LL+ time changed on me AFTER purchase

I DID plead my case to the blue shirts at the GE umbrella. She basically told me "it is what it is" (and kind of tried to make me feel stupid for it). I booked a REGULAR G+ for Slinky Dog for 9:30a,, by the time I completed the booking (seconds) it had changed to 7:30 PM.
So much for being an industry leader in customer service. I know that's been gone for a while, but this seems like a decisive nail in that coffin.

It isn't what "it is". It's what Disney chose to make it.

Would I be right to assume it always moves to a later time? We actually want to book Rise for about 7 PM (can you choose a time that relate right away?). I shouldn’t have an issue with that right at 7 right? And even if it moves a later no big deal. Just not much earlier would work.

Would I be right to assume it always moves to a later time? We actually want to book Rise for about 7 PM (can you choose a time that relate right away?). I shouldn’t have an issue with that right at 7 right? And even if it moves a later no big deal. Just not much earlier would work.
I wanted an evening Remy so just took my time going through the steps and it worked out. Of course, I could have ended up with nothing.

No! I had one actually move to an earlier time LOL. Every G+ or iLL$ I booked switched times on me.

No! I had one actually move to an earlier time LOL. Every G+ or iLL$ I booked switched times on me.
Maybe I’ll be better off just getting in line before closing. I was hoping to get a ILL because I figured if it was down I could get a refund and wouldn’t have to stand in line as long. And I was planning on getting in line for something else before closing. I’ll get an ILL for another day when we have no plans on the evening so if it changes no big deal. Plus it’ll save me some money (was planning on purchasing twice).

But what happens if it conflicts with a dining reservation?

That happened to me 2 weeks ago. I had an ADR at 1pm-2pm at San Angel. Buying Remy it said 11am, then when I completed the purchase it came back as 1pm-2pm. I hit the chat in the application and I explained to the person that I had an existing ADR at 1-2 and there was no way I was going to complete a full sit down dining AND clear across the world showcase in an hour - just wasn't going to happen.

I expected them to just offer a refund or tell me to show up late and plead with the ILL person showing them the ADR (which would likely ALSO have worked).

Instead., the chat person came back in about 45 seconds and said they could change Remy to 3pm-4pm - that would give me 3 hours from my ADR which would be more then enough time. I said that would be perfect. About 30 seconds later the change showed up in my MDE.

Total time to resolve was about 3-4 minutes while I was sitting in my hotel room shaving - so really not much trouble.

I think it's easier for them to secure a later time for a ILL then an earlier time.

I would try to talk to Guest Services or the blue tents, if they are still there. These are in the parks.

This happened to us and the folks under the blue tent/umbrella were very helpful. They resolved it for us and we were able to go at our originally scheduled time. They seemed to be very familiar with the problem-

But what happens if it conflicts with a dining reservation?
We had SDD change for us from late morning to 1:25 after I hit ok, and we had Sci Fi at 1:05. We checked in early at Sci Fi and actually got seated early, but our food took FOREVER to come. I mentioned to the server that we had to get to a LL by 2:25 (I knew we actually had a 15 min grace period also). She told us that if we had an ADR they would let us in late. We still hurried, but the LL line at SDD was super long and we ended up tapping in a few minutes after our grace period. I told them we had been eating at Sci Fi and the CM didn't even bat an eyelash, he just changed us to green and let us go. So it did work out without issue for us, but with different CMs who knows.

I wanted an evening Remy so just took my time going through the steps and it worked out. Of course, I could have ended up with nothing.
With those ILL, you can select your time. It still might change, but you should not delay selecting, hoping to get a later time, just click on the time right away and it will bring up a list of time slots to choose from.

Happened to me too.....
LL for PP said 10:30. Pressed button. After a few sec of spinning I was confirmed for 12:30p. This happened at 7A so thousands of others had the same plan and their internet connection was faster I guess. Pretty much nothing anyone can do.

Happened to me too. I chose 1:00 for Remy, but after payment it showed up as 4:30, and we were going to be in the Magic Kingdom by then to meet our cousins for dinner. I used the chat feature on MDE to request a refund, which showed up a couple of days later on my credit card statement.

I can just picture Chapek smiling like Mr Burns and saying excellent when he thinks about that scam of a process.
But here’s the most infuriating part……it doesn’t even make Disney MORE money! I’m already paying—I just want what I paid for!! It’s like you point to the pink Mickey ear hat behind the register, pay for it, and they stick a blue one in your bag. The hat cost them the same!!! So it’s not even a GOOD scam!! Now, if you think they’re doing it out of spite…..I mean, it’s hard to argue with, cuz there seems to be no other logical explanation. Serenity now……….

It is astounding how many IT, software etc issues a company like Disney has.

Sadly, the issue here is less in software development then in the business requirements part of the process. There should have been a requirement that "As a guest, I expect the time of my reservation to be the time I selected". That's a VERY BASIC REQUIREMENT and one of those that when written that way people tend to go "well, duh. Why would you even have to SAY that?".

Unfortunately when it's not stated, things like this happen. That's when we have to take a step back and look at our process. It's one of those things where when it gets this bad the fix is to start at requirements and state the obvious. Because then it will never make it past testing because it won't pass.

My family was in the parks from 2/20-2/25. We used IAS, at 7:00AM, a total 6 times during our trip. This happened EVERY time. The actual times we received were on average 2-3 hours after the time we selected. 2 of the 6 times we had a direct conflict with our ADR and we were faced with the decision of cancelling our ADR or skipping the ride. Not a fun way to start your days. Next year I will follow the advice throughout this thread of taking screenshots and going to the blue tents to see what can be done.

Reactions: cm8

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter