Long-Term Vacation Rentals (Four Corners/Avalon Rd./Flamingo Crossing)

jamesweikamp

DIS Rookie
Good afternoon all. I was wondering if anyone had good recommendation for monthly rentals this area. We are building in Horizon West but will need to rent for a month or so before the house is done (Likely August 2-September 1). We could wait to move but really want to get our kids down there and in-school on the first day. Any leads on favorite rentals that are pet friendly? I can search VRBO, AirBNB, etc. but was hoping there were private rentals out there somewhere. Thanks in advance.

I'm assuming you're building in a neighborhood along Avalon or Western Way because that's where most of the new houses are popping up in Horizon West. That's Orange County and short term rentals are not legal. If you find one in Horizon West (and you will find them even on AirBnB) they are illegal, against the HOA, and residents will report them and they get shut down. The schools in that area are very overcrowded and with new families coming in constantly, even if your kids do end up arriving after the school year starts, I can guarantee that they will not be the only ones.

If you do need a short term rental, I'd recommend looking over in Lake County. South Lake has a lot of short term rental homes and it's legal there, and not a far drive from Horizon West.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter