Live Trip Report - 10/13/21-10/16/21 - Day 3 departure

Agree… it’s not a place that is quiet..
conversations best done when the band takes their break

Checked out this morning and are now back home.

Last night, I texted RPR to see if the boat was running, they quickly replied that it should be running. In the morning, the security team wasn't sure if/when the RPR boat would resume operation. It looked like there was work being done on the dock. Would have been nice if the hotel texted everyone and told them to avoid the dock that morning.

After dinner last night, as we were going down the steps to the dock, we saw a boat leave heading in the Sapphire/RPR direction. It ended up being a RPR boat. We got in line and waited 6 minutes for the next boat.

For checkout this morning, they sent a text that said we had options: Check out through the TV (I usually do it this way), text them, or go to the front desk. The folio had already been dropped in my email around 4AM, so it was easy to do a quick check, then I texted them. Easy as that.

We dragged our luggage down and the lobby was jammed with people. This was about 9 AM, I think. There were probably 10 people in line to check in, so I'm glad there were other checkout options.

We walked outside and the porte-cochere was loaded with cars in gridlock. the cars were three across, so there was no getting around. I went and got the car, then parked at the end of the line and picked up my wife an luggage. We then sat for maybe 5 minutes before enough cars were cleared out and we could weave our way through.

Extra thoughts:
  • Still haven't received the folio for Dockside, nor has anything hit my credit card other than the one night of parking.
  • The shower at RPR as so much better than Dockside. Plenty of hot water and great pressure. Pressure was fine at Dockside, but the shower would only get warm.
  • There were so many walking around the park in all black. I can only assume they were staying for HHN but I can't imagine walking around in that heat all day wearing that.
  • Once the HHN crowd started filing in, the number of people wearing all black skyrocketed. lol
  • No problems using our AP twice yesterday, maybe we've gotten through all of the issues.
  • If you have to go to guest services for any reason, and can wait, we've had good luck at the one near Red Oven in City Walk. The times we've visited, there was little to no line.
  • Right after my post where I said the Freestyle Machines were petty well stocked, we tried the set near Monster's Cafe on our way out of USF. One was out of ice. The other, my wife tried to get Poweraid and it gave her a small quirt of syrup and that was it. When she tried the other machine, she had been locked out.
    • There was a HHN food kiosk close with a short line, so we walked over there to see if they could reset the timer. They did so with no issues.
    • While we were standing there a guy brought up his Freestyle cup and asked for a refill on the Jack & Coke Icee. The TM said he couldn't have one, not because that's not included, but because the guy already got one and shared it with his wife. It wasn't clear by the conversation if he dumped it into a cup she had (non Freestyle) or if she just drank from his cup, but either way, the TM was standing firm on not giving the refill.

The guest tried the "So I buy a cup from you, but you won't let me use it how I want to use it" line, but it was still a no. It does say on the website and I noticed it at a few places that sold the cups, that sharing is not allowed.

I am still confused on if you could get a Jack & Coke Icee as your free refill - that seems like a bad idea all the way around.
  • Both hotels were clean in the rooms, hallways, lobby, walkways, etc. We saw no issues.
  • RPR did full housekeeping without requesting. We didn't expect it to happen, but we came back to a made bed and new towels.
  • We'd see food trays outside of doors and the next time we'd walk the hall (it would be hours later), they trays would be gone.
  • On one of our Mummy rides, we loaded into the car and the girl in front of me had a purse. One TM told her to just sling it cross body and the other TM said she couldn't go on the ride. Eventually, the second TM won and they unloaded the girl so she could put her stuff in a locker. Then, there was some commotion in the rows behind us and eventually someone else got out. I have no idea why - could have been another bag, but it might also have been the lap restraint wouldn't work for this particular guest.
    • The whole time, I was watching the ride operator that was getting very frustrated with the whole thing. He kept waiving his arm like, 'get them off the ride so I can push this button' Ha!
  • The Mummy needs some love, so I'm glad to see they will have some downtime. I hate it for people that go within that window, though.
  • Never really noticed the music in Toon Lagoon before. It's fun how, as you walk through, you hear different sounds and instruments all playing the same song. Like you'll hear the general tune than as you get close to the dog, you'll heat it barking with certain beats. Eventually, you can barely hear the music anymore, and the dog is the new lead. Then it shifts again as you keep walking. Nice detail there. I still wouldn't mind if they bulldozed that area tomorrow ;). For us, it's just a pass through.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter