Live from the PC Terminal 8/2/11

I was on the 8/2 cruise, leaving on a Tuesday.

I went to Budget, got there about 11:10 and was the only one there. The checkin person was very nice. The shuttle was out on it's first drop-off and got back about 10 minutes after we got there. We were the only ones riding to the Port once we left.

The line for the outside checkin at the gate was pretty quick.

The lines for security were long and slow. The line for check in (Castaway) was longer and slower. The first time cruiser line was much shorted than the Castaway one. We had a port arrival time of 11am and we finally checked in about 12:30. We had a boarding number of 3 and they were already boarding 12. I asked if the number was assigned according to the port arrival time and she said yes. Sweet.

Walked right on and went to Cabanas for lunch. It was mobbed, people were pushy and rude and there were no tables so we had to sit at the bar. One the Inaugural cruise, the servers were finding the guests tables. Guess that is gone!

So what I'm saying is, Budget was great and Disney was not! Except for the #3.

Oh and once I had a bad experience with Budget - long lines to get on the shuttle and in the check out line. There were several ships going out that day and a lot of people coming off ships picking up cars. Other than that one time it's always been fine.

:confused3 Anyone post from the port today leaving on the Dream? Alot of excitement? Did you leave early or on time? Would love to hear from a Dis'er on the Dream!!!:thumbsup2

We were on the 8/12 sailing and got the Disney bus from MCO at 9:30, arrived at port around 10:40 and were thru security and in the terminal by 10:50. We had open boarding so we were on the boat by 11:30...it was seamless and the port was empty. Disembarkation was smooth also...took about 20 min to get thru customs and we were on our way to Disney!! :thumbsup2

We were on the 8/12 sailing and got the Disney bus from MCO at 9:30, arrived at port around 10:40 and were thru security and in the terminal by 10:50. We had open boarding so we were on the boat by 11:30...it was seamless and the port was empty. Disembarkation was smooth also...took about 20 min to get thru customs and we were on our way to Disney!!

:thumbsup2 Whoo Hoo! Glad things went so smoothly for you! Hopefully in 6 weeks, our time will be just as smooth! Thanks for sharing!:)

We sailed on the Dream on 8/21 out of PC. We arrived at the port about 10:45 am (apparently the GPS was wrong about how long it would take us to get there). When we arrived at the terminal we saw numerous Disney buses and private transportation services unloading and figured that we would be safe to unload and park. Unfortunately I was wrong. The port authority people told us that the port was not open yet and that we should leave the port area and come back no earlier than 30 minutes later. I had no idea where to go. I am unfamiliar with the area. We left and went out, did a u-turn and then parked along the side of the road. After about 10 minutes we noticed the traffic getting heavier and decided to make another attempt.

The second attempt was fine, we got in. When we got into the terminal it was packed. It was 11:00 on the dot. There were a lot of people there. The lines for security and check in were pretty long. Things appeared to be moving pretty quickly, but most of those people must have arrived via Disney and Private transport much earlier than 11:00 as there were not too many arriving via the parking lot.

I wonder if it would make the most sense to arrive when they start boarding the ship. Would that be about 11:30? Then you avoid the line of cars that got there too early and had to either wait or drive around.

We were in the 8/21 sailing of the Dream, it was the fastest I have ever been checked in and on a boat. This is our 5th cruise 1st disney cruise. We arrived at the port at 10:35 was told it was not open yet, he said circle around and come back, we did took about 10 minutes. We arrived back at 10:45 am he said ok head to the garage, and we did. Dropped off our luggage, went thru security, filled out health form, checked in, registered kids and were heading thru the mickey head at 11:40 am. It was smooth sailing!!!!:yay: I was prepared for it to be horrible after reading some of the comments but it was great. There was no traffic heading into the port the guy did say that only private transportations such as limos and busses or disney busses are allowed in before 11.

We were on the 8/21 cruise and used Park n Cruise to save some bucks... (Park n Cruise was great!)... We had a 1:30 Port Arrival Time and was able to board at 12:30... We got to the port at 12PM and the lines were huge, but moved fairly quiclly... After check-in, we were already in the line to board....

So yes, they are not really enforcing Port Arrival Times... We didn't even get a boarding number! We just walked on through...

Just thought to let y'all know... :goodvibes

OOT: does anyone know where the 5-Night Canada cruise from NY leaves? Of course I know it leaces from New York, NY, but does anyone know exactly from which port? TIA!

WWe are at PC now. Arrived at 10:30 and dropped off the bags then parked. We were let in at 11:00: Now 11:30 and we are checked in, son registered and just waiting. Given group 3 and our port arrival time was 11. Very smooth so far. Very quick lines So excited!

WWe are at PC now. Arrived at 10:30 and dropped off the bags then parked. We were let in at 11:00: Now 11:30 and we are checked in, son registered and just waiting. Given group 3 and our port arrival time was 11. Very smooth so far. Very quick lines So excited!

:banana: :banana:Happy For you! Have a great trip!

Sorry for the typos. I was on my iphone in the cab JUST pulling up to the Dream. I HIGHLY recommend dropping off the family/luggage then going to Budget. EVERYONE (us included) brought the whole family & luggage to Budget and they only had 1 small shuttle. The family that was dropped off at the port will have to wait until the car return person gets back, but it's much easier to get one person on the shuttle.

This will be our 1st time driving a rental to the port instead of using ME. So help me out with best plan. Our sign in time is set for 11:00

I was thinking I could drop them off, then they would go in with the online check-in paperwork and get our boarding number... sounds like that can't be done. DO they have to wait for me... and why?

Thanks in advance for a clear concise way to do this :)

I wonder, no pun intended, why the Port Authority is being so inconsistent about the port arrival times? We arrived around 10:45 and were turned away and told not to come back for 30 minutes.

I wonder, no pun intended, why the Port Authority is being so inconsistent about the port arrival times? We arrived around 10:45 and were turned away and told not to come back for 30 minutes.

We were fully prepared to be turned away but there were already a bunch of people there! I was thinking it was maybe because it was Labor Day Weekend and it was supposedly a full ship so they let the rules slide to get people through more smoothly? :confused3

This will be our 1st time driving a rental to the port instead of using ME. So help me out with best plan. Our sign in time is set for 11:00

I was thinking I could drop them off, then they would go in with the online check-in paperwork and get our boarding number... sounds like that can't be done. DO they have to wait for me... and why?

Thanks in advance for a clear concise way to do this :)

I know in the past people have suggested this....
I am wondering if this is a good idea still. When we cruised in March, everyone had to be there as they took our pictures at the same place we checked in...other times we waited in a separate line after checking in.

This was for the Mexican Riviera cruise so maybe it's different there.

I am wondering if this is a good idea still. When we cruised in March, everyone had to be there as they took our pictures at the same place we checked in...other times we waited in a separate line after checking in.

When we checked in this past Thursday they took a group pic of all of us. For security purposes, I would imagine everyone would have to be present.

When we checked in this past Thursday they took a group pic of all of us. For security purposes, I would imagine everyone would have to be present.

Ahhh.... so the group pic they take for the face recognition deal is done in the line where you get your boarding pass priority number? Or is the phot done as you are boarding...

It sounds like they can get into the terminal without me, but will have to wait for me to get in line for boarding pass.

Thanks so much for all your help :thumbsup2

Ahhh.... so the group pic they take for the face recognition deal is done in the line where you get your boarding pass priority number? Or is the phot done as you are boarding...

It sounds like they can get into the terminal without me, but will have to wait for me to get in line for boarding pass.

Thanks so much for all your help :thumbsup2

We had to show ID and the printed online documents to get into the terminal from the walkway. Then we went through security but I don't recall having to show ID there. They took the picture when we checked in. They could probably check in without you but couldn't check you in. However, I'd imagine if they have a lower boarding number you would be able to go in with them. Not sure about that though.

OOT: does anyone know where the 5-Night Canada cruise from NY leaves? Of course I know it leaces from New York, NY, but does anyone know exactly from which port? TIA!
NYC Cruise on the MAGIC will be going from the Manhattan Passenger Ship Terminal, west side (Hudson River) 45th-55th Sts.

I would LOVE the hear about someone's experiences with Hertz....that who we have booked.
oops - tmtee (next post) is absolutely right. I'm Hertz Gold, too, and must have had a flashback to a waaay prior rental. Sorry for the (original) misinfo!

BUT - the MAGIC WILL be sailing from Manhattan!

Actually, Hertz moved on-site at MCO a little over a year ago. We have their #1 Club Gold- and it is quite painless-collect luggage, walk over to parking garage, find our name and car slot- and off we go. We usually do one way rentals to Port Canaveral, and have always had good luck at that Hertz too. Wyte have never had a wait for a shuttle from Hertz to the ship.

If you do have a one-way, make sure you have one for returning from the ship to Orlando. The Port Canaveral Hertz has been sold out every time we have left the ship, and they ask before letting you on the shuttle.

This time we are doing a weekly rental as it was cheaper than two one way rentals, so keep checking.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter