Long Time Lurker...Now Needs Help

earthyfamily

Mouseketeer
I've been a lurker for quite some time...about a year now. I've thought many times that I should just jump in and ask the many questions I seem to think up...so here it goes...my family (Dh, DD (6), DD (2) & DS (4)) and I have only been to the World once. Though it seems like hundreds of times, perhaps because we think about it so much and have come to know so much about it. We stayed at CBR in May '05 and are going back to the world in September '06. As of right now the plans are for CBR again. I love the idea of how close CR is to the MK though....however I don't love the idea of the CR rooms. Soooo, I was considering WL. I don't know much about WL though and I'm not sure if the boat ride to CR (for CM) is a big hassle or if the boat ride to the MK is as easy as it seems. Does it take you the the TTC? Or would you still have to take a monorail or ferry to get the MK? Any thoughts or feedback on the situation and the WL would be very much appreciated.

Nicole

Love the boat rides, take them whenever I can. Buy the wat WELCOME TO THE DIS!!!

FYI the CR has been remodeling their rooms - check out the photos of the new room decor on allears.net. That's not to say you would be gaurenteed to get one of those but - you might! We don't stay at the CR so someone coorect me if I am wrong.........
The monorail will take you to the MK via but you must make the full loop first - TTC - POLY - GF - MK. You must Transfer to a different Monorail line at the TTC if you want to go to Epcot. The Boat rides from CR to MK are a short distance and don't take more than 10 minutes or so.
From the WL your only choice to go to the MK is the Launch. We have eaten there many times and headed to the MK after. Sometimes the wait is the killer. If you just missed one - it might be another 15 min. before the next one shows - but that is no different than how the busses work from CBR. So - I do not think you should base it on Transportation options but the Hotel itself. If I were you I would give WL a try. We used to stay at POFQ - and loved it , but one stay at a deluxe resort and we'll never go back. :love: BCV

The WL also has a bus to the MK. The boat ride from the WL to MK is a 10 minute ride. The bus ride from WL to MK is about 5 minutes.

We stayed at the CR last May - in one of the old style rooms - and it is a great place to stay with kids. The best way to get to the MK is to walk - there is a nice walkway and it takes maybe 15 mins at a slow pace. The best way to get back to CR is the monorail because it is the 1st stop. I'm not sure what you don't like about the rooms but they were spacious and comfortable before the renovation so I'd think they'd only be better now.

The best part of being at the CR is being so close to the MK that you can walk - especially with little kids. We also enjoyed have the convenience of the monorail. At night the Electrical Water Pagent goes by out in the lake and we would watch that - and we could stand just outside and watch the fireworks at the MK.

The biggest downside of the CR for us was no baby pool. My younger son was 3 and he loved the big CR pool just fine but I think overall a baby pool is better for him at that age. I'm guessing they haven't put in a new baby pool in the past year either!

Good luck deciding!

We loved WL last fall, and part of that experience was taking the boat rides to MK. It was fun, relaxing and made our vacation even more magical. We much preferred the boat to the bus. We never had to wait very long for a boat, even leaving MK one night, the first boat was loaded so we had to wait, but there was another boat within 5 minutes.

To answer your question about the WL boat, it drops you off next to where the monorail stops at MK, so no, you don't have to take another mode of transport. You just walk right up to the entrance gates.

One day I will get to stay at WL. I visited it in Dec 05. Love it!!!

if you want to experience WL, now is the time to do it. When your youngest turns 3, you will have to get a Jr Suite and that is much more money than a regular room at the contemporary. I love WL.

You'll absolutely love it if you stay at the Lodge. The boats.. are no big deal! I've stayed there 7 times and have never, ever, ever, ever had a problem :wizard: The boats to the Contemporary and the MK run regularly. It's a small open boat which takes you to CR..and the boat to the MK is enclosed and air conditioned. (unless you want to sit out back or up front, which is open). Prior to 3pm..the boat runs WL-MK-FW...after 3pm..it's WL-FW-MK. There used to be a bus to take you TTC from WL..but no more. What I would do is take a boat to CR or MK..whichever boat shows up first at the dock..then hop on the monorail at either place, and get off at the TTC stop. I've stayed at CBR..and your kids will LOVE the difference of being at the WL. The pool is MUCH nicer! :thumbsup2 They will have the geyser to watch. Most importantly...as I found with my girls..with the WL..the whole resort is under one roof! No more having to walk out of your door and walk outside over to the food court..you can just take the elevator down to the lobby and walk over to Roaring Forks! It's such a beautiful place, it's hard to do it justice just by talking about it :love: And yes..as someone mentioned before..all WL rooms (except the suites and deluxe rooms)..only hold 4, plus one child under the age of 3 in a crib..so this may be your only chance to do it, without spending a ton of money on the suite level or deluxe rooms. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter