Live from the Magic 1/21-1/28

The Roses said:
What's the door shoe thingy? What did you use it for?

Put it over the door for all those little things that you don't know where else to put them! We put it inside a closet and used it for extra camera stuff, sunscreen, pens/hi-lighters, etc..

unixadm - we were on the 1/21 cruise too, second seating and had Hemant & Ricardo as servers - were they not the best servers ever! This was our 3rd cruise, and they by far are the best that we have had.

marycaym....

We had the 5:30 seating...and YES!!!! They were fantastic! Hemant's service was better than I could have imagined (and I was expecting the best)....he knew what we wanted, gave us extra food, was right there when we needed him, etc. He really interacted with us, joked with us and really seemed to be having a good time serving us. Ricardo was great with the kids and very friendly but seemed slow with the drinks at first...he did seem to get better as the week went on. He was great on Pirate night....got the kids all set in their pirate hats and really kept them entertained. We gave them great tips and a raving review on the comment card and I will definitely request them if possible if we go on the Magic again.

Unixadm - Did you find it difficult having dinner at 5:30? We are leaving on our cruise on 2/25 and we have early seating because we thought it would work best for our group. I'm a little worried though about getting assigned to the 5:30 dining time. That seems so early to me. For some reason, it seems so much earlier than 6:00 (even though I know we're only talking about a 30 min. difference). Did you find that you were very rushed trying to make it to dinner every night? Thanks.

klStacker - we were on the 1/21 cruise as well. We had late seating, but DS didn't do to well the first night. (we had late back in October on the Wonder and he did fine) We got the Head Server, McClean, to set up a special table for us at the early seating, which for us was 5:45. I don't think we were eating any earlier than 6:15 any of the nights (takes time for drink orders and food orders).

As for rushing to dinner, we didn't have any problems with it. We were fortunate to have late seating for the first night, so we didn't miss any of the Sail Away party. That would have been the only time you rushed down other than the Kids Club graduation night.

If you have a child in the clubs and they do the graduation program on stage, you will be rushing for dinner. And now that they moved it to Semi-Formal night on the Eastern, we really had to rush DS to the room, put on his tux and then to dinner. No time for pictures before, so we did them when the late seating was doing theirs. They should really move the graduation back to Friday or an hour earlier on Thursday. The only thing before it was Bingo, so I don't see why they can't flip flop them or move Bingo an hour earlier.

leejay22 said:
Put it over the door for all those little things that you don't know where else to put them! We put it inside a closet and used it for extra camera stuff, sunscreen, pens/hi-lighters, etc..

Good idea! Thanks

Laurie,
When we got home and getting off the plane in Milw., I saw the baggage handlers unloading florial designed luggage and thought you and Jim were going to Oshkosh a little early. :lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl:

Brett

need_a_Disney_fix said:
Jeff, Sue and Logan...we miss you!!

We miss you and Jim as well. You guys are a hoot.

It feels empty now that the cruise is over. All the friends you meet on the board and then on the ship. Now everyone just goes there separate ways. From the people I've talked to that rebooked, it sounds like no one is going the week we are. Everyone is going a week or two later.

Jeff

plenam said:
Laurie,
When we got home and getting off the plane in Milw., I saw the baggage handlers unloading florial designed luggage and thought you and Jim were going to Oshkosh a little early. :lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl:

Brett

When we were waiting for our luggage at our home airport, there was another set of "sofa" luggage and Jim thought it was ours. It wasn't even the same color. Men!

Brett, we miss you guys too!!! :sad:

Oh, and Brett, the floral tapestry will not be going to Oshkosh. We require an entire motorhome for that!

:rolleyes1

Hi Everyone!

This was the first time I sat down to read this "live" report. What a thrill to re-live it and see the feedback from the other Dissers.

I also posted a trip report, if you want to check it out. I know I still owe pics to a few of you. I will be sure to get those out later tonight.

TTFN!

Hi all! Piper- I finally got to read your report thread. Yeah! Helps me remember the sun and fun. We're in the snowstorm at the moment with 4+ inches and more on the way. DC does not function well under these conditions! :sad2:
Happy Valentine's Day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter