Looking for Like Minded Friends

WDW trip planned for May and I am currently in Williamsburg, VA. I drove down to Williamsburg. If you have never been, it is a nice little town with Colonial Williamsburg and Busch Gardens as additional attractions.

Have not done Tokyo either. Japan is on my list. This pandemic really killed my travel plans, but at least I’ve seen some of the world. But to me I feel like I’ve only scratched the surface. So I’ll have to “settle for” Epcot for a while.

I agree with airports and other transportation being what holds some back from actually travelling, I live in Ontario Canada and thats my big issue. Although we usually fly from Buffalo which is a small airport as compared to say like Toronto, but border crossing is not happening for now Missing Disney and the cruises so much!

Hello Disney Fans! I just rejoined Disboards after forgetting how to sign in after not using for so long. I haven’t used because I pretty much always knew what I needed to do to plan a a trip to the World.
I used to have coworkers that were Disney fans that I could chat with but they’ve all been transferred to other departments etc and I miss talking Disney.
So I landed back here. I’d love to find fellow Disney fans, also people that love all travel! I’d love to have a dialogue about such things with anyone who’d like to participate. I don’t want to to discuss politics, controversy or conspiracy theories. I just want to talk Disney, travel and positive subjects.
Thanks for the add and hope to hear from someone soon.
Hi Gina,
I’m a brand new poster but thought I’d reply to you as I totally get it!
I’m in England and am waiting for WDW 2022 prices to be released. I’ve heard the rumours that it’ll be on the 16th, really hoping so.
I have Disneyland Paris booked for July along with Eurostar from London but it’s too early to know if it will go ahead - clinging on to hope though!

Have not done Tokyo either. Japan is on my list. This pandemic really killed my travel plans, but at least I’ve seen some of the world. But to me I feel like I’ve only scratched the surface. So I’ll have to “settle for” Epcot for a while.

I would LOVE to do Tokyo Disney! I have only been to WDW and done a Disney cruise. I would really like to make it to every park and Aulani at some point in my life. I also think it would be fun to try Adventures by Disney. From the podcasts I've heard about it, it sounds like an awesome way to see fun parts of the world and meet some amazing people!

I need someone who gets me re: Disney, too!

We just got back from a 3+ week trip that took us from Virginia through North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, and Florida. We crossed from the panhandle/gulf to, of course, Orlando, then headed back up 95. There are some benefits to remote education and work!

Hello Disney Fans! I just rejoined Disboards after forgetting how to sign in after not using for so long. I haven’t used because I pretty much always knew what I needed to do to plan a a trip to the World.
I used to have coworkers that were Disney fans that I could chat with but they’ve all been transferred to other departments etc and I miss talking Disney.
So I landed back here. I’d love to find fellow Disney fans, also people that love all travel! I’d love to have a dialogue about such things with anyone who’d like to participate. I don’t want to to discuss politics, controversy or conspiracy theories. I just want to talk Disney, travel and positive subjects.
Thanks for the add and hope to hear from someone soon.
Hi from the Memphis, TN area. I just joined this forum yesterday looking for other Disney fans to interact with and read what others have done on their trips. We are looking to go over this Thanksgiving. Hoping more restaurants begin to open up and more Character dining comes open by then also.

Just booked Coronado Springs for mid February, no parks this visit, just a short escape from reality! Can’t wait. I’m fully vaccinated and ready to travel!

Welcome back!

I had a four year hiatus from travel during which time I didn’t bother even reading about it. Fortunately, that came to an end in Dec 2019 with a “let’s evaluate if you are ready to travel trip to St Thomas in Dec 2019. That went well, so I drove myself to Orlando in Jan 2020, not realizing it was Princess Marathon weekend. So many people. I didn’t do much prep for that trip, and didn’t have a great handle on FP+. Had a great lunch at Be Our Guest, having nabbed a reservation at the last minute. Loved the Grey Stuff cupcake and a la carte menu.

I don’t usually stay on property, it one night at AKL was fun:

61E1A45D-DC83-424E-985E-79FFEE6F89C1.jpeg

Dinner and breakfast at Boma, including yummy POG (Passion fruit, orange and guava juice. (Taste of Hawaii - foreshadowing).

How about a cruise? Sure, a new friend was sailing from the closest port (Mobile, AL) on Carnival. Great price, even with single supplement. Superbowl weekend. The check-in line looked like a tailgate party. Lots of team jerseys and family reunions. Refrigerator boxes of soda being carried on (Alcohol not allowed, though). One port - Cozumel, where I know I feel safe. No Disney cruise, but soups and desserts were the best I have had on cruises and they had afternoon tea. It rained every day except the port day. But it was a vacation!

Why not Hawaii? Well, there have been reports of a new virus that shut down a 13-million person city in China and has now been reported in Seattle. Okay, 15 nights in Honolulu seems a good use of timeshare points. ... at first. By the time I left, Waikiki Beach was closed, restaurants were going to take-away only, and a quarantine for new arrivals was only days away. The airplane on the last leg home had three crew and four passengers. After the door was shut, the captain came out to give his talk in person; he Couldn’t bring himself to do it on the microphone from the cockpit.

Okay, COVID precautions and case numbers climbing and then going back down.

Vacation in Hilton Head? Yeah! One week walking the beach at sunset, riding the bike path, cooking in the condo with a few forays to a burrito joint with outdoor seating - and good mask compliance (in South Carolina?!). My sister didn’t even go to the grocery and worked from home (and also on this vacation; already remote working made that easier). August is hot and muggy, but it was great at sunset. It was nice to see the families and their dogs social distancing on the very wide expanse of beach along the Atlantic.

ED6C9AC0-A15D-4706-921D-89A8DAEF5583.jpeg

The travel bug is hard to shake. WDW reopened. But, really, summer in Orlando, even with LOW attendance, is still summer in Orlando. But... September in Orlando is traditionally low season. It was a hot two weeks, but the condo had air conditioning. I visited the parks two days. Several trips to dine at Disney Springs, and three drives to the Space Coast in an attempt to view a rocket launch. One of those rockets still hasn’t gone up. The other was delayed about a month.

... and I continue (because I haven’t used my words for days).

Eventually, our November DCL cruise was cancelled. I was looking forward to a few days in San Juan pre-Cruise. Can’t waste scheduled vacation time for the workers, so we packed the car for a week visit to WDW. Again. But this time I wasn’t alone. Which also meant long days at the park. Five days in a row. I am like a toddler. I was hungry and tired. And tearful. But at least I knew those reasons And on the fifth day, I dropped off the others at the park. Got a hair cut and ran errands, arriving at HS in time for our Rise of the Resistance BG slot. Such a fun ride.

6750C3B7-57E5-4D91-83E4-C7030F3C9A79.jpeg

Headed down to Orlando again in January; got 40 miles from home and lost my side mirror and bumper in a sideswipe. After 7 weeks (the last 2 in the shop), got my car back. Looks like a brand new car, again.

Now I’m waiting for the Spring Break and Easter crowds to cycle through. Then it’s two park days with my sister, hopping among the four parks. This will finally use up the non-expiration tickets I’ve been holding for 10+ years. And she will have two more days to use in the future.

Alabama opens up vaccine eligibility to 55+, fat people, diabetics, and immune compromised next week. Looking forward to getting mine. There is even a website to show where different manufacturer formulations are available. Hoping to find an available appointment a few weeks before vacation.

I need someone who gets me re: Disney, too!

We just got back from a 3+ week trip that took us from Virginia through North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, and Florida. We crossed from the panhandle/gulf to, of course, Orlando, then headed back up 95. There are some benefits to remote education and work!

Wow, right through the Southern COVID belt. Glad you survived!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter