Losing weight for Mickey

My last check-in was right before Christmas in 2013. At the time I was 150 and down 72 pounds. By the beginning of March 2014 I was down to 142, bringing my total to 80. I've been really good working out regularly and trying to eat better and have been hanging around 140-145 for the past 10.5 months. I have never felt better about my body and have learned not to focus on the size or letter on the label and rather focus on how the clothes fit me.
You're an inspiration to all of us trying to lose weight!!!!

Anyone have suggestions on how to beat stress eating, overeating, or emotional eating? I find when I have a weight loss goal for a specific event (like losing last year for a trip in December) I do great. My weight has gone back up since then but I can't seem to fight bad food choices. I don't have a specific "event" to work for now which is making it difficult. Thanks!

SW: 170 (As of early April)
CW: 162
GW: 135

Anyone have suggestions on how to beat stress eating, overeating, or emotional eating? I find when I have a weight loss goal for a specific event (like losing last year for a trip in December) I do great. My weight has gone back up since then but I can't seem to fight bad food choices. I don't have a specific "event" to work for now which is making it difficult. Thanks!

SW: 170 (As of early April)
CW: 162
GW: 135

Check out "the Beck diet solution" - it is a cognitive-behavioral approach to weight loss that trains you to think before you eat.

Hi yall.....planning a trip in 2016! My "baby" is 3 and its time to get down to a decent weight... In 2004 I was on WW and lost 80 ish pounds. I've had 3 kids since then. Now I need to lose 70 but really id like to lose 10% ...23# as first goal just to get started! I think if I can lose the first 20....it will be easier to exercise. Im using lose it app calorie tracker and jawbone fitness tracker....im 5`10....so my goal weight shoots for a healthy bmi.

SW 236
CW 235
GW 175

This is great! I just got a garmin vivosmart. It's like a Fitbit or a jawbone...I'm enjoying watching my steps increase. I have used my fitness pal in the past and want to get back in the habit of entering my food into the diary. Hold myself more accountable.

We go to Disney in less than 2 months....sept 15. I know it's not hat far away, but I'd like to be down even 5 pounds by then. I will feel so much better.
I've done it so many times before, but I always put the weight back on. Ugh

So here's to the first 5 pounds of many hopefully to come off--

sw 217.5
Cw 217.5
Gw 180

Glad im I'm not the only tech wearer here. I looked at the garmin. My jawbone was a gift....I like how it looks but I wish it had a regular watch reading on it..... I'm really stinking at my step count right now....my goal is only 4k...and half the time I don't make that. Having to work full time and hard for me to have energy before or after work....I stand at work but thought I stepped more until I got the tracker.

Hoping after a couple weeks of food tracking ill get motivated to do more.

We are going to WDW in December so 8 weeks ago I made up my mind to lose .5 lb/week until we go and as of yesterday I am down 11.5 lbs. I make sure I do 10,000 steps a day and eat just fish, chicken, no red meat, veggies and fruits and instead of pasta I spiralize zucchini and lightly saute it in a non-stick pan...yummy.

.5 lb a week doesn't sound like much but it makes it much easier to meet a goal and surprisingly I tend to do better than that each week. I even ate everything I wanted on the 4th of July and did not gain that week.

Hi all! I am checking in, I am trying had to drop 20 lbs in the three months until our trip. It's taken me four months to lose 15 so idk if I can but I am going to try, original goal was -30 to 60 but not going as fast as I'd like. Hopefully that means I will keep it off :) it's also slow because I am pretty much doing my own thing, common sense eating...low fat lower carb and high protein. I am trying this as a life change I don't even use the wor diet, as I've never made it halfway to my goal. Not since I was 21. :)
SW 275
CW 260
GW 240 (this trip)
GW 180 (for life)

Do any of you NOT weigh often? So year I am only weighed at the doctors, or when I bring my son I for his short I jump on their scale..lol. I find I got too fixated when I did it often. Last time I tried WW I was uber perfect on it, lost nothing in two weeks and got so uoset seeing that number! It was too stressful. I can't exercise due to health issues...so it's hard to know if I am on the right track! Does anyone do this kind of thing?

Hi all! I am checking in, I am trying had to drop 20 lbs in the three months until our trip. It's taken me four months to lose 15 so idk if I can but I am going to try, original goal was -30 to 60 but not going as fast as I'd like. Hopefully that means I will keep it off :) it's also slow because I am pretty much doing my own thing, common sense eating...low fat lower carb and high protein. I am trying this as a life change I don't even use the wor diet, as I've never made it halfway to my goal. Not since I was 21. :)
SW 275
CW 260
GW 240 (this trip)
GW 180 (for life)

Great job! I am on a lifetime weight loss program I started late June. I was up to 247 and felt like I was going to die. I am a binge eater, 2 large containers of ice cream a day, 24 fudgesicles in one day, bags of Reese's in one day, you get the picture. I was in Disney and bought a pound of fudge every day I was there and ate it. My husband and I met at 62 after not seeing one another for 50 years and got married on DCL. I knew I was big, and I knew I wore a size 22W, but when I got my pictures back I cried, apologizing for "ruining our pictures". That was 2 years ago. I am now at 224. I am seeing a nutritionist twice a week. I also was diagnosed with compulsive overeating and started on Vyvanse. It has totally stopped my binge eating. My goal is to lose 100 pounds. We are renewing our vows on a DCL in June and also doing a photo shoot at the Magic Kingdom on June 2. My goal is to wear a size 16W wedding dress which I ordered. Do you think it's possible? I am not a big gal, don't have big bones or a big chest at all. I am built like an apple (beachball). I bought a recumbent bike and ride it 20 minutes to 30 minute with goal to do it eventually 5 days a week. My weight loss is slow and steady and I plan to keep it off forever. I will cancel the photoshoot if I don't get the weight down.

I'm jumping on. Last winter I really packed on the pounds, fast (about 20 lbs - may not seem like a ton but I'm very petite). I got to where I couldn't wear any of my clothes but stretchy leggings :( In January we made reservations for a July trip. In 5 months I lost about 18 pounds and worked out really hard and was in pretty good shape. I felt great on the trip, lots of energy and endurance. As soon as we got home I started putting it back on and now am up to almost where I started. My back and knees are hurting again and I get winded easily. Now we have a March trip planned and I know I've got to get back in shape or it's going to be hard on me, not to mention I don't want to buy bigger clothes...So I have 4 months. Every day I think I'm going to start fresh Monday - no drinking, cutting calories, going to the gym. I'll do ok during the day but then I don't have the energy to go to the gym and I go home and have a beer and eat too much for dinner. I hate the way I look and feel but I just can't get motivated enough to go full force. Hopefully this will help reading all your stories!

So I thought I'd jump in here too :)

We're planning our first family WDW trip in October of 2016. Back in Feb 2015, I was around 250, but I'm down to 220 as of Nov. 2015. My biggest vice was too much soda ( or "pop" for my fellow Canadians) . Pepsi and Grape Crush were my 2 biggest vices. It was nothing for me to drink 2 liters (68z) each day. But i went cold turkey, switched to mostly water. I now allow myself one can of soda (or pop) per night, but I find many nights I dont even have the can. I've also been using the treadmill quite a bit. I started out at 5 minutes per day, but now I'm on it usually for 30-35 minutes each morning. I can now do the "burn 280 calories" program well. I'd be happy if I can get down below the 200lb mark. But ideally, I think it would be fun to get back down to 180.

We'll see how it goes :)

I've already lost most of my weight! I'm down 75 lbs since February using the myfitnesspal app (if you haven't checked it out, do it!!). Anyway, I'd love to lose another 10. My trip isn't for another year so I'm going to really have to focus on maintenance and not falling into old habits! I have my sister's wedding next summer too so I have several reasons to keep me motivated! Good luck everyone!

So I thought I'd jump in here too :)

We're planning our first family WDW trip in October of 2016. Back in Feb 2015, I was around 250, but I'm down to 220 as of Nov. 2015. My biggest vice was too much soda ( or "pop" for my fellow Canadians) . Pepsi and Grape Crush were my 2 biggest vices. It was nothing for me to drink 2 liters (68z) each day. But i went cold turkey, switched to mostly water. I now allow myself one can of soda (or pop) per night, but I find many nights I dont even have the can. I've also been using the treadmill quite a bit. I started out at 5 minutes per day, but now I'm on it usually for 30-35 minutes each morning. I can now do the "burn 280 calories" program well. I'd be happy if I can get down below the 200lb mark. But ideally, I think it would be fun to get back down to 180.

We'll see how it goes :)
I'm joining you too, is this thread still active? I'm new here, but not to watching what I eat!

I'm jumping on. Last winter I really packed on the pounds, fast (about 20 lbs - may not seem like a ton but I'm very petite). I got to where I couldn't wear any of my clothes but stretchy leggings :( In January we made reservations for a July trip. In 5 months I lost about 18 pounds and worked out really hard and was in pretty good shape. I felt great on the trip, lots of energy and endurance. As soon as we got home I started putting it back on and now am up to almost where I started. My back and knees are hurting again and I get winded easily. Now we have a March trip planned and I know I've got to get back in shape or it's going to be hard on me, not to mention I don't want to buy bigger clothes...So I have 4 months. Every day I think I'm going to start fresh Monday - no drinking, cutting calories, going to the gym. I'll do ok during the day but then I don't have the energy to go to the gym and I go home and have a beer and eat too much for dinner. I hate the way I look and feel but I just can't get motivated enough to go full force. Hopefully this will help reading all your stories!

let's do this!! I'm new here, I don't know disney well, but I'm going in Feb and I'm on a mission to be down 15 by then and at goal finally! I've been focused for about a year straight and love to help motivate others.

let's do this!! I'm new here, I don't know disney well, but I'm going in Feb and I'm on a mission to be down 15 by then and at goal finally! I've been focused for about a year straight and love to help motivate others.

Awesome! I need to lose about the same, 15 - 20. It's so hard now with the holidays coming up! I can do really great doing the week (assuming we eat at home everyday) but I blow it on the weekends...

Jumping in here as well! I am trying to lose a whole person, lol! Good job to everyone losing and trying for a healthier lifestyle!! :thumbsup2 So far I have lost, :wishtwenty woohoo!! I am doing low carb and lots of exercise.

I have posted on this thread before, lost some and life has gotten in my way, so with a new trip to WDW looming at the end of the year and my age telling me now or never, I again find myself do this NOW so you can enjoy retirement. I retired this past December. YEAH! So I have plenty of time to devote to exercise and eating right.

Name: Dot
Type of diet: Low-Carb/Gluten free (I get hives when I eat food with gluten, so it is a medical need)
Excercise: Walking (outside when the weather warms-up), some strength exercise and my recumbent stationary bike.
Start date of diet: 1/1/2016
Goal: 125
Weight loss to date: 0

I have posted on this thread before, lost some and life has gotten in my way, so with a new trip to WDW looming at the end of the year and my age telling me now or never, I again find myself do this NOW so you can enjoy retirement. I retired this past December. YEAH! So I have plenty of time to devote to exercise and eating right.

Name: Dot
Type of diet: Low-Carb/Gluten free (I get hives when I eat food with gluten, so it is a medical need)
Excercise: Walking (outside when the weather warms-up), some strength exercise and my recumbent stationary bike.
Start date of diet: 1/1/2016
Goal: 125
Weight loss to date: 0
Hi, Dot. I'm on here too, I think it's an old thread.... should I make a new one for current people?

Jumping in here as well! I am trying to lose a whole person, lol! Good job to everyone losing and trying for a healthier lifestyle!! :thumbsup2 So far I have lost, :wishtwenty woohoo!! I am doing low carb and lots of exercise.
Hi Mandy? are we the only 3 actives? I am wondering if I should start a new 2016 thread? let's do this ladies!!!! or men :) :) :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter