) because I have such a hard time when DH cooks because I am not there to create the recipe and weigh the food and such and a lot of times when I am cooking I forget, so I was thinking WW might work better. I have never done the points system so I guess I also just don't know how it works :)

I was wondering if WW was easier to track than MFP.

Having done WW on and off for about 10 years and lost no more than 20 pounds at any one point, even with daily exercise, I have to say I've had a lot more success with MFP. I feel like I know how many calories things have, rather than having to translate to points and back.

You don't get "free" foods, but you do realize which ones you can and can't eat freely. Almost 40 pounds down now, the major changes I made were walking 3-4 times a week, MFP and using BodyMedia's Link to be sure I wasn't eating less than I could, so I didn't feel deprived. One or all of those things has made all the difference for me.

Well I guess this answers my question. I was wondering if WW was easier to track than MFP. I just have not been tracking on MFP for the past few weeks (which is not a good thing I need accountability) because I have such a hard time when DH cooks because I am not there to create the recipe and weigh the food and such and a lot of times when I am cooking I forget, so I was thinking WW might work better. I have never done the points system so I guess I also just don't know how it works :)

There's two ways you can go with WW, but the best part is the meetings and the accountability. I did both, had the best results out of 6 times joining in 15 years. The app for my phone wasn't as easy to bring up things as the MFP, but I also attended meetings and the information and support is amazing there. I started with no points, just eating off the Simple Start. I had wonderful results but we tend to eat out a lot with our schedule so I switched to points. It's been 6 months since I was there, starting again this saturday. The app may have improved since then. WW has a board and I found it to be very supportive online. The community aspect didn't exist the other times I had joined. Having it this time was very helpful. Good Luck! :)

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter