Losing weight for Mickey

MOMEJULES,

I am very sorry to hear of the loss of your brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The heart is most definitely a very strong, but yet delicate and most intricate organ.

I somehow have been missing the series, You Are What You Eat, I don't know exactly how or why, maybe because it is on in the early afternoon.But still, one would think that I would have come across it at some point, oh well. I can start watching it now, for I am looking into the schedule.

Here is the link:

http://www.bbcamerica.com/content/273/index.jsp

Allrighty.....
I don't look at a skinnie person and automatically think they have an issue with food, like being anorexic or bulimic, that would be ridiculous. Same as I don't look at someone who's overweight and automatically think they sit up, all day and night, binge eating. I don't assume anything about anyone - I just know what I see. I see my neighbor who goes out every day, rain or shine, and jogs, and the ones going out to the gym every day - I see their willpower at parties where they only eat the healthy options, and stay away from the bad ones. That is what I was referring to, not people that you are assuming sit at a restaurant, eat everything, and then go into the bathroom and purge it - why anyone would assume that is beyond me. I don't even know what that has anything to do with anything. This is a weight loss thread for people to talk about, and learn, new healthy food options and just living a healthy life style.

I never said anything about assuming,I don't assume, I don't normally believe in coincidences either, just thought i would add that. I stated people that are binge/purge eaters, have that behavior. That is what they do. That skinny person, can have an eating disorder, or have a high metabolism, or medical condition, or just make it a point not to gain an unhealthy weight, so they go about doing things that work for them, that are hopefully good choices. I NEVER ASSUME!

Oy its been a hard day!!!:headache: DD3 woke up at around 11 last night trying to pull the same crap as Monday night - "I don't want to go to bed, I want to go downstairs!!!" Well, we tell her no, she throws her HUGE fit, kicking and screaming as loud as she can, and running out of her room, trying to get downstairs. I think she ran out a total of 5 times (DH was standing right there to put her right back in) when she finally - so we thought - gave up. So about 10 minutes later - to give her time to fall asleep - I went and put DD19m back to bed (she had been woken by her sisters ranting), and about 5 seconds after that, DD3 started all over again - kicking and screaming, running out of the room. I don't remember how many times it took of us putting her back to her bed, but she finally stopped again and stayed asleep till after 7am (DD19m was up at 5.30 however).
Because of all this, its REALLY hard for me to do my 'mill workouts. I got both of them in, but I had to take 2-3 breaks each time just so I could finish them. My breaks aren't long, less than a minute, but if I hadn't taken them, I would have had to quit. I really hope to get a full nights sleep one day.... We are going away without the kids in just over 6 weeks... at least we will be able to sleep through them (and sleep later than 5am too). Anyway, I got both my 'mills in today, and 2x on th 6 second ab machine - hope to do once more. If I can do this with so much lack of sleep and broken nerves, anyone can!!!

Together We Can Do This!
:grouphug:

I'm in....With Disney looming about 6 months away...I need to get in better shape. I'm thinking of getting a treadmill and using it after the kids are asleep (plus going with walks with them once a day....) I'm starting the diet on Sunday as I will be following a meal plan and need to do the grocery shopping first. However I will be tracking my food at Sparkpeople.com (as Chyrie) One of my goals is to also make sure I drink 12 cups of water a day (I think at least 15 lbs will come off quick....3 weeks of AF this month...so I'm definately retaining)

Name: Kathy
Diet: watching fat and calorie intake on sparkpeople.com...plus following their meal plan.
hurdles to overcome: need to binge eat when stressed, wanting to eat out alot.
Exercise: walking, treadmill
Start date: April 29
Weight at start: around 205 (need to put batteries in scale lol)
Goal: 185 for now (I'm a 16 and I'm just happy to get to a 14 by Disney)

This is all baby fat left over from 2 pregnancies with 50 lbs gain each time. (Although I lost 45 lbs after the first one...I am hoping to do it again)

Asellus,

Nice to hear from you. You have my vote of confidence, that you can achieve your dream. I am hoping that I can convince myself of doing that too. :) Just remember, for as long as your body uses more calories from what it takes in, you will lose weight and keep it off. It is all of those horrid calories that we don't use, that gets stored away,which would not be so bad, if I were expecting a famine, or something equally horrific.

:) GO FOR IT!! :)

asellus- I live like 5 minutes from you! Small world :) Let me know if you want to go walking sometime!

My older brother died of a heart attack on March 25, at the young age of 34 years old and he was in better shape than me....So in honor of him and for the sake of my own family count me in......

Name: Jules
Diet: Eat less and move more
hurdles to overcome: working through grief and not using food as comfort
Exercise: Workout routines from The Biggest Loser Book
Start date: 04/15/2008
Weight at start: 234.5
Goal: 180 (short term goal for Trip 8/24 to 9/2, gets me back to high school wt)
Weight loss to date: 9.5lbs

I am sorry for your loss. :sad1:

I have been avidly exercising since I was 14 years old. It's because of medical history (Hawaiians have poor health nowadays) and family genetics (diabetes, heart disease, and cancer run in my family).

Good luck to you! :hug:

very awesome to know there's someone near me (I think I have good luck for this kind of thing...lol....)
Since my 2 yr old loves to walk...the terrain around me works for me (or against?) since my neighborhood is quiet and quite hilly. (and sadly still in development)

I have lost weight before, so I feel I can do it again. (I have to for my health anyway....)

I have been reading for a while, so I thought it was time to join in.

Name: Tami
Diet: eating healthy, cutting down on food,
Exercise: walking, treadmill, elliptical
Start date: March 18
Weight at start: around 218, Today's weight was 2075
was at 244.5 last April, my husband has lost 64 # since last April, but I have gotten serious now

Goal: 170 by November 21st, when we will be at Disney

Hi everyone!:goodvibes It is so much help to read all these post! I have had a really hard week, I actually went up 2 pounds:confused: I haven't gone off my diet at all. I guess it was because I haven't been getting on the treadmill. I am going to have to do better! I really want to be much lighter by our Disney trip in August.:) If anyone is on the WW point diet and has some suggestions for boosting the weight loss I would love to hear them. Hope everyone has a great day:goodvibes

Hi. :wave2: I'd like to join. I lost 20 pounds on Weight Watchers last year. Then I lost my job and could no long afford the membership, got depressed over my job situation, and have gained back all the weight I lost. :sad2: I'm in a better place now and trying to get back on track. I have tried every kind of diet there is. My approach now is going to be increased exercise and trying to eat healthier but not depriving myself of the foods I love. I know my food portions are too big, so I'm working on that, but it's hard. Here is my info:

Name: Karen
Diet: Exercise and healthier eating
Hurdles to overcome: Emotional eating
Exercise: Treadmill, walking outside
Start date: 04/27/2008
Weight at start: 208
Goal: 188 by Sept. Disney trip
Weight loss to date: 0

Welcome 1DISNEYLVR:cool1:
Portion control has been an issue for me also! What has helped me is to have a food scale, measuring spoons, and a measuring cup handy! I hated to have to resort to measuring and weighing everything but it keeps me honest about my portions:lmao:

Hi everyone!:goodvibes It is so much help to read all these post! I have had a really hard week, I actually went up 2 pounds:confused: I haven't gone off my diet at all. I guess it was because I haven't been getting on the treadmill. I am going to have to do better! I really want to be much lighter by our Disney trip in August.:) If anyone is on the WW point diet and has some suggestions for boosting the weight loss I would love to hear them. Hope everyone has a great day:goodvibes

Hey - I have to say, one thing thats really helped me is eating every few hours. In the morning I either have cereal or cottage cheese. Then on the treadmill. After the treadmill I have a string cheese or banana or something like that. Then lunch, then on the treadmill again, and depending on what time I'm off, I eat another sting cheese or banana, and then dinner between 5-6. Then I'm done for the night. I think its important to have something every couple of hours to keep the metabolism going - at least for me it is.

Welcome 1DISNEYLVR:cool1:
Portion control has been an issue for me also! What has helped me is to have a food scale, measuring spoons, and a measuring cup handy! I hated to have to resort to measuring and weighing everything but it keeps me honest about my portions:lmao:

Thanks for the welcome! I just finished my 20 mins on the treadmill. I'm starting slow because I'm really out of shape. So I met my goal of exercising on my lunch break 3 times this week. Tomorrow is weigh day (I try to only weigh myself once a week). So I'll see if there are any results tomorrow morning! :)

I ordered a mini trampoline, and it should be delivered tomorrow. I'm very excited, lol. I'm shopping tonight for a serious bra so I don't end up with black eyes. My husband will be disappointed - I think he was looking forward to some boing, boing, boing! :lmao:

I also weighed this morning. Only down a pound, but down is better than static or up, right? I'm retaining water, too - my rings are tight. So for the rest of today I'm on a mission - 80 ounces before bed. That should at least off-set the 407 cups of coffee I had during a playgroup this morning. :scared1:

Ooh yes count me in, but how wide is mickey?
After 2 years, my baby weight is gone, plus 20 lbs, but sadly there is still war to be declared on fat. It's so hard to eat well on vacation, if anyone has tips, please share. With the all inclusives, buffets, it's like a sabotage....

Lovin' Lorne
We did see people coming and going, but no one had their heads off

HaHa! I love that tagline! it is just so interesting and funny! ;)

thebabyconnection,

Congratulations on the baby, and the weight loss! :)
I can understand your situation, for when I have an opportunity to spend time away,I don't really want to feel guilty over eating, period. So, if I am hungry, I eat, and I eat what I like, if I happen to eat a bit more from what I know I really needed, I do not beat myself up over it anymore, try not to anyway.
I just acknowledge it, and make it a point to eat less next time.
For many years I have been an advocate for eating what you like, if you are hungry, and eat until your stomach is comfortable, not stuffed, I personally do not like that stuffed feeling, (ugh)sometimes I will use a smaller plate, and often I do measure my food, not always. Typically in the morning with my cereal, otherwise I might eat half the box! :( which if it was just the box.... ;)
and I am working on (once again) to get more exercise. Nothing major, just more walking.
For a long time now, depending upon which shoes I am wearing (seriously) or if it is raining, I will park in the back 40 of a parking lot, when shopping.
I realize that it is probably not so doable, with baby in tote. When junior is older though he or she I believe will like the walk. Personally I think it is best for people with small children to park closer, for safety issues, so when alone, get in those extra steps. I don't worry so much for myself, as I do others, especially those that have babies, or young children, for there are a lot of weirdos out there.( I don't mean to scare )

I am so excited - I finally got into my size 10 Gap lowrise jeans! Woo hoo! They're still a little tight, but I'm glad to be kissin' size 14's GOOD BYE! I'm too cheap to go out and buy size 12's and 10's, so I've been wearing 14's until I could fit into these, LOL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter