LIVE and pre-trip report: 5 Years Married! OKW/BWI/PBH

As those of you who have read from the beginning of this thread will know, yesterday was our 5th wedding anniversary and my DH has been planning something for over a year.

It turned out to be a vow renewal at Coco Beach!

We tried to sleep in a bit but my body clock still woke me at 7 - six hours is apparently enough! We had a late breakfast at Olivia's, which was delicious. The chef came and spoke to us, and he substituted the biscuit with my sombrero beach omelette for a bowl of fruit. Carl had gluten free toast.

We then spent some time by the pool while Carl got a taxi to the Boardwalk Inn to check us in. When he came back he showed me photos of our room, which was already available, and the view. It looked out over the Boardwalk and we were in a corner room on the third floor. We could even see Seabreeze Point, which was exactly what we had hoped for :).

At 2pm a lady came to do my hair and make-up, and just after 5pm the limo pulled up outside our villa. The journey to Coco Beach took just over an hour and we passed the time with singing, champagne, and I-Spy!

When we got there, we had a secluded cove set up, with flowers scattered on the floor. Libbi acted as my flower girl and walked ahead of us as Carl and I walked down together. After the vows we took lots of fun photos before getting back into the limo. On the way home we sang through the entire Frozen soundtrack :D

We arrived at the Grand Floridian at about 8.45 and headed to the marina. Our boat was decorated for our anniversary and our food was set up. Our cake from BabyCakes was also there.

The Wishes cruise was perfect and our skipper did a great job, particularly engaging Oscar in conversation. During the part where all the characters say what their wishes are, Oscar said "I wish to drive a train," which made me tear up. Seven is the perfect age at Disney! I also teared up when Aladdin wished for Genie's freedom.

I'm pleased we chose Grand Floridian as it is such a short journey back after the show! We decided not to cut the cake as everyone was full, so we said goodbye to the others and took the cake to the Boardwalk. When we arrived there was a plate of chocolate covered strawberries and a white chocolate Mickey in our room, set up by some champagne flutes with a note to call private dining. They brought us up a bottle of champagne which we enjoyed sitting on our balcony with the amazing view!

Another amazing day :).

The boy did good with the surprise!!

Yesterday we had a lazy morning, although I woke up just after 8, and ate breakfast (BabyCakes brownie cupcakes and a fruit cup) on the balcony.

We wandered into Epcot at about 10.15 and I was addressed as Snow White by the first Photopass photographer, which was great as I was Disneybounding.

We headed for Captain EO then rode our Test Track FP. After this we decided not to use our other FPs and wandered World Showcase. We stopped to watch the Players perform Cyranose de Bergerac, the Japanese drummers and Voices of Liberty. We were hoping VoL would sing Let It Go but they didn't. They were still fabulous!

Next we headed to get pizza, which we ate on our balcony again, before heading to the pool, where we had a couple of rides on the coaster slide and spent some time in the jacuzzi.

After that it was time to get ready for our Kouzzina ADR. Once again, the chef came and spoke to us, and we had a delicious meal.

We walked to DHS and met the others at the front of the park. The plan was to watch the Frozen fireworks and see what else we could ride for EMH. We went to Muppetvision as TOT and RNRC had long waits, and RNRC had closed the single rider line.

We then wandered the Streets of America before getting a spot by American Idol. The fireworks were fab, even if our view was a little obscured. After the show we rode Great Movie Ride but Oscar and Libbi were very sleepy so the others headed back after this. Carl and I then rode TOT and RNRC before strolling back to the resort.

No update for a few days which I hope is because your having loads of fun.

No update for a few days which I hope is because your having loads of fun.

Sorry - the wifi connection at OKW got really bad and it became almost impossible to open threads, let alone post!

I've kept some notes so will complete as a proper trip report soon.

Got home today - bit of a nightmare journey with two delayed flights and a delayed train!

Welcome home, doesn't sound like the best journey home.

Seems to be a few with OKW WiFi problems :sad1:

Welcome home, doesn't sound like the best journey home. Seems to be a few with OKW WiFi problems :sad1:

Not the best, but at least we got here!

OKW wifi was frustrating as it was so hit and miss: sometimes it worked well, then other days nothing at all! Wifi in parks was much better, as was Portofino Bay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter