Looking for Adventure in the Great Wide Somewhere a PTR

And I am reminded once again why I love Apple, and keep shelling out money for their products.

After mentally berating myself for a few days I decieded to hike my rear end up to the Apple Store today and throw myself and my stupidity at the mercy of whatever poor Apple employee happened to be unfortunate enough to have to deal with me.

I had barely explained what had happened when she said no problem, and refunded me the complete amount. :cool1: Seriously, I know that their products cost more, but I'll never go anywhere else for my computers. Great customer service (that even speak understandable english when you have to call them) and great products.

As a bonus on the way back to my office I got to walk past Abercrombie and Fitch and gaze at the eye candy they have in the doorway. At least they gave the poor guy a jacket today. No shirt, but at least a jacket.

SO glad you got your refund!! YAY!!!:yay: LOL about the eye candy at Abercrombie and Fitch!! LOVE IT!!!:rotfl:

SO glad you got your refund!! YAY!!!:yay: LOL about the eye candy at Abercrombie and Fitch!! LOVE IT!!!:rotfl:

I love that it's always eye candy for the girls that they have out on display at Abercrombie, usually it's all about eye candy for the boys. The Abercrombie on 5th avenue always puts out a 1/2 dressed man, although I will admit that the one the other day was just a bit too young. A little too much "boy" and not enough "man".

I love that it's always eye candy for the girls that they have out on display at Abercrombie, usually it's all about eye candy for the boys. The Abercrombie on 5th avenue always puts out a 1/2 dressed man, although I will admit that the one the other day was just a bit too young. A little too much "boy" and not enough "man".

:lmao: too funny!!!:lmao:

hope you're having a good day!!!!

I've been putting some thought recently into souveniers, or more specifically the lack of them I plan on buying this trip. Much that I'd love to spend tons of money on lots of goodies, the truth is I really don't need them. When I only was going to Disney every five years or so, I was able to justify treating myself on silly Disney items. Now that I'm on 4th trip in as many years, with another trip in the works for next year I have to exercise some kind of control. I have a tiny place, and I really don't have lots of room to put all the stuff that I would love to own. I'd rather buy less, and go again to Disney next year. I'm trying to consider my spa treatment my own big "souvenier" to myself. Of course I'll be picking up some goodies for the girls, since they're a bit put out that they aren't going with me this year.

I do have a bit of a wish list for this trip. (Seriously, I can't come home with nothing!)

Wish List
Mickey Loose Tea Diffuser
MVMCP Pin
Something Boardwalk themed (I've wanted to stay here for so long, I have to get something from here).

We'll see how well I'm able to stick to the plan. I know I'm sure I'll find some odd item that I just have to have.

I thought I'd share a few of my favorite souveniers from old trips. These are all out where I can see them pretty much all the time. I love having touches of Disney around my house.

My favorite souvenier of all time is a Poly tiki glass. I think my mom got it at the pool bar one trip and they let me have it because I begged so much for it. I love it. :lovestruc It just makes me remember those childhood trips.
TikiGlass_opt.jpg

Second favorite souveniers would be my Donald rubber duckies. I had bought myself the Philharmagic one in 2007, and my family has given me the rest of them as gifts the past few Christmases.
DuckieDonalds_opt.jpg

My favorite one is the PoC Donald. Donald's my favorite character, and having him in pirate gear, too cute!
PirateDonald_opt.jpg

And my third favorite was the Mickey cutting board that I picked up on my last trip.
CuttingBoard_opt.jpg

I'm also torn on getting a photopass cd this year. I never got one of the e-mails that they are sending out for the discount, and I refuse to pay $149 for it. Even $99 is a bit high for me, since this trip I won't be sharing the cost with any family members. I'm thinking I'll just have the photopass photographers use my camera as well. Since I'm so far behind with my scrapbooking (I still haven't scrapped last year's trip) I might just use Disney's photobook option. At least that way I'll have a completed book.

Oh, your souvenirs that you already have are great. I love the Tiki glass!

I think you can do well with your souvie budget. :thumbsup2

I am a little bit over Photopass...at least for me. I think I'd only get it if I was splitting the cost or if I was bringing kids with me but that is just me.

I am so in awe of your Poly tiki glass!!! What a great souvenir!!!

I think you are very wise to limit your souvenirs so you can go again next year, but you definitely need to come back with a couple of things to remember the trip. :goodvibes

Oh, I love my Mickey loose tea diffuser!!! I highly recommend this as a souvie. You'll use it forever. :thumbsup2

I love that Poly Tiki glass, it manages to look ominous and cute all at the same time.

I have to say, I've done the photopass CD time and time again. Tink and I even did when we went in May, and split the cost. But honestly, even if I were footing the bill on my own, I'd get it. And this is totally personal, because I really don't do a lot in the way of souvies. For me, and with the family, you know, I'd rather have the pictures of them, and not have to take out my camera all the time. It's a convenience thing, and I find it to be worth it. That being said, it may not be worth it for you if you're not feeling so jazzed about it and are not planning to scrapbook it, so I hear you. Definitely have them use your camera, I've done that before, and it always works nicely. :goodvibes

Oh, your souvenirs that you already have are great. I love the Tiki glass!

I think you can do well with your souvie budget. :thumbsup2

I am a little bit over Photopass...at least for me. I think I'd only get it if I was splitting the cost or if I was bringing kids with me but that is just me.

I had one other favorite, but I couldn't find it when I was taking pictures. I also just recently got all my old Disney stuffed animals back. (My mother made me take the last of my old toys that I had stuffed in her attic).

I really love all the kitchen gadgets. I had wanted to get the Mickey collender, but my brother and SIL gave me one for Christmas. Do they know me or what?

If my friend was going to kick in half of the photopass I might do it, but otherwise I think I'm going to go without it.

I am so in awe of your Poly tiki glass!!! What a great souvenir!!!

I think you are very wise to limit your souvenirs so you can go again next year, but you definitely need to come back with a couple of things to remember the trip. :goodvibes

I love my Poly tiki. I remember wanting it back when we used to spend a day hanging by the pool and my mom would get a pina colada. I love the resort specific items. That's why I need to find something from the Boardwalk.

Oh, I love my Mickey loose tea diffuser!!! I highly recommend this as a souvie. You'll use it forever. :thumbsup2

I love that Poly Tiki glass, it manages to look ominous and cute all at the same time.

I have to say, I've done the photopass CD time and time again. Tink and I even did when we went in May, and split the cost. But honestly, even if I were footing the bill on my own, I'd get it. And this is totally personal, because I really don't do a lot in the way of souvies. For me, and with the family, you know, I'd rather have the pictures of them, and not have to take out my camera all the time. It's a convenience thing, and I find it to be worth it. That being said, it may not be worth it for you if you're not feeling so jazzed about it and are not planning to scrapbook it, so I hear you. Definitely have them use your camera, I've done that before, and it always works nicely. :goodvibes

I love loose tea, so the diffuser is a must. I won't feel guilty about a souvie that I'll use every day.

The tiki glass actually has a second side to it. On the other side he's smiling. :)

I love the photopass too. I just need to shave some money off somewhere and I think that's going to have to be one of the spots to do it. If I was up to date with my scrapbooking I'd feel better about it, but I haven't done any in ages. My SIL and I keep saying we need to set a date to scrapbook. When we get together is the only time I seem to get anything done.

I figure that if I at least have them use my camera I can make a photobook of the trip.

You look like a very sensible and wise shopper. I too, love getting things that I'll actually USE! The cutting board is a great example, as are the Tiki cup and tea diffuser!! Great picks!!

Hmmm.. photopass. I would be one to pass it up. I've always been way too frugal and am happy to use my own camera (I bought and brought it to use). but TK's point of not having to whip it out all the time is a good one. It does eat up a lot of time finding someone to take the shot, telling them how to use it, etc...

You know, I love the ease of photobooks! I have to say, I love the way scrapbooks look, and I like working with my hands, and the 3d quality it can have, but as someone who's constantly trying to conserve on space and not really wanting more stuff junking up our place, photobooks are awesome! I got a flat rate once from...winkflash I think...and I was able to go up to 100 pages in a 12x12. And how thin it is on the shelf! I could have so many of those, and it saves on room. :thumbsup2

You look like a very sensible and wise shopper. I too, love getting things that I'll actually USE! The cutting board is a great example, as are the Tiki cup and tea diffuser!! Great picks!!

Hmmm.. photopass. I would be one to pass it up. I've always been way too frugal and am happy to use my own camera (I bought and brought it to use). but TK's point of not having to whip it out all the time is a good one. It does eat up a lot of time finding someone to take the shot, telling them how to use it, etc...

That's exactly what I love about useful souveniers. I may have to pick up an ornament this trip since it's a Christmas trip. I also have a great wine bottle stopper that I bought in the AKL gift shop the one time I stayed there. It's not at all Mickey related, but a great wood carved giraffe. It was really inexpensive, and always makes me think of that trip and staying at the lodge. Gets lot of use too. :rolleyes1

You know, I love the ease of photobooks! I have to say, I love the way scrapbooks look, and I like working with my hands, and the 3d quality it can have, but as someone who's constantly trying to conserve on space and not really wanting more stuff junking up our place, photobooks are awesome! I got a flat rate once from...winkflash I think...and I was able to go up to 100 pages in a 12x12. And how thin it is on the shelf! I could have so many of those, and it saves on room. :thumbsup2

I love the feel of real scrapbooks too. For the trips with my niece's I would never think of doing anything else. I want to save all the little momentos from the trip. You are right though. They take up so much space. It scares me a bit how much scrapbooking stuff I own, when I have no time to work on anything.

Last year for Christmas presents I made photobooks for my folks, brother and SIL and my SIL's dad of our trip to Disney. It was a huge hit, especially with my parents and my SIL's dad. They loved getting to have their own photobook of the trip. My New Year's Resolution next year is going to complete my scrabook of that trip.

Good news! My tiki has been found! I followed Flossbolna's advice and posted over on the Poly info thread and in practically no time at all someone posted this -

tiki_opt.jpg

:woohoo: She said it was out by the bus stop, but that she was pretty sure there was another one near the lobby.

At least I know there is one out there!

It scares me a bit how much scrapbooking stuff I own, when I have no time to work on anything.

You could be my twin with a statement like that. :lmao: I used to sell Creative Memories, so I have a TON of stuff just sitting. I'm so tempted to donate / get rid of 75% of it.

Last year for Christmas presents I made photobooks for my folks, brother and SIL and my SIL's dad of our trip to Disney. It was a huge hit, especially with my parents and my SIL's dad. They loved getting to have their own photobook of the trip. My New Year's Resolution next year is going to complete my scrabook of that trip.

I've done that before and it's such a nice gift! You know what else people really enjoy? If you pick a few of your very favorite photos from a trip and do one of those photo collages. I did that for Mom and Nana last year for Mother's Day (of our December trip) and they just loved it!

Good news! My tiki has been found! I followed Flossbolna's advice and posted over on the Poly info thread and in practically no time at all someone posted this -

tiki_opt.jpg

:woohoo: She said it was out by the bus stop, but that she was pretty sure there was another one near the lobby.

WOO HOO!!!! Yeah for the TIKI!!!! :banana:

tiki_opt.jpg

WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!:banana: Got to love DIS!!!!!

You could be my twin with a statement like that. :lmao: I used to sell Creative Memories, so I have a TON of stuff just sitting. I'm so tempted to donate / get rid of 75% of it.

I love my Creative Memories stuff. Especially the cutting system!

I've done that before and it's such a nice gift! You know what else people really enjoy? If you pick a few of your very favorite photos from a trip and do one of those photo collages. I did that for Mom and Nana last year for Mother's Day (of our December trip) and they just loved it!

I love the collage idea. I'm going to have to remember that.

WOO HOO!!!! Yeah for the TIKI!!!! :banana:

WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!:banana: Got to love DIS!!!!!

I should have known I'd find it here on the Dis. :thumbsup2

My trip seems to be sneaking up on me at a really rapid pace, but luckily I've been keeping up with my to-do list for both the trip and for the upcoming holidays. I moved my suitcase up to my room, and I've been tossing stuff in as I think of it. Luckily I've been able to get most of my clothing ready since I don't need things like shorts any longer up here in CT. All I'll really need to add to the suitcase is things like my jeans, and the makeup and hairstuff I use everyday. I've tried to restrain myself from doing too much shopping for my trip, but I have picked up a few things along the way. :rolleyes1 (I'm convinced it's an illness).

Earlier this year I bought two new bags. I had every intention of only bringing the wristlet for my main park bag, but I've been having some second thoughts.

NewWristlet_opt.jpg

I've been using the mini-hipster off and on lately, and it's really growing on me. I'm still not in complete love with the pattern, but I've been finding it roomier than I originally thought. It's lightweight, and it actually falls decently across my body. It's now a solid maybe to bring along on the trip, just because of the worry free quality of it.

Hipster.jpg

A bit more unexpected was the new bathing suit I purchased last week. I had already bought myself a new bathing suit at the end of the season this year, but my dirty little secret is that I have a weakness for purchasing bathing suits. This makes no sense at all, because at the most I put one on a handful of times a season, but still I feel driven to buy new suits constantly. I'll never admit to how many I actually own. A co-worker though had sent me a 30% off coupon good at The Gap's family of companies. I was poking around online and found this suit at their Athleta store.

swimsuit_opt.jpg

I had never heard of Athleta, but I loved that they had some bathing suit tops with bra cup sizing. :lovestrucI'm always hunting down, but never finding bathing suits with real support. The suit was in the clearance section, and I got the 30% off on top of that. :woohoo:It had to be ordered. I just received it today and it's adorable. I can't wait to try it on. I also purchased the matching bottom, and a new cover-up as well, although I will probably be wearing the top I bought with my favorite Lands End swim shorts.

My very first trip purchase for this trip though was actually made just after Christmas last year.

SnowmanShirt_opt.jpg

I had picked up this t-shirt from Christopher Banks at the end of the season for I think about $5. Perfect to wear to the Christmas party. I also picked up this tank top at the same time in case it's really warm.

TankNeck_opt.jpg

Actually the tank was bought for me to wear Christmas day under this sweater -

XmasSweater_opt.jpg

But I'm thinking that I may just bring it along anyways. Just in case.

Another one of my little issues is that I hate having cold hands. Any of the rest of me I'm fine with being cold, but I hate having cold hands. Now while I'm not expecting to freeze to death in Orlando on my trip, I just want to be prepared. If I have to walk around all night with cold hands, my BFF may just do me it. I finished these gloves up last week.

Gloves_opt.jpg

They should work out perfectly if I need a little more warmth for my hands. They aren't too heavy, but will provide a bit more warmth if I end up needing it.

On Friday I had picked up a new mini wallet, and an ID lanyard to use at the airport. They were really cute, and I found them really inexpensively at one of the craft booths that they have now at Bryant Park in NYC. I would have showed those to you too. Would have. Somehow though I have managed to lose them. I bought them on Friday and by Sunday night I couldn't find them. I thought they were in my bag, but when I went to look for them they were gone. I'm at a loss at where they may have gone. I've searched my car, and my place. I went back to the Subway I stopped at for dinner. Nothing. I put in a report with the train, but I haven't heard anything from them. I swear I'd lose my head if it wasn't attached to the rest of my body. :sad2:

GREAT update...you're getting soooo close!!! I'm with you, the mini hipster is great, I used mine for the my last trip and it fit WAY more than I thought it ever would.....it's a good choice for your trip, I think. Love the wristlet, I remember when you got that, love the colors!!:lovestruc Your bathing suit is sooo cute, love it!! Hope it works out and you get a chance to use it!!!:wizard:

GREAT update...you're getting soooo close!!! I'm with you, the mini hipster is great, I used mine for the my last trip and it fit WAY more than I thought it ever would.....it's a good choice for your trip, I think. Love the wristlet, I remember when you got that, love the colors!!:lovestruc Your bathing suit is sooo cute, love it!! Hope it works out and you get a chance to use it!!!:wizard:

I'll probably bring both bags since they weigh practically nothing and take up no room, along with my baggalini in case I want something bigger. I'd been bringing my hipster to several baseball games and it worked great. I was amazed how much I could fit in there.

I figure I'll get to use the suit at least once when I go to the spa. I want to hit up the hot tub at the BWI a few times too. I love relaxing in a hot tub.

LOVE your suit!! That is just absolutely adorable!

My second fav. goodie is your gloves. How perfectly great! I'm about ready to start my shopping too, so know your excitement about getting some things ready for the trip! Yay for you!

And look at that ticker?! Only 15 days!:banana:

LOVE your suit!! That is just absolutely adorable!

My second fav. goodie is your gloves. How perfectly great! I'm about ready to start my shopping too, so know your excitement about getting some things ready for the trip! Yay for you!

And look at that ticker?! Only 15 days!:banana:

I love fingerless gloves. Thank goodness they are fairly quick to knit up. Those only took me a couple of days, and that's with not even working on them all that often.

15 days? It doesn't seem possible. I'm so focused on Thanksgiving right now, it really hasn't sunk in yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter