Looks or Personality

MonorailMan

<font color=red>Relatively Cheap Date, Dewars Alw
One of the other threads got me to thinking about making a poll. So here it is.......

What do you find more attractive in a potential partner/mate/hook-up, etc.--Looks or personality?

And don't lie. I'm not here to judge you.
Okay......maybe a little. :rolleyes1

Initially? I would have to say looks. Go ahead, judge. :) I'm initially attracted to someone based upon their looks. Something catches my eye, like well, a host of things I won't get into here. :rolleyes1

What keeps me around and hold my interest other then a hairy chest and facial hair ;), is their personality. If they can make me laugh, hold an inteligent conversation, not take life to seriously all the time, can be a kid when they need to, etc.....THEN I feel like I've got the whole package.

That really doesn't answer your question does it.....

I think anyone who doesn't say looks matter at least on initial impressions are full of themselves. However looks rarely will keep anyone's interest on the long term. I've dated some really hot guys, but they were dumb as rocks (or played the part very well) or just emotionally absent and I just couldn't deal.

I was just curious because whenever someone I'm dating starts the "What was the first thing you noticed about me?" game, and it's their turn, it neeeeeeeever has anything to do with my looks, which makes me feel lousy.....but I guess it shouldn't. I think it's just because I've always wanted to be hot because I'm usually considered the "weird, artsy nerd".

Pretty doesn't last: Smart and Kind usually do...

But on the other hand , there are folks out there like Kevin McKidd -- not classically handsome but... YOWZA!!!!!

425.rome.mckidd.kevin.lc.120108.jpg

It depends on the guy. Some guy's personality makes them so adorable. Others it's their looks. Ultimately I'd like someone with both. Of course beauty is in the eye of the beholder so what I consider good looks might be different from someone else. Same thing with personality. It's really about what you find attractive. However, I'd rather be with someone with OK looks that has the personality than a model with no personality. Also, some guys you might not consider good looking but by getting to know them and their personality they become attractive to you. Problem is no one normally wants to get to know someone. They all want love at first sight.

For me, its both! It has to all come together into a nice little package! Just like I met, Jon....I knew he was the one. I'm attrached to his dark features and on our 1st date, I was imediately fell in love with his personality.....(June this year, will be 6 years) Thank God for the 18 year olds that I worked with at the time that "fixed" us up....

Eh I'd probably go for someone not too attractive w/ no personality, but what can I say, I'm desperate...:laughing:

Hey, you didn't include chemistry. :confused3 That's super important, and can supersede both looks *and* personality!

Monorailman, I think the fact that your dates mention that they noticed something other than your looks first is a compliment. Even if you have the cutest face and bod on the planet, if you have *presence* you can draw people to you based on that alone. And I can say, having a most hot wife, that I went out of my way to appreciate her other qualities when we were getting to know one another. She has heard all of her life how beautiful she is -- I wanted her to know that I looked deeper than that and loved her for who she is. :lovestruc Ironically, I went a bit too far with that, and she ended up thinking I wasn't particularly impressed with her appearance. :confused3 Women. ;)

Looks for a hook up, personality for the long haul (fortunately I lucked out with both with my guy). He makes me laugh and just thinking about him puts a smile on my face. Funny thing is that I am 6'2 and he is 5'7. I don't notice the height difference, but in photos I look like a giant! Oh well, my brother is 6'1 and his wife is 5' and they are a cute couple.:goodvibes

I would have to say both initially - but then looks just do not matter when your in love - or at least they shouldn;t matter ;) I know love is blind cause Chris picked me!!! :)

On another note - I've dated some real hot guys in my younger days - its funny - most of the real hot guys turned real ugly.

Pretty doesn't last: Smart and Kind usually do...

Looks never seem to "stay put". Having said that, some people (not all) look a lot better once they reach their 40s than they did in their 20s.

And then there's Joan Rivers........ :rolleyes:

Hey, you didn't include chemistry. :confused3 That's super important, and can supersede both looks *and* personality!

Monorailman, I think the fact that your dates mention that they noticed something other than your looks first is a compliment. Even if you have the cutest face and bod on the planet, if you have *presence* you can draw people to you based on that alone. And I can say, having a most hot wife, that I went out of my way to appreciate her other qualities when we were getting to know one another. She has heard all of her life how beautiful she is -- I wanted her to know that I looked deeper than that and loved her for who she is. :lovestruc Ironically, I went a bit too far with that, and she ended up thinking I wasn't particularly impressed with her appearance. :confused3 Women. ;)

Chemistry isn't usually reached until date 2 or 3. :lmao:

Thanks for mentioning this. I just want to be able to walk into a bar and have a bunch of guys look at me.....just once......just to see how nice it feels.

Hi, do you come here often? :lmao::rotfl::thumbsup2

Should I change the name of this thread into "DIS dating"? :rolleyes1

Looks for a date.

Personality for marriage!

Shrek and I are still amazed when we go out to eat! Many times we are the only couple talking to each other in the restaurant.....sad.

(Now granted, half of that conversation is making fun of the other people in the place!) :lmao:

What about the other "thing" that counts...
What's in their pants.
Not not that ...the cash in their wallet. :lovestruc

Oh :rolleyes1 and that other thing too. ;)

I've got mixed feelings. When I first "saw" (we met online) my wife, it was her eyes that caught me. However, NOT because they were so beautiful, which they are...but because of the depth and honesty, I saw in them. We really and truely fell in love, long distance, and yup, over the phones..THOUSANDS of hours later, we met, in person. I knew more about her, over the phone, than I did my ex husband, of 10 years! Very sad to me when I realized that. There were sparks, as I'd seen pics of her..but by then, I was already hooked! So you tell me...was it looks or personality? ;) Either way, we celebrate 3 years June 6th! :yay:

What about the other "thing" that counts...
What's in their pants.
Not not that ...the cash in their wallet. :lovestruc

Oh :rolleyes1 and that other thing too. ;)

Your SO naughty!! When we first met, neither one of us made alot of money. It wasn't until we got together and decided for her to move here and start a life together...that we started making money. We now own a beautiful home, travel all the time and yes, we earn great livings. I say it's because we FOUND our destiny, eachother. Now, life is amazing!! And BTW, what's in her pants, that's an added bonus!! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter