Live Photos and Updates 6/7-6/9 & 6/16-6/24

A bunch of DISers meeting on the Fantasy

f17a4e17.jpg

See you on the other side peeps!

LOVED all of the pictures of the ship, Aaron. I can only imagine the magic you are experiencing RIGHT NOW! Totally jealous!

Back on land and back to WDW! Oh! And back to the photos and updates.

At Saratoga Springs!
e92c1033.jpg

Checking out Sorcere's of the MK

abbededc.jpg

8f957e7e.jpg

Main St. Bakery scrim.

4a5afadf.jpg

From the Disney Fantasy.

8b3d28a1.jpg

Welcome back Aaron. Hope the cruise was wonderful. Looking forward to your report...and more pictures.

Splash. 60 minute wait.

16bbb984.jpg

From Castaway Cay. A great day!

4ccb49f3.jpg

Hi Everybody -

I wanted to give you some of my impressions of the new Disney Fantasy while they were still fresh in my mind.

First the Aquaduck - It's faster on the Fantasy. There appears to be more of a slope along the port side of the ship which allows the rafts to move faster through the ride. The Dream doesn't seem to have that amount of slope. Also, along the ride there is a camera that takes a photo of you (the second hill). The picture will show up in in Shutters Digital only. There is not hard copy of the photo in your photo book.

Second - The fitness center in Senses Spa is too small. I went there more than a few times and there were so many people in the fitness center I had to leave and come back later. I think Disney underestimated the fact more guests would workout more on 7 night cruises versus 3, 4, and 5 night cruises.

Third - This was the best dining experience we've ever had on a cruise ship. I couldn't believe the quality and taste of the food. We never had a bad or even average meal. Our dining experiences were simply exceptional all the way down to the quick service food at Flo's.

Fourth - The entertainment was terrific, except the show on the first night which I'd recommend skipping. It's basically an overview of the ship and ship services in a theater show. It has some funny moments, but worth skipping. The new shows Alladin and Disney Wishes were great additions to the show lineup. Great music and dance scenes. The last night a show called "An Unforgettable Journey" is wonderful and worth seeing. Just be warned it is a 'tear jerker'. Characters are all over the ship. If you didn't see a character it's because you didn't want to. Lines were short and characters were dressed in several different flavors.

Fifth - Our service was excellent in the dining rooms and Palo. The only problem was with our stateroom host. I didn't even know who he was until the 3rd night. Some nights our room was not turned down and some days our room wasn't even cleaned. We were on deck 2 midship near the Enchanted Garden. Not a bad location for the dining rooms, entertainment, and theaters, but far away from deck 11. Everyone on the ship was very friendly and cordial.

Lastly - this ship is a little better than the Dream. There are more spaces for adutls and the technology is better. I honestly believe the sound system is better and funnel vision on deck 11 is better (more clear and crisp). One space I didn't get to take advantage of is the Outlook on deck 14. A great place to get away from the crowd, enjoy a drink, and get a great view of the ocean. Make sure to check it out if you're on the Fantasy in the future.

That's about it. Feel free to ask any questions. :)

Photos from the Fantasy.

0429a505.jpg

ece2ebcf.jpg

e9671f25.jpg

5a8f7e9d.jpg

940285bb.jpg

9a64eec3.jpg

cb2ae4a8.jpg

e3b9eedc.jpg

393d604f.jpg

d08de108.jpg

The Royal Court was our favorite restaurant of the three main dining rooms.

b193706b.jpg

Resort specific merchandise at Saratoga Springs.

44fda8c7.jpg

Third - This was the best dining experience we've ever had on a cruise ship. I couldn't believe the quality and taste of the food. We never had a bad or even average meal. Our dining experiences were simply exceptional all the way down to the quick service food at Flo's.

Fifth - Our service was excellent in the dining rooms and Palo. The only problem was with our stateroom host. I didn't even know who he was until the 3rd night. Some nights our room was not turned down and some days our room wasn't even cleaned. We were on deck 2 midship near the Enchanted Garden. Not a bad location for the dining rooms, entertainment, and theaters, but far away from deck 11. Everyone on the ship was very friendly and cordial.

Great pictures Aaron! I love the Fantasy detail shots. :thumbsup2

Glad to hear the dining was so good. It always surprises me when they talk about how the food isn't that good or is only mediocre.

Did you say anything about not seeing your room host and your room not being cleaned? That would have really bugged me, I hate when the room doesn't get done, I love coming back to a nice clean room after being out and about all day.

Great pictures Aaron! I love the Fantasy detail shots. :thumbsup2

Glad to hear the dining was so good. It always surprises me when they talk about how the food isn't that good or is only mediocre.

Did you say anything about not seeing your room host and your room not being cleaned? That would have really bugged me, I hate when the room doesn't get done, I love coming back to a nice clean room after being out and about all day.

I did let Guest Services know about the issues. That seemed to help. One night I think someone other than my Stateroom Host came down and turned down our beds. From what I could tell our Stateroom Host had to be new (not from another Disney ship).

BTW - I took a lot of detailed pictures. This ship is so full of details its incredible. The one place that has a ton of detail is the Royal court. You could walk through that restaurant and take loads of photos. Just beautiful!

Good Morning Everyone -

I'm off to the Studios and then off to EPCOT around 12 Noon. Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there! :)

Happy Father's Day Aaron!!!
Thank you for sharing your photos and thoughts with us. Enjoy the Studios and have a magical day! (Say hi to Matt if he's there!)

Amanda

A picture perfect day at the Studios!

6e205be0.jpg

TSM says a 60 minute wait, but I highly doubt it.

215f84c1.jpg

This set has been hot for so long it's burning up! C'mon Monster's Inc.

d50dc6c9.jpg

Checking out some of the details

a4d42438.jpg

e0da1949.jpg

Looking up never hurts.

0ee8f9d5.jpg

Glow-in-the-dark Mickey shirt.

56d83951.jpg

Enjoying a cup of coffee, but no pastries. I'm still in a food coma.

11d27b0b.jpg

ee6e4148.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter