Little Tip for riding Mission Space...

Seriously, folks out there would really not ride a ride at Disney World because someone else said they didnt like it? Millions of people go on these rides everyday, why deprive yourself of an experience you can only get in this one location. I would love to see the true inner workings of this ride, my husband and I debate constantly about how the ride truly works. I too felt it was spinning, hes convincede otherwise.

I actually didn't think it was as big a deal as they made it out to be- and Im clausterphobic! One girl on our "team of 4" backed out at the last minute- I couldnt believe it, they do all that for hype for the ride. I guess its an integral part of rides.

Now Test Track- I agree with another poster's husband, couldn't have been more lame- move it to Toon Town, I drive faster than that here at home. I am sure there is a following for it, Lord knows I stood in line long enough to ride it.

MS on the other hand, my husband is such a fan we plan to go to MS directly after checking in, so DH can get his fill of it. I do believe he'll use a fast pass, then stand in line and use the pass to ride it again. LOL. hes facinated by it.

If this is only a spin ride the affects of weightless-ness are an enigma...its a lot of fun and gives a very real-life feeling of going into outer space.

I say, ignore all warnings....try it yourself first before you write it off. What if you denied yourself for years to try it 5 years from now and realized you've been missing out?

Go! Go! Go!:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc ::yes::

I thought about going on it but I am afraid too now, especially since I have mild high blood pressure. Plus I am not so good with spinning either. Thanks for the warnings all.

I would say ride it unless you have a medical reason not to ride. My niece loved it. Unfortunately, I had a slight headache and rode - BIG MISTAKE. We rode before the official opening, so I don't know if there were signs about not riding with a headache at that time, just don't risk it. My head was pounding. I told my husband and niece (my mom wouldn't ride) to not look sideways, keep focused forward, and they had no problems.

Don't know if I would do it again - probably would.

The whole thing about MS is it messes with your inner ear (which is responsible for balance). You know how you're in the back of a car and can get car sick? It's because although you know where you're going, your eyes and head can't tell so even though you're moving, your head doesn't know it (it's complicated I know!). With MS do NOT look away from the screen and do NOT close your eyes! It does mess with your stomach, especially during takeoff, but as long as you don't do either of those things you'll be fine!

The fact is, this ride affects each person differently, and the only real way to know how it will affect you is to try it. Do not ignore the warnings, but don't let them freak you out, either. I have no problem with spinning rides, but Mission: Space made me feel very disoriented and nauseous, and I had a headache for quite some time afterward. I didn't close my eyes or move a muscle, and I kept focused on the screen the whole time. I wasn't anxious beforehand, so I was surprised by how it made me feel. I thought the lift-off was intense and amazing, but the rest of the ride was where I had problems. I do have motion sickness problems with simulators. I'm glad I tried it, but I don't think I'll be going on again.

For those who are on the fence, I just read a post this morning that said someone got sick on the ride before them, and when it started up, they all got quite wet, and had to be supplied with new clothes after they got off. :crazy2:

This is going to be a sick question but I have to ask since my DS will be forcing me to ride in June. They give out barf bags but can you really "barf" in the bag. I have the impression that the g-force pushes you "back" and I would think it would be difficult to move your head down so that you can get "it" in the bag. I just want to be prepared.

Another question is this ride does have a fast pass. Don't want to stand in line for 60 minutes listening to the warnings. Just knowing they give the warnings if making me nauseaus.

Just remember to follow the directions that they give you during the briefing. Which are do not close your eyes, do not rotate your head to the sides, and keep your head back against the headrest at all times. Other than that enjoy the gravitational forces on your body and the excitemnt of simulated space travel. Bon Voyage!!

Eyes straight ahead, head back, and you'll be fine. Once inside, emmerse your self into the ride and you won't even know your spinning.

I've been on it a few times, and it seems to get better each time.

You should at least try it once so that you can say that you've experieced it.

Buzz 2400---Yes, this Mission Space does have a fastpass. It does cut down on the anticipation (in both good and bad ways!). The g-forces might be a problem if you got sick. I guess I'd just hold onto a bag just in case so you don't have to fumble for one, and hold it around my mouth and chin if necessary. Actually, I didn't even come close to being sick on this ride, and I remember as a kid being sick on a spinning ride (where the floor drops out) and being ill for hours. I attribute most of my queasiness to the nasty mix of colas I drank.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter