• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Lockers at BLT

OP, if you're checking in (or out) and need the lockers, you can check at the gym to use the facilities there. I know that is how they work it at WLV, BWV, and BCV. The only resort I know of that has the lockers and dressing areas is OKW. I've never stayed at SSR, so don't know about them. I would imagine Kidani is the same, since their gym is near their pool.

There are a limited number of lockers there.

Bay%20Lake%20Tower%2013.jpg

This photo came from the following report http://land.allears.net/blogs/jackspence/2009/08/bay_lake_tower_opening_day_1.html

No, because there's no pool hopping there, not even for DVC members.

Um, where exactly did I say anything about pool hopping? I'm actually staying at BLT for one night at the beginning of our June trip and I plan on using the pool the day we check out and would like to be able to change into clothes after legally swimming at the pool I paid for.

OP, if you're checking in (or out) and need the lockers, you can check at the gym to use the facilities there. I know that is how they work it at WLV, BWV, and BCV. The only resort I know of that has the lockers and dressing areas is OKW. I've never stayed at SSR, so don't know about them. I would imagine Kidani is the same, since their gym is near their pool.

Thank you for the useful information. It might be kind of a pain to lug my two year old and five year old over to the gym but I suppose I'm going to have to get them dressed somewhere! :)

Um, where exactly did I say anything about pool hopping? I'm actually staying at BLT for one night at the beginning of our June trip and I plan on using the pool the day we check out and would like to be able to change into clothes after legally swimming at the pool I paid for.

I don't think that the poster was pointing fingers.

What I read was since no one is allowed to pool hop at BLT, Disney didn't install lockers.

:earsboy: Bill

Thank you for the useful information. It might be kind of a pain to lug my two year old and five year old over to the gym but I suppose I'm going to have to get them dressed somewhere! :)

You can certainly still change in the restrooms, just no place to hose the kids down (no showers). If you throw a washcloth & soap in your bag, maybe you can just wash them down.

BTW -- I've never noticed those lockers.....good information to know. They look huge too! (We always have a rental car, so we throw our stuff in there on the last day).

Just got back last night from 6 nights at BLT and our flight home wasn't until 7:30 PM so we wanted to spend the afternoon at the pool. I asked at the front desk if there was a courtesy shower somewhere like they have at AKV Jambo House and was told to just use the one at the Contemporary pool. There was only 1 in each bathroom but it suited our purpose for the afternoon and we found we enjoyed that pool a lot more.

I gotta add that I was soooo much more impressed with the pool(s) at the Contemporary compared to BLT. I couldn't believe we wasted our time at the BLT pool on our other days. The pool at BLT was dinky and crowded with toddlers clogging up the slide dump-out and steps while the Contemporary pool was huge and had tons of loungers available. Not crowded at all - plenty of personal space to move about. There is also an adult pool area over there if you want some additional peace & quiet, although we didn't find it necessary. There was just soooo much more room. The loungers at BLT were literally touching each other and I lost my balance & fell trying to find a way to step inbetween 2 of them the other day. I now have a gigantic 6" purple bruise on my right thigh that's the color of an eggplant. I think the pool at BLT is a poor joke. It was a lifeguards nightmare - every time we were there they had to shut the slide off to wait for these unattended 3 yr olds in their life vests & floaties to clear the slide dump area because the parents were nowhere to be found. I also saw each lifeguard have to take a turn at jumping into the pool to pull some little kid to safety. I've never ever in my life seen so many rescues in such a small pool and so few parents waiting for their kids at the bottom of the slide but the pool was overcrowded and it definitely tested the lifeguards awareness. Even though our DS has always been a good swimmer, even when he was little we would never have left him in the pool alone just because we felt he was safe in a life vest. But I could've counted 10 or 12 little kids coming down that slide at any given time with no parents in sight.:sad2:

If you want to relax and enjoy the pool and have a little personal space try going to the Contemporary - they allow BLT guests to go over there but they do not allow any other guests to use the BLT pool - it's just too small. (Oh and there were a few small lockers at the Contemporary pool too - similar to the ones pictured in the other post above.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter